Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Share Your Day

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,168 Member
    Thank you both! Cakes and songs - what more could I want? 🩷
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,754 Member
    Happy birthday, Yooly!

Up in the middle of my night to paint some baseboards while the boy is asleep.

I ALWAYS fall asleep when reading to him at night - but tonight managed to drag myself out of bed to do some extra work 😁

Will definitely be back in Hamilton by October.

Coming Back to You all will take a bit of the sting out of leaving this little piece of paradise next month …
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Are you saying you're enjoying NF????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Yoolypr
    Bet Laurie moves to NF? What a great place for an artist! The inspirations are endless as is the peaceful quiet.

My houseguests left a gift…. She called yesterday to let me know she’s come down with a cold. This morning I’m congested and blowing my nose. Hope I can get over this quickly. I have a week to pamper myself before we leave for Alaska.
  • Yoolypr
    The cold has progressed over the day. Mild fever, congestion, nose blowing, headache and muscle ache. The whole nine yards! Ugh! I’m isolating hoping hubby doesn’t get this.

The only up side is I’m not hungry 🤤. Had low fat ice cream for dinner.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,355 Member
    Oh no... ugh... heal fast!
  • PAV8888
    Uh-oh. CRAP.

err.... do you guys still have "free" tests for "rhymes with a Roman poet"?

Publius Ovidius Naso, commonly known as Ovid, was a prominent Roman poet born on March 20, 43 BCE, in Sulmo, near Rome. Just thinking out loud and all that :disappointed:

I hope it is just utterly mild & minimalist sniffles!

fingers crossed and recovery wishes sent.
  • PAV8888
    Yo, Yooly... you ok?
  • Yoolypr
    Ok is kind of relative. Friend failed her Covid test. Son and I both sick. It’s fairly mild but still…… at least I have no fever today.
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 31
    I had a positive Covid test too.

Son thought he might be sick but is fine today. No symptoms.

Hopefully I’ll continue to feel better. Took a shower and did two loads of laundry so things are lookin up. I need to be okay to travel next week!
  • PAV8888
    c r a p

Hopefully your little defenders will rally the troops and get to it pronto so that you will be in shape to travel.

A little worried for my fellow bargain hunter who I hope will manage to successfully hide 🤯

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    I roasted myself for 7 hours in the sun yesterday, so I cut that back today, lol. Spent 10-12:15 on the beach, then did schoolwork til 2:45 and have been back down on the beach since 3 (it's 4:50 now). Probably wrap up here in a little bit. Will grab a shower before the husband and I walk to dinner (which we did last night as well). We're also going to walk to mini golf.
  • PAV8888
    Sunburn also increases water weight.... watch it young lady! We don't want you (too) sun-burned!!!!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,355 Member
    @Yoolypr :( get well soon!

US will be distributing more free tests late Sept, i think, thru covidtest.gov

Beach, busy days, my fav daydreams when we can't go. Hard to believe Sept starts tomorrow...

• nicsflyingcircus
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sunburn also increases water weight.... watch it young lady! We don't want you (too) sun-burned!!!!

Believe me, I know. I burnt my upper eyelids and they're puffy (but not that red, wth)
  • PAV8888
    edited September 1
    UGH! NIC! STOP BREAKING YOU!!! :blush:

"secret" greek recipe for sunburn....... YOGURT... yup yup. You know how people have the weird green mask in spa pictures? Same thing with YOGURT! Only did once in my teens... but it worked like a charm! Well. That and aloe vera!

.... now....

what does the nursing profession suggest instead????? :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    I used cool washcloths and wore sunglasses yesterday. They're back to normal today.
  • Yoolypr
    Feeling almost human today. No fever finally and no headache. Doc says I’ll be good to go on my trip by Saturday. I will mask up even with a clear test. I’m still pissed off that our houseguest knew she wasn’t feeling well and exposed me to Covid. I doubt she knew - thought it was allergies 🤧. I just didn’t need the drama of doctor visits and possibly having to cancel our trip.

Hubby tested negative while son tested positive. Neither has symptoms. Since I just had Covid I won’t need to be in a rush to get the still unavailable new vaccine.
  • PAV8888
    Glad you seem to have glided easily. How is son feeling?
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Glad you seem to have glided easily. How is son feeling?

Son has no symptoms and feels fine. Go figure?