Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Share Your Day

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,168 Member
    Covid test almost negative this morning. Should be clear tomorrow. I’m still feeling drained and tired. Hoping to rest up the next few days.

How are the GG vacation plans going PAV? Don’t know how you both do this long distance thing. But I’m happy for you both that somehow it works.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Trying to sort through double bookings and improve wifi. Possibly check if strategic days could have in room laundry (homewood suites sort of thing). Need to book ferries too I guess. We decided to hit pei/Charlottetown for one day on way to Cape Breton. Screams of no plan anguish can be heard in the background. A bit worried with super generous connections I have to make (less than an hour). Checking to see when NEXT flight arrives 🤯🤯🤯 hoping for no weather issues....
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,589 Member
    My goodness PAV, I may end up in Halifax same time as you!! I am flying to New York City Friday (redeye flight) to board a cruise ship Saturday that goes up the east coast and the last stop is Halifax on I think the following Thursday.

Then back to NYC for 5 nights at a hotel near Times Square - 1st time in New York, super excited. Also we have 1 day in Boston on the cruise, never been there before either.

Yooly, I am booking excursions through the cruise ship lol. Love having it planned out for me, but don't if it is somewhere I know (like Hawaii).

I have driven to the Maritimes before, from Toronto, and was shocked to realize how long it would take to get to NFLD, so still have that province on my bucket list. Too bad the cruise doesn't make it that far. Loved PEI.
  • Yoolypr
    Funny - we will all be at different sides of Canada about the same time.

You’ll love the fall colors and Halifax, BClady! What will you do your five days in New York? Spent time there in my youth and have family living in Manhattan. But I don’t know if I’m up for the big city adventures anymore. Too busy, too loud - the city truly never sleeps.
  • PAV8888
    Oh my. Oh my! I'm in Halifax Sunday 15 and Friday 27. Part days morning 16, evening of 26 and morning of 28 I think you will be flying back to BC or will be in NYC before I get there! I think we both heard yooly is coming and we're running away to escape!!!!🤯🤯🤯

True story: we originally booked Laurie's motel in Cape Breton!!!! ... but found a nicer reviewed b&b and are heading there instead🤣 Different Laurie! But her name is being used in vain!🤯
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,754 Member
    Oh … I’m still working like mad - I wonder if I can make it to Halifax by the 28th?????
  • lauriekallis
    Glad you’re feeling better Yooly - There seems to be a pretty nasty virus going around out here… No one’s testing positive for Covid but it certainly seems like Covid
  • Yoolypr
    Two negative tests - I’m good to go to Alaska! I’ll have to take it slow and work in some naps.

I can’t believe you’re still working so hard Laurie! Isn’t it almost time for snow in Newfoundland? Or are you planning to continue work and winter out there?
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I think we both heard yooly is coming and we're running away to escape

I’m mightily offended Mr. PAV! 😢 I think a weeks long visit to BC / Vancouver might settle the score.

I should be back from Alaska just as you and BC are off to Halifax. I’ll send photos. Hope you do the same!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,355 Member
    Wow, Happy Ani to you both! What a lovely place and way to celebrate <3

iysoqafuq0r0.jpg
  • PAV8888
    wow wow wow! happy 50th anniversary you two! What an awesome milestone! Enjoy the cruise... and I've been promised pictures! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Went to the Chihuly Glassworks near the Space Needle in Seattle. Awesome glass sculptures! 2a8yp6m5nkg2.jpeg
    00i811zdf7q9.jpeg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    Way cooler days than me.

Today I got up, went to the gym to lift, then came home and spent 4 hours taking 2 Chem exams, and an anthropology exam and quiz. Soaked in the hot tub at 100°F for an hour and a half.
  • Adventurista
    Love Chihuly ~ gorgeous!

Ah Nic... back to school. Hot tub sounds divine.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    The hot tub would be more divine if it didn't give me a hardcore case of folliculitus. I look like I have chicken pox *sigh *

So tomorrow we get to drain the damn thing, scrub it, then replace all the water and shock it. Was not on my list of stuff to do tomorrow.
  • Adventurista
    Ooh, ouch!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Juneau - cool but sunny. Spotty WiFi though. Having good time.
  • PAV8888
    Don't talk to me about spotty WiFi... crappy-WiFi-phobia is turning what should be joyful planning into a nightmare of anticipation and potentiality!
  • lauriekallis
    I feel you both.
    Wifi and phone signal is pretty spotty where I’m at. It’s doing wonders to reduce my phone usage though. 😁