Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Even worse🤯😤. Flight turned back after one hour to Honolulu. In ginormous line of angry tired hostile folk trying to figure out what to do.

Aiiiiiiiii Chihuahua! What are you doing? Did you guys get a hotel room? At least you don't have to show up at the office on Monday morning!!!!!🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Son told his supervisor he wouldn’t be in. He does most work from home anyway.

We were told Alaska Airlines would reimburse because they had no rooms with their hotel partners! Mercifully the hotel we stayed in had a family room to accommodate hubby me and son. Basically two adjoining rooms with two baths. Got here at 4 am. Alaska claims it will pay for rooms meals and transportation. No details about how much they’re willing to pay. So it’s a crap shoot on what we get back. Room is costing $750!

We paid extra so we don’t have to check out until 7pm. New flight leaves near midnight to Seattle. Layover then connect to Austin. Better than original rebooking which got us home Tuesday night!

Plan on sleeping today!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yikes!!!!😳
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Still couldn't Google the return but now will try knowing Alaska.

Holy 💩 me the prices of hotels.

Cruises are temporarily looking like much better deals than hotel plus food. Talking generally not specifically for Hawaii. Possibly they may be filling up at a slower pace?

Why don't you ditch the son in Seattle, add a 48h stopover and take the train or rent a car and come pick up some ketchup lay's? 🤷‍♂️

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Well the hotel is nice and we’ve showered and rested some. Should be ready for another go tonight. Be home 6-7 pm tomorrow if all goes as planned.

The cruise itself was wonderful. It’s the airline thing. After 3 hours in line -at four a.m. - the Alaska rep just basically said good luck finding your own room and transportation because we have nothing else. No info on how much can be reimbursed or credit ceiling. Luckily we have a good credit line. And hubby will pursue reimbursement with a vengeance!! We have time and patience.

Felt sorry for the younger folks with babies who couldn’t afford hotels or even meals. Some were settling in for a long day/night at the airport.

Can’t leave son behind. Who will care for us in our golden years or select our nursing home? But I would love to visit Vancouver again 😍
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Arrived in Seattle where it’s 50s and FALL 🍂🍁!
    Quite a change from palm trees 🌴 and tropical breezes 8 hours ago! And after another four hour flight it will be blazing 🥵 summer again in Austin.

The world is a remarkable place!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a whirlwind, Yooly!
    I'm astounded at the price for hotels. Somehow Covid seems to have tripled hotel costs?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Literally 3x from where I am sitting.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That is what I though too. Tripled. Crazy.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This wicked little round of Covid is finally letting loose its grip. Felt like I was recovering today - not full on sick still. Woohoo!!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Home......
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Must feel so good after that crazy return trip!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    This wicked little round of Covid is finally letting loose its grip. Felt like I was recovering today - not full on sick still. Woohoo!!!!!
    Finally! Well done! :smiley:
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Home......
    Yeah! Now that was an adventure! Hope you recover... soon. Jet lag and the whole 9 yards!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Doing miles of laundry this morning. Hubby out grocery shopping and dentist appointment. Old people are pretty tough! Might need an afternoon nap to deal with jet lag…..
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I hope to get to grow up.... and, if I need to, be tough like Yooly! 😍🥰😘
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope you’re recovering from the covid Laurie! Any progress in feeling better?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Ssslowly getting better. Still a bit breathless - but my head is much clearer - as in I can think a bit again (that has always been a bit questionable though :) )
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Laurie - I’m sure your thought processes are just fine!
    Get well and back to your happy self. You need a good mental state to get through the next few weeks.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Working on it , Yooly. There has been so many delays and hiccoughs in this whole process that it all feels a little bit surreal and it’s hard to even wrap my head around the fact that this is actually going to happen now. (I write it but I don’t believe it).
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t rush the healing process. Know you’ll need time to mourn the changes in your body. People often expect one to recover equilibrium quickly but it takes time for your head and body to synchronize again.
    You can and will get through it but only on your own schedule .... Don’t go the “I’m fine really” route to appease others. For a while it won’t be fine. And then with time it will be okay again.