Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    Hey Yooly... I am available for adoption and would happily donate my floor filing system for a makeover! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hey Yooly... I am available for adoption and would happily donate my floor filing system for a makeover! :wink:

But then will you complain bitterly that you can’t find anything- because it’s now in a neat alphabetized file? Think of the hours saved 🤔not having to endlessly search through piles of important/semi-important/junk/ trash!

Hubby insists I moved/ cleaned his “stuff” whenever I try to at least straighten up the paper piles. Thank goodness 🙏I have him trained to keep his mess in one room only. Otherwise the house is very neat.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Yes... but what about when it is in the wrong alphabetical position... like that OTHER A? ?!?!?! :blush:
    Still.... I AM available for adoption :wink:
    Of course I say that in the certainty that hubby who hunts good bargains would NOT let you get away easily! :sunglasses:
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Pick your alphabet. No problem there. Complete with electronic spreadsheets and location cross reference info. Emails and photos in neat folders.

There are days hubby would happily give me away. Not many days. I think after nearly 50 years he’s tuned me out about getting organized. Only fair since I tune him out at times - especially when he can’t find something he just put down minutes ago.

I’d be honored to adopt you. But there will be rules - lots of rules. Funny thing though son (your future brother) is very organized and keeps a very neat house. Go figure?
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Crabbyconnie123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wish it would cool off here…the rest of my day was ok nothing especially dramatic!….yes, I was traumatized by the nose surgery…I kept asking to see what he was doing and the nurse asked if I really wanted to see it!…I had a hole the size of the top of my little finger….he got all the cancer the second cutting…the stitches made it look worse but there isn’t a lot of scarring….I can see it but everyone else thinks it is ok….the side of my nose is a little numb…
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I kept asking to see what he was doing and the nurse asked if I really wanted to see it!…I had a hole the size of the top of my little finger….

dyggetwxbntk.jpeg

Can’t imagine watching! I’ll take all the anesthetic possible and close my eyes.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Pick your alphabet. No problem there. Complete with electronic spreadsheets and location cross reference info. Emails and photos in neat folders.
    😍🤓
    🥰

There are days hubby would happily give me away. 😲😳 🙀Not many days.😅I think after nearly 50 years😍😎 he’s tuned me out about getting organized.😵‍💫😴 Only fair since I tune him out at times😵‍💫 - especially when he can’t find something he just put down minutes ago.🙀

I’d be honored to adopt you.😍😎 But there will be rules - lots of rules.🥺😵‍💫🙀 Funny thing though son (your future brother🥰) is very organized and keeps a very neat house😳😲🙀. Go figure?😇🤣
    [/quote]

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    So the sinus infection seems to have come roaring back. I will be starting a new round of antibiotics today.

Oh, and they will be doing work on our pipes so I will be dealing with on and off water disruptions for the next week (minus the weekend). Trying to make a plan for that. Going to fill the tub with water, check the cat's water bowls, and fill up an extra water pitcher every morning. The disruptions can happen any time between 9 and 5 and can be for any length of time. Ugh. Part of me is glad they are making the needed repairs, but most of me is just frustrated.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It's only when the tub is not full that you end up needing a full tub! So glad you've prepared! 😜
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You might want to stock up on some bottled water for food, tooth brushing and cooking. Those jugs of distilled water are pretty cheap. I also got some bath wipes from the pharmacy section- used for bed baths by those who can’t shower.

We went without water for over a week when pipes froze all over town last winter. Texas water pipes are not meant for freezing temps! Unfortunately we had no warning and had to improvise.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Haven’t heard from Laurie lately. Hope she’s dining well with temporary housemate!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Temporary housemate better be behaving is all I'm saying!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Lol... it's been a week. Lots of chaos. Lots of love and a whirlwind of activity. Received my pathology report last weekend ... it showed 10 "surprise" invasive cancer tumours 😕 which put me in a bit of a tailspin but then I saw the surgeon this week and she has given me a reprieve... offering cautious optimism. 🙂 because all those tumours were small I might still escape chemo.

I have two weeks before I have to face that whole thing again.

If I maintain this balance of whirlwind activity green soup smoothies and lots of naps (one pup naps starting tomorrow 😭) I might make it through with a shred of sanity.

