Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Share Your Day

1267268269270271273»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Oh nooooooooo..... please tell me you will get good internet for the house!!!!🤯
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,754 Member
    You know the idea is for it to be a retreat … Good Internet is maybe not ideal for that scenario??
  • PAV8888
    You know the idea is for it to be a retreat … Good Internet is maybe not ideal for that scenario??

W H A T ?????????🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
  • PAV8888
    Listen cabin in the woods...

It's like a first aid kit!!!!!🤯

You can offer to terminate the internet for the retreating forces!!!!!😎

You then change the password and they can't connect!

Put a lock or glue to any network ports so no sneaky wired connections! 😎
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    Well, I had my follow-up appointment and bloodwork with my gyn today. Upping my estradiol from 1mg to 2mg and since my TSH is still higher than normal, going to start treating my thyroid too, wheeee. I love being a perimenopausal woman.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Last cruising day for me! Has been ab-fab, ports - weather - ship, just everything. Today is a very relaxing sea day. Sat in a hot tub on deck and watched a concert on a giant screen. Ocean is very calm.

Tomorrow we disembark and begin our Big Apple adventures - starting with a matinee Broadway show!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    My day got absolutely wrecked. I picked up at work under the premise that we'd only have 2 early cases, knock out an easy 4 or 5 hours, then have the rest of my day free for gym, schoolwork, etc. With that in mind, I didn't bring lunch, or the stuff to do my schoolwork. We'll, it's been 12 hours and 10 minutes and I am still here. I had to buy lunch, fortunately I walked to the grocery a block up for that, I didn't get to go to the gym and I accomplished zero schoolwork, even though I had loads of slack time in the morning and middle the day, since I didn't get busy with a patient until almost 5pm. My coworker had a patient from like 9:40-12:30. Yeah, I'll get paid, but ugh.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,318 Member
    edited September 14
    Hi folks
    Just checking in to say hello and to assure you I'm still alive. My diet has been pretty appalling lately and I've gained a couple of kilos, but luckily I'm only just outside my maintenance range, so it's still retrievable. I definitely hear the warning bells, loud and strident. I'll have some remedial work to do once life gets back to an even keel.

However, watching a person starve to death has given me a new perspective on appetite and weight. I will never, ever, complain again about having a hearty appetite, even if that hearty appetite makes maintaining a healthy weight a perpetual struggle. MIL hasn't eaten more than one or two bites of food per day (sometimes nothing at all) for over 5 weeks now, and on her very best days I can just about coax her to drink one 300 calorie build-up drink. Most days she point-blank refuses all sustenance. Consequently she's now skin and bone, and keeping her comfortable and preventing pressure sores is my full-time, round-the-clock job at the moment. It's gruelling. Lots of medical staff are involved in trying to encourage her to eat, but her obstinacy has beaten them all!

On that happy note, I hope everyone has a good weekend! Don't beat yourselves up too badly if your hearty appetite causes you to eat a little more than you should today...I can think of worse things!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,167 Member
    cgsnumx6rx94.jpeg
    rnzgglimxrmy.jpeg
    stu9xlj9km66.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    At the airport in Seattle. Waved to PAV and BC from Victoria. Wished we could have met up - maybe next time?
    I’ll catch up with posts soon.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Well, my husband somehow is positive for covid (his first) whilst I am negative. He's wearing a mask and we're sleeping in seperate rooms for the next few days, lol
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,351 Member
    Aah @Bella_Figura tuff stuff there... (hugs)

@Yoolypr - beautiful

@nicsflyingcircus - hope you dodge it, and hubby well quickly.
  • Yoolypr
    gzse7aqox8p7.jpeg
    Note to PAV. Many happy adventures!
  • Yoolypr
    Bella - you have my full support and sympathy in caring for a dying person. I went through much of the same with my mom. Not much to be done but provide comfort and palliative care.

Nic- how has your husband avoided Covid all this time? I think I’ve had it at least 4 times even with five vaccines over time. The last bout four weeks ago was the worst. But it’s been nearly a year since the last booster. I need to get the new one and my flu shot. Unfortunately not yet available in my area.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,351 Member
    e4bfqn486gj4.jpg

Nods, it is so difficult when we can not stop illness or get well... but the precious time together is profound, and meaningful in ways words can never express.... and never regretted... i just wish we had magic wands...

x9bvofba8s4h.jpg

• nicsflyingcircus
    @Yoolypr I haven't had covid either, and I worked in a hospital throughout. I also tested negative last night. I had to wear a mask at work from March 2020 to end of March 2023 (after Joint Commission came). For two years of that I wore an N-95 or KN-95. I haven't worn a mask in public since like July of 2022 (was required on Canadian flights). No idea how I've dodged it. I am vaccinated and thrice boosted, with plans to get the new booster soon.