Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hey Mr. PAV, we’re planning to be in Seattle April 16-20, 2024. Courtesy credits from Alaska Airlines due to the aborted flight we had in Honolulu. That’s as close to Vancouver as I can get. Although we’re considering taking the ferry day trip to Victoria.

Perhaps there’s a meetup opportunity here?
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Crabbyconnie123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No idea!…I hope she is still part of this group!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I spent two days in a sort of funk. I lain on the couch under many many blankets and ate things that I knew were not on my "prescribed" food list. Lots of pasta and bread. I didn't do much moving. I got up this morning and said no more. Two days is enough. So I got up and went to the gym. I did my full class and half of another class (I had an early patient scheduled so I couldn't finish it). I have seen 4 patients and I have 2 more left. I have stayed on my food plan and am tracking my calories for today. Fall down 7 times get up 8!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    Wow you plan EARLY!!!!! Seriously early! Only 5 days? Have you looked at the Cascades train from Sea to Van and back? Are you thinking of going to the gardens in Victoria? Or whale watching? I think that I should be able to escape and come and hook up with you in Victoria if you do make the day trip! Surprisingly it looks as if it will take me more time to get there than it will take you!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yup - early planning. There’s me, hubby and son making the trip. So three airline seats, two hotel rooms. And working around son’s work schedule.

Definitely we’d only do a day trip rather than mess with hotels in two cities, luggage, transport..... especially with only five days. I wouldn’t mind Amtrak if we could take a morning train out and return that evening. But, we’ve had terrible experiences with Amtrak with late/ delayed by hours trains. So probably the ferry thing to Victoria is a possibility.

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Scout - I can relate to your “funk” or perhaps just tiredness. Sometimes exhaustion leads to lack of control. But you’ve had your rest and managed to get back. WIN!!!!!
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Options
    I know about that “ funk”, too…like for the past year…I have been back to the jammies on most of the day, eating whatever is in sight, barely moving off of the sofa, naps, blah blah blah….I have been in a fog of denial too long…it is time for me to be back in control of myself!…my body can not do this much longer….my replaced knees are killing me…everything hurts and I have no passion in my current situation for anything…I used to love solo road trips and cruises with my husband….now all I can think of is trying to move around without hurting…true, I have had a rough couple of years but no excuse for just giving up…at my worst I still have it better than so many but that doesn’t make my problems any less…but I am here and I am taking it one day at a time!
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Options
    Almost forgot!…I saw a podiatrist today and my feet and toes are a mess!…I have a fungus under 4 nails so the doctor literally cut the nails so short that they were bleeding…my heels are hurting, too….he prescribed an ointment, a cream, and an oral medicine to help repair the damage…I thought they hurt before he “ fixed “ them!….omg tonight my feet and toes are throbbing!…tomorrow I am getting new sneakers, slippers, slides and socks…oh boy!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You COULD do the AMTRAK Cascades 516 at 7:50 am (SEA) arriving 11:50am (VAN) and return with the Amtrak Cascades 519 leaving at 5:45 pm and arriving 10:10 pm.

Whether that's worthwhile for a lunch and stroll and some ketchup chips... I am not sure but the ride ought to be scenic, right? It would be a pretty long day. The train does head back on a regular basis as it has often blocked my dog walking... but perhaps a little bit later than advertised?:

Seattle to Victoria I can't seem to be able to "book" that far ahead. Prices look about the same once you double up on the Amtrak for the return. I've heard that the slalom through the various islands is quite nice. I admit that it would take me a few extra hours to get to Victoria and car would also be an issue.

Amtrak I can't seem to actually book a return trip but the individual trips on either direction for the same day do seem to exist and there is sufficient time to get in town and return <I don't know why I can't book as a return!>

The ferry, I think, offers some combo excursions to the gardens in Victoria (definitely worth it given your Texas landscape, though it may be a bit early in the year? https://www.butchartgardens.com/whats-in-bloom-now-april-garden-update/)--but the gardens do involve walking around a bit. They also seem to have whale watching trips (which I haven't done) though again I hear LATE April to early October as the "best times", with the peak being July to September.

Fares look similar both at the low and high ends once you add up both directions... :neutral:

There is also an interesting option if you're renting a car or otherwise find a way to get to port angeles WA as there is a ferry from there to victoria. but again there you would be limited by timing if you're doing it in one day.