I haven't weighed myself because the swelling has been really crazy and I don't need any extra weirdness in my brain from temporary water weight. But I haven't been bingeing. And I've been doing a reasonable amount of walking. So I'm just going to believe it's all OK on that front.

🙂

I know I've been pretty absent but I am checking in to make sure you're all behaving 😛

Yesterday I received a quilt from Victoria's Quilts Canada... an organization that gifts squirrels to people living with cancer! (dictation chose to make that squirrels instead of quilts who am I to question such a beautiful mistake 🙂)

The pups absolutely approve!
    h3bh4uhejgpq.jpeg
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Lol... it's been a week. Lots of chaos. Lots of love and a whirlwind of activity. Received my pathology report last weekend ... it showed 10 "surprise" invasive cancer tumours 😕 which put me in a bit of a tailspin but then I saw the surgeon this week and she has given me a reprieve... offering cautious optimism. 🙂 because all those tumours were small I might still escape chemo.

Chemo can be a *kitten*, but you can handle it if that is where the path leads. I am so so sorry for that news. Hopefully you can escape the chemo, but if not, let me know. I learned a LOT about it and the side effects when my mom was going through it.

Today is going to be day 1 with water disruptions. I feel like I am all set. I did go to the store yesterday and get a 12 pack of bottled water (the biggest I could carry home easily). Of course, I forgot to close the bathroom door after filling the tub and my cat decided he HAD to know what was going on. Which I found out about when he jumped up on me and my work desk quite damp. Luckily he did not get the work laptop wet! Not sure how I would have explained that one!

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Laurie let’s hope the optimistic doctor is right. Hang on to the good thoughts. With the swelling and stress, just not binging is a giant victory. Why is life soooo difficult sometimes?
    Do check in because you know we worry about you and are rooting for your path to total wellness. 🥰❤️

Love the quilt (squirrel). Apparently the pups appreciate it too.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Squirrels 🐿️🐿️🐿️ are good!

She who shall not be named totally cleared through the non moving car window in the alley, even throwing in a back leg lift like a horse going over an obstacle, to try and harass a squirrel who was 60 to 90 ft in the air.

I mean seriously. There is some brain deficiency associated with squirrels!!!🤷‍♂️
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Been a few days. My life has been super crazy. I have not been tracking but I have been conscious of what I was eating. I didn't gain any weight but I also didn't loose any either. I'll take it. I'm back at it and feeling good. Time to track sorta. I am camping again this weekend. Really not looking forward to it cause it is raining but I am being ranked up in the scout honor society so it is important that I go. Lots of service work to be done so lots of calories being burned. There is no cell service at this campground and food will be made over a fire. Not the best situation to weigh food and be accurate. I am trying to stay positive about the situation. My son told me this morning that part of OA is being positive about things and thinking of ways to make situations better. So I will take a page out of his book and go with this.

I start a new Harry Potter challenge this week so that will help as well. I think I just needed a break. I listened to my body and took it.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I guess will ask even though it is probably not on the "approved" list of things to do. But, yeah, I admit to being a tiny bit concerned. So do they not have a particular treatment protocol with suggestions as to the best outcome percentages given each eventuality, thus providing guidance as to how to proceed? Are the statistical projections re the best medical outcome close enough where personal treatment preferences even come into play?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What is OA?

You are one busy brave lady Scout. Camping in the rain! Not for me - even in my youth.

My sister and her family were avid campers for many years. I went along once. The outdoors was lovely but at night I want a warm comfortable bed indoors away from creepy insects and other bigger scary critters. I ended up sleeping inside my locked car. 😳
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    OA stands for the Order of the Arrow. It is the scouting honor society. You have to do a ton of stuff to be eligible and then they scouts have to vote you in. It’s very hard to get in. They devote most of their time to cheerful service in the community. I went through initiation last March. That was horrible. Vow of silence, fasting, tons of service, several ceremonies, and a night of reflection. Basically I slept next to the Buffalo River in a sleeping bag with no tent in the dead of winter. -1000/10 do not recommend.

This weekend at least I get to sleep in my tent. I feel so bad for those guys going through ordeal.

Im with you @Yoolypr. Im probably the worst scout ever. I absolutely hate camping. Even with an air mattress I still struggle. Give me a big bed with tons of blanket in the warm house any day!