Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,990 Member
    Options
    I should be comforting you! How are you doing?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I am doing so freaking well!!! 😁
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Where is our PAV???? Hopefully having some kind of good fun 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Probably romancing the pants off his lovely Greek girl?
    Where is our PAV???? Hopefully having some kind of good fun 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Yoolypr
    edited October 2023
    Options
    zsrp4dd53r71.jpeg
    Happy Canadian thanksgiving eh!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Did I miss his departure date!!!! or her arrival date????
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Did I miss his departure date!!!! or her arrival date????

Nope. Just making an assumption.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I love your assumption. Hope that is where he is at.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Back home! Other than tired, I’m feeling okay even after the tumble I took on Thursday in my sister’s garage. I forgot she has TWO steps- not one like I have. Just a couple of achy spots and no worse for the wear.

This was the sixth airline trip since mid May. I am sooooo done with running through airports, snippy customer help, TSA, bad food, jet lag and just generally being worn out.

Hope Laurie is healing up well and getting positive reports from the docs. Hope PAV is out there being his happy self.

And I do miss hearing from Dante and those glorious food photos from Greece.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    And how are Athijade, Alexandra and Scout doing? 🤔
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Got back from my cruise yesterday. I had the most amazing time. I didn’t worry about food or drinks just focused on my mental health. It was much needed. Had a blow out on the interstate and had to change the tire. It was so scary but got it done and I am home. Scale was not super great this morning. I’m also not feeling great. Likely from all the stress and no sleep. Getting back to the grind tomorrow. Blah.

So sorry for your loss Yooly. What a terrible thing to go through. Hope you feel better after your fall!

So glad Laurie finally got in for her surgery. I know it probably sucks right now but it will be so much better after everything is healed up.

Off to bed. I have lots of cruise weight to get rid of! (So totally worth it)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Scout - where did you go on your cruise? It’s hard to recover from a cruise! So much going on and the availability of food is insane. It’s an escape from “real” life.

I don’t think getting back to reality is as much a grind as acceptance that you can be in control.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Such words of wisdom, Yooly.

I so hate the yoke of responsibility of being in control 😂 so much easier to deny that possibility!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Scout!

I am feeling pretty fine! I really hope this turns out to be the end of this breast cancer journey because I’m feeling all fired up to begin life again and to get healthy and strong and past 2023.

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Yooly I went to Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel.

It was a great break not to have to thing about what to eat or how much to eat. The food was awesome and plentiful. Everywhere I turned there was something I could eat. I took the whole week off to not worry about calories or weight.

Back at it today. I drug my behind to the gym. I finished my water aerobics class and now waiting for my Dance Fitness to start. The scale has started to move back down slightly. I’m sure the water weight is starting to decrease. Either way I regret nothing!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’ve never done the Cozumel cruise. All cruises are fun! You’re in a bubble - like in Las Vegas- a fantasy world where it’s fun, food and entertainment.
    And then sadly - reality comes back ....

Between the airline altitude swelling, salty food/ drinks, there’s a lot of water to move along. It takes a while. Patience 😇
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    We are closeish to Galveston and Mobile so all the cruises we have been on go to Cozumel. It’s a nice port. Lots of shopping. We did an all inclusive resort this time. Lots of food and drinks again!

Next year my son and I are looking at going on one of the new ships. He wants to go to some different places. He’s into high adventure so he want to do things that are out of my comfort zone. In a year I’ll be in much better shape so maybe it will be a bit easier.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Bet your son would love going to Alaska. It’s not cheap getting there though. The wildlife, glaciers, and natural scenery are spectacular.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    yoolie headers are NOT ACCEPTABLE. Laurie I hope you're heeling as well as you make it sound! The rest of you GOOD SHOW!

5am breakfast was on my way to meet someone in Montreal :wink: Took the red-eye because I wanted to arrive before her AND have a good chance of snagging a category bump up using e-upgrades (a "freebie" from frequent flyer status). Both were accomplished through a mix of luck and planning. AND... we're there currently!

Got to get to bed because in just a bit over 5 hours we're up as we have an early morning departure from montreal for a one day bus and boat tour to quebec city.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    So, I'm on my 6th week since coming back to night shift, and my 8th week of back to college, just 2 online classes (I have an associates degree in nursing, going for my bachelor's). Loving being back on nights, I installed new blinds this weekend in my bedroom (blackout cellular shades, and boy do they work) since the old 2inch slat ones were damaged and one of them could no longer go up and down. This also lead to washing the windows and cleaning out the bases, plus washing the curtains, and drying them, which ruined the lining on two of them :s, necessitating new curtains, which arrived today and won't be put up for a bit, because I work tomorrow and Wednesday nights as well, then we're off to the beach Thursday (car sleeping, yay).

May put them up Sunday, depending what time we get back.

Oh, also I am having a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on November 13th.