I would commit to trying(!) to hook up... and would even try to find a bag of chips or two to bring (I know which ones you like) :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well there’s plenty of time to figure it out. April is still far off and there’s weather to consider too.
    But I think we’ll try Victoria. Last time we were on a cruise from Vancouver our trip to Victoria got cancelled due to higher tides and a low bridge.
    Can you take ketchup chips through TSA?
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Connie you were such an inspiration last time I was part of this group. I know you can get back on it. You have the tools and know what needs to be done. I watched you overcome your binging and struggle with your willpower. You’ve got this. Time to get out of the funk that life has thrown you in. For your family but more importantly for yourself. You have made the hardest first steps! Continue on this path and you will succeed.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    For those who know or suspect what I may have been up to recently... pictures are up for 7 days... https://icedrive.net/s/8G2Yv49BxA8D2kDvwRQzWa3Dj6Xj
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I don't think it is a TSA issue. It is a US Customs and Border patrol issues and I believe potatoes up to 50lbs are allowed :wink: But you should check...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    For those who know or suspect what I may have been up to recently... pictures are up for 7 days... https://icedrive.net/s/8G2Yv49BxA8D2kDvwRQzWa3Dj6Xj

The scenery in Montreal is amazing. The looks on your faces when you’re together- beyond joy!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    There were a lot of interesting (and majestic when it comes down to the Basilica) places and the older architecture is certainly different for any of us who live in areas where it's absent.

Both CCCGG and I, independently, agreed that Vancouver is nicer scenery wise. But old Quebec city with the fortification walls and chateaux Frontenac (which incidentally was always a hotel and never a castle) was certainly something to see and we made an effort to pick a non rainy day!

I think there will be at least one more future visit there! 😎

Yooly is penciled in. Now can you imagine if cccgg is here too during that time????😎
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    No competition there PAV. Your woman comes first and her time shouldn’t be shared with anyone but you.
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Options
    Connie you were such an inspiration last time I was part of this group. I know you can get back on it. You have the tools and know what needs to be done. I watched you overcome your binging and struggle with your willpower. You’ve got this. Time to get out of the funk that life has thrown you in. For your family but more importantly for yourself. You have made the hardest first steps! Continue on this path and you will succeed.

Thank you!…I needed some encouragement!…I didn’t sleep good at all last night and finally got up and had a couple of nutri grain breakfast bars…I think I have carb withdrawal lol…went back to bed only to be woken up by the new puppy who had to make a trip outside at 4 this morning…went back to sleep until 530 when we HAD to go out again…only coffee for breakfast because of the bars in the night!…got my grandson up and he went with me to buy shoes ( I got two pair ) also went to Walmart, Publix, and drugstore…came home and took grandaughter to get her some lunch…came home to find the door installer we had a couple of months finishing up trim on front door…I still hadn’t eaten and it was 3:00 so I gobbled a container of yogurt…I know better than to skip meals but I was so busy and then tired, I didn’t care if I ate or not!…daughter called on her way home from work and asked if we wanted pizza for dinner…I counted up calories and I had over 1000 calories left for the day!…I was too tired to cook so I enjoyed the pizza and didn’t go crazy eating it…and now I am full, showere, in my p.j.s , and ready to watch Survivor….what a day….( that was more activity than I had done in weeks )…
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You’ve got a WHOLE lot going on Connie! Do try to find time to center yourself and maybe have quiet time? It’s hard to make good decisions while frazzled 😵‍💫
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    No idea!…I hope she is still part of this group!

Yes!!!! That was me greeting you and saying how happy I am that you came back!!!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    PAV and CCCGGI are just so beautiful!

Those pictures brought tears to my eyes and I’m not joking.

I’m doing OK… had a busy few days - the first ones since surgery with no afternoon nap! I made up for it today with a nice long two pup nap.

Friday I hopefully get pathology results and hopefully this is it and I get to get back to life

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

For sure this year has changed my perspective on my body. I would like to be lighter for what that means regarding activity. But I am done hating myself. This is a beautiful body and I absolutely adore it ❤️ anything I do to change it from here on in will be done out of love not out of disgust or dislike.