Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Share Your Day

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    They do go out of their way to get you! 😎 I used to have generic Costco sample entries, sort of like buffet!!! 🤣
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,168 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    They do go out of their way to get you! 😎 I used to have generic Costco sample entries, sort of like buffet!!! 🤣

That doesn’t excuse my taking the samples and shoving them in my mouth! I had some calorie juggling to do when I got home.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    Today was a busy adulting day. I got off work at 8:30 am, had a mammogram at 8:50, grabbed an iced decaf coffee, had the permanent crown out in at 10,got home just in time to watch the women's all-around gymnastics. Fell asleep in the sofa after that, off and on til 4:30. Made myself get up and go to the gym. I don't like the gym at 5. Too busy. Got it done though, then hit the grocery store and finally home about 7pm. Eating Rotisserie chicken breast with no sides like a savage for dinner while watching handball lol
  • PAV8888
    If you start throwing drumsticks at your television then I would be concerned;

As to Yooly... 💩 happens and 🥓🍕🍨🥖🍗🧀🌭🥗🍜🍣🍱 buffet happen too (sometimes 💩 and sometimes good!)

Oh well! You're a 🦆 duck 🦆 and this is 💦 water 🌊... and you'll adjust!

Just don't get too greedy with trying to do large deficits before vacation just so that you'll hit it ready to go ballistic after starving for a month handle with care!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,355 Member
    Lol, i know those snacks. We go tomorrow... list is long. Double mixed nuts on snackage list.
  • Yoolypr
    The dog days of summer! It’s actually been almost bearable in June and July. Some good rains, days only mid 90s. BUT the weather dude sez it’s over for the foreseeable future….
    ztyhjdtj81na.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Yowsers!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 7
    Gulp. You and Greek girl have to watch it lest you end with broiled brains given the temperatures you're both air frying in...
  • PAV8888
    edited August 7
    It's looking that it's the Maritimes.

4 hours of time change for the one and six for the other

Now how to swing unknown area with no time to plan, esp if we actually want to make it there which means a whole bunch of other non trip related things have to finish first but things also have to be start getting booked and paid ASAP too 🤯🤯🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Just watch out for the non-refundable or big cancellation penalties when booking accommodations.
    The smaller more remote areas tend to be the most punitive because there’s less chance of getting another last minute booking.
    I’ll be interested in hearing about where you go and your experience in the maritimes. I might have to revisit there?
  • Yoolypr
    Anxiety - preparing for guests. Clean the house, laundry, groceries (what to make for breakfast and dinner for guests?), what to DO with them while they’re here….
    I think I’m getting too old for week long guests!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Moved my youngest into her 450sq ft 3rd floor walk up unfurnished apartment yesterday. Up at 5, on the road by 5:30. Starting at 9:30, a hard 2hr clean of the place (college apartments), then the movers we hired emptied our uhaul trailer into the living room. By 12:30 we started assembling stuff. At 2ish took a lunch break, walked over to a local place and sat down. By 3:30 we were back in the grind. By 7pm all the big stuff was done, wifi was set up and everyone was exhausted, lol. My husband and I and our 20yo daughter who helped out, took the 3.5 hr drive home with a gas station stop for snacks.

I still have to unpack all the empty bins and *kitten* from the back of ny vehicle, but it was a highly successful day.
  • Adventurista
    Whew!
  • PAV8888
    I went whew myself just reading!!!!🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Taking antibiotics for a silent UTI - the curse of old ladies. Nothing awful but a nuisance just the same. Good thing I recognized the symptoms early.
  • Adventurista
    Nods, Ooh, ouch... glad caught early!
  • Yoolypr
    Feeling better. Nothing like an antibiotic bomb!

Spent the day scrubbing and washing to get ready for our guests this weekend. Grocery lists and possible entertainments. Outdoor activities are out because it’s going to be ungodly HOT 🥵. Guests are much younger than us and will have a rental car so I’m hoping they will go off and find their own amusement sometimes.

I’m also trying to prepare for our upcoming (in two weeks!) Alaska trip. I’m making lists. Why is it that just when the ship leaves port you remember you forgot to pack that essential item? There will be no quick trips to Walmart on this vacation! Hopefully this won’t be a repeat of the time I forgot to pack underwear!
  • Adventurista
    :D i hear that! too exciting!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Last check in with the dietician until my 1 year follow-up in November. I got another inbody scan (grain of salt) but my trends are good. 198.1lbs (only 0.1 higher than my at home scale this morning), down to 30.8% BF and maintaining my muscle mass. She told me to just keep doing what I am doing food and water wise, and keep up the good work.
  • Yoolypr
    So happy for you Nic! So many wonderful years ahead to enjoy without the extra weight.