Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Share Your Day

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,168 Member
    As a retired English teacher - I congratulate you on your accomplishments! What a hard working woman you are Nic.
    I got my BA at 22. Taught school, got married and moved around a lot. Finally at the age of 50 I went to graduate school and got my MA. Mainly going to night school for two years. I was shocked to see so many “older” students in my classes. That MA gave me a very fulfilling 15 years of a new and pretty well paying career.
    You go girl!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    I had my first kid at 20, my fourth at 25. I was 35 (a month shy of 36) when I graduated with my Associates Degree in Nursing, and passed my NCLEX (licensure exam) one week after my 36th birthday. I started working as an RN one week after that.

If I am admitted this fall, I could have my BSN as early at December 2025, but more likely May 2026.
  • Yoolypr
    I had my first kid at 20, my fourth at 25. I was 35 (a month shy of 36) when I graduated with my Associates Degree in Nursing, and passed my NCLEX (licensure exam) one week after my 36th birthday. I started working as an RN one week after that.

If I am admitted this fall, I could have my BSN as early at December 2025, but more likely May 2026.

You, my good woman, are a warrior! Nothing is going to get in your way.

I must say that having four little ones in five years is darn impressive too. Can’t imagine how you handled that at such a young age.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    You move fast! :wink:
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,355 Member
    Wow...
    -- gr8 score and another step closer! Well done :)
  • PAV8888
    edited July 14
    Next thing we know Nic you will be hitting the books to become a Nurse Practitioner! They seem to be all the rage around our neck of the woods these days!
  • Yoolypr
    Getting ready to travel Tuesday. Thank goodness it’s not tomorrow! President is coming to town so traffic snarls, road closures and ground stops at the airport expected.
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 14
    I might be considering moving to Newfoundland??
  • Adventurista
    I have no idea why, but thought y'all lived nearby each other in UK.
    -- totally not correct, huh... lol

w157kdhn12el.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    I have no idea why, but thought y'all lived nearby each other in UK.
    -- totally not correct, huh... lol

Nope - I’m in Austin Texas. 🇺🇸 PAV lives in Vancouver BC Canada 🇨🇦

Where are you Adventurista? If you’re willing to share of course.
  • PAV8888
    Greater Vancouver-ish!😎 I suspect as close to city centre as you're to Austin city center!😂😂😂

Where did I miss our British Ladies discussing where they have their daily tea? I'll go reread upstream!

Nic? Newfoundland sounds good for the summer.... Looking into maybe going there in September.... But not sure about year round January:)😎🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Nope - not Nic. I was fantasizing about moving to Newfoundland! Less craziness maybe?

I do have an inkling of northeastern Canadian winters. Lived six miles from New Brunswick for several years. Snow from September to May- even in July! One year we had 120 inches /305 cm of snow. And the bone chilling cold. BUT it was peaceful and quiet.
  • Adventurista
    etsvqfhidtmk.jpg
    ~ something like this??? LOL

i'm West Coast US between mountain ranges so sweet spot near oceans, mountains or dessert. Lived in Dallas-Ft Worth awhile after college, loved it other than the heat. Family used to visit Vanc, BC as part of big summer vacations.... like when we went up to Seattle for big events or over to Yellowstone park. We would have tea @ the Empress and visit the Buchart gardens(? i think? mom loved the gardens). Loved to ride the ferry and we would bring home toffee.... good memories... i don't have a passport, so doubt will be able to go again.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 15
    If you solve the pesky problem ... your memories of Victoria are confirmed! 😎 And I'll throw in that toffee is even better from Granville Island!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Oh heck no. No NP for me (though, it would be funny, because my initial are NP, so I wiuld be NP, NP).

Had my dietician appt this morning. Weight loss continues on track and I'm maintaining muscle mass. I'm down to like 36% body fat from... Well, way way higher, so that's good too. Hit the gym after my appointment, really pushed my workout. Can tell I'll be "good sore" tomorrow.

I'm off to have a temporary crown placed, I have a tooth cracked where I had an old silver filling (dating myself here) form when I was 18.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Oh and I'm Canadian (by birth and current citizenship) but reside in the US. Alabama, unfortunately.
  • Yoolypr
    Oh and I'm Canadian (by birth and current citizenship) but reside in the US. Alabama, unfortunately.

Funny how life and love take you to strange and mysterious places you never imagined. Who knew?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Been way off plan because my fatigue levels have been bad the last few days.

We also had some really bad storms last night which kept me up until they passed. Luckily my area of the city seems to have gotten through pretty well, but the same can't be said for other parts. At one point, there were 10 radar indicated tornadoes in the Chicago area. 70 mph winds with gusts up to 90 mph. Lots of flooding. I somehow still have power and internet, but a lot of the city doesn't.

So I am tired from going to bed late on top of my fatigue. Should be a great combo.
  • Yoolypr
    Hope you’re feeling better today Athijade!

My day started at 2 am. Lots of flying and airport sitting. Voila - we’re in Cincinnati for the next week.
  • PAV8888
    So Yooly, it doesn't look like it's Canada that's imposing the weird "we can't even get out" stop at a foreign port!

From an article about some "Norwegian" line passengers on an Alaskan cruise: from the cruise line — $971 per passenger — for missing the boat. That fee stemmed from the US Customs and Border Protection’s Passenger Vessel Services Act, which they violated by not visiting a foreign port before they returned to the US, as their itinerary planned.