Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    I'm not keen on the short days either. Dark at 5? How do I take an evening walk????? My housemate was very handy to have around. Tall and somewhat menacing in the dark :) so we could go walk at the Bayfront park late r at night and not be worried. Not doing that myself!!!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    We had snow on and off yesterday which isn't super abnormal for Chicago, but still. It is also starting to get dark earlier and earlier. I do find I struggle this time of the year due to the cold and dark. It's harder to get out for walks, I feel so tired, and I just want to eat.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Okay - I think we should start a petition. Sunrise must arrive at 7 am latest and Sunset at 8 pm earliest so we can have evening walks and not feel like it is time for hibernating!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Today, finally, is one of those days when I don't feel I feel time pressure because there are so many obligations. Woohoo!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Laurie. I am in the northwest corner or Arkansas. 20 minutes from Missouri, 30 minutes from Oklahoma. I’m in the Ozark mountains so we get frost. Even snow at times. Last year we had a huge storm. Dropped 2 feet or snow. Thought I was going to die! I can’t imagine those people who live in the really cold places.

My husband and son ski so we go to Wisconsin every year after Christmas. I am miserable that whole time!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The only friend I have from Arkansas always speaks about missing the heat - and how cold he is her. You've just expanded my awareness of Arkansas immensely!
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    I grew up in southern Arkansas and it was HOT. Like year round hot. We have a huge variety of temps. Makes it a hard place. My husband says we have the worse of all the seasons. Summer is in the 100, winter is below freezing, spring is soaking wet, fall is non existent. His thought is if it is going to be miserable and cold then at least let there be enough snow to ski. I'm all for keeping it warm year round!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    I sign the petition
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Today was errands. And house chores preparing for holidays because once the decorations are up cleaning gets difficult. So I like to start out with a clean house hoping to ride out the holidays without needing too much scrubbing.
    The next weeks will be filled with Christmas trees, wrapping gifts, baking cookies, and gatherings….. hopefully not too much crazy eating.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You're terrifying me, Yooly. I feel 1,000,000 miles away from being anywhere near prepared for Christmas or even preparing for Christmas! 😳
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You're terrifying me, Yooly. I feel 1,000,000 miles away from being anywhere near prepared for Christmas or even preparing for Christmas! 😳

Well I’ve had 76 years of practice 😌. I have learned that preparation early makes for a more pleasant experience for me. I want to savor the holidays and be fully present rather than stress about what isn’t done - or perfect.
    And for me stress leads to bad eating!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I don't disagree with that but you're still terrifying me 🤣
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    s c a r y !

(good)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Gym this morning. Then some curtain and window washing. I’m pooped! 🪣🧽

It was 86 degrees today. Summer just keeps coming back! I’m ready for some semblance of FALL. There’s hope for later this week 🤞.
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    It has been one heck of a week over here. Temp changes from highs in the 80 on Monday and Tuesday to a high in the low 50 yesterday and today. Grrrrr. I have been doing a ton of stuff everyday and I am TIRED! I left the house yesterday at 8 and didn't get home until almost 10 pm. Today is an easier day full of paperwork but I am back at it tomorrow. My troop is hosting a Merit Badge Summit for the district. I am the person that checks people in so I have to be there super early and spend all day helping out. I don't mind it but I am ready for some relaxation!

I haven't been posting but I have been reading. I have been entertained by ChipItGate in the food thread! lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    :D
  • Yoolypr
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I can sympathize with your weather Scout! We had three days over 85 and today barely got to mid 50s. And rain too ⛈️.
    I remember those busy pre-retirement days of work, doing for others and very little (none!) of ME time. Hang in there. It seems like forever now but it goes by so quickly.

Hey - where’s our man PAV? And any doctor news from Laurie?
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    You and I are close to the same weather pattern. I’m not far from TX.

We have a movie day planned for Sunday. I’m not doing anything!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    And where’s our Connie? How’s Nic doing after surgery? Did Athijade get to enjoy her Asian meals? And and and - everyone else out there! 👋
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Movie day sounds perfect - no matter the weather!

I'm still in a bit of limbo on the medical front. Did get my drain out Wednesday this week - and that was tougher than expected. It had been in too long I think - it did not want to leave. An second experienced - somewhat fierce nurse at the clinic finally came in to help the nurse who had just about given up on getting it out. She told me to breathe like I was having a baby and she pulled that sucker out. Otherwise, the first nurse was sending me to the ER to get it removed :(

Saw my oncologist on Wednesday too. She is not certain on the next steps. The post mastectomy pathology showed 11 tumours of Estrogen / HER2 positive invasive cancer. But they were very small tumours. The estrogen blocking treatment is off the table - because I'm 60, post menopausal, that type of cancer is slow growing, and the treatment is hard on your joints. To me the benefits don't seem worth the risk, she agrees.

But the HER2 is aggressive and fast growing, normally treated with Chemo - but the tumours are small - so are the benefits worth the risks???? She is uncertain so she sent my case to a local tumour board. Hopefully I will hear a "definitive" answer this coming week. If it is still uncertain apparently they can send info to an international Harvard group to make final recommendations??????

All the numbers seems really small - I'm not certain I want to go through chemo if the difference is pretty insignificant????

My chest is healing - but after the initial "this is much easier than I thought" - it is more problematic than I thought :) Scar tissue feels like a ridiculously tight ratchet strap around my tissue - I need massage - but had to have the drain removed first and to have that opening heal up. Soon. Soon. Oh to be the other side of all of this.

Me and the pup are walking, eating, cuddling in bed watching House these days. :)