Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I guess will ask even though it is probably not on the "approved" list of things to do. But, yeah, I admit to being a tiny bit concerned. So do they not have a particular treatment protocol with suggestions as to the best outcome percentages given each eventuality, thus providing guidance as to how to proceed? Are the statistical projections re the best medical outcome close enough where personal treatment preferences even come into play?

I think? But so far it all seems like they are shooting at a moving target???? I'll learn more in a few weeks when I see medical oncologist - so far have only seen surgical oncologist. Anything you do is on the approved list of things to do, PAV :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Oh Scout - what we won’t do for our children! Someday in the far distant future, he’ll remember and fully appreciate what you did.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    Woke up nice and chili... and it wasn't the red chilies!

Scramble scramble scramble... not the thermostat... furnace making humming noise.... oh... goodie.... just the pilot light!

And before anyone says why did you not check THAT first, It is a really old negative 99% efficiency furnace from back when Yooly was a teen (fully rebuilt since then... including since I moved into the house and I was shocked that I could still find (generic) parts that fit!) but the pilot light position is, at an absolute minimum, "awkward" to reach.

But all is good now!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Stay warm PAV! Looks like high temperatures here in Austin will be the same as Vancouver for the next few days. Going to actually wear sweaters and coats. But by the end of the week back to mid 70s.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm loving this cool weather (that came back after a mini heat wave)! Rainy here off and on but that is okay.

Glad you got your furnace operating, PAV! I'm lucky. No furnace - just a gas fireplace in the living room (and heated floor in the bathroom at the far end of the house). Easier to deal with. But one time when the pilot went out, and I couldn't get it lit because I could smell gas and nothing was happening when I was flicking my BIC....I spent almost two hundred dollars on an emergency service call :(

Scout - hope you are warm and dry and earning points to the stars

Enjoy those nice fitting clothes, Yooly.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh yes....s c o u t is out with her star blankies!!!! :smiley:
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We are home and boy was it a wet cold weekend out with my scouts. My son had an amazing time and met some new friends. It was awesome to see him laughing and playing. I am so glad to be home but I am still freezing. Going to be a while. That cold wet will get in your bones! I’m not planning on doing anything but laundry for the rest of the day.

Twisted my ankle on a midnight hike through the rain so I’m hurting a little. Going to skip the gym tomorrow and rest it. Sucks that I don’t get the extra calories but I know I should stay off and let it heal or it will be worse.

Got home and the hubby wanted to talk about our annual ski trip. I HATE the cold and was in no mood to discuss snow! Lol

So glad you got your furnace working PAV. Nothing worse than being cold and not able to fix it.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Cold and I and food (especially when the "I" is tired) don't get along SAFELY together! Rest that ankle! I admit to cutting my little dusk walk a bit short because I wasn't "feeling" it. Hopefully my "little" tub of plain 0% greek with 238g ambrosia apple and 2g cinnamon plus 5 drops of liquid sucralose dessert / late lunch / early dinner will restore my mood! :wink:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where I got my energy this past weekend, but would love for it to happen more often!

Saturday my neighborhood did a Halloween walk with a bunch of businesses giving away stuff. So I did that. I was out and about walking for about 2 hours. Not sure how many miles it was, but dang. I stopped a few times to check out businesses, but otherwise it was just walking.

Then Sunday I decided I want to rearrange my apartment so I was moving furniture most of the morning and early afternoon. That plus taking down trash and recycling had me sweating! Once I finished that, I started on dinner which was a lot of work too (roasted chicken, cornbread dressing, and glazed carrots).

• scoutmom1981
    Options
    Wow @Athijade you were rocking it out! Hope that energy lasts!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wish you could bottle that energy Athijade! And pass it around….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    "jade in a bottle" :smiley: Sounds good!
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    I have decided I’m over this cold weather. It can go!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    🤣 I feel you Scout!!! I can't remember whereabouts you live? The cold weather is hitting my area in southern Ontario, too. At least today is supposed to be sunny 🤞🏻
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hey - we almost got a frost this morning in Central Texas! 😳 💨 And windy! But 50s mid day and 80s by the weekend.
    The funniest part is watching the natives deal with cold. Ski masks with shorts? Puffer coats and sandals?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The same odd outfits here, Yooly. Can definitely see my breath this morning and the postman is wearing a heavyish jacket and shorts.
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    I'm in Northwest Arkansas so no where near as cold as Canada!! It dropped drastically over the weekend while we were camping and it was pouring rain so I was cold and wet for 72 hours. I still haven't recovered. It is continuing to drop. This morning there was enough frost on the windshield of the car I had to get the scrapper out. I really hate this time of year. All I want to do it eat to stay warm. Not conducive to weight loss at all!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I had no idea frost was a regular (ish) thing in any part of Arkansas!

I understand that urge to eat. Survival instinct! A good layer of fat will stop us from freezing if the heating shuts down :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ugh short cold days 😡
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ugh short cold days 😡

Big fan of short cold days here! 👍 After the summer we had it’s wonderful. Besides winter this far south only lasts a few weeks and is over mid February.