Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    Options
    Is that "the BOY"????😍😍😍😘😘😘

I'm going to have to study you on the full screen cause on my phone you look tiny!!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Roaming package activated. Package shipped , alone, to very silent @Dante_80's general location.

I hope the special assistance team handling continues to improve throughout the day. Pre baggage drop off was a disaster in the making --- but things improved rapidly once the special team took charge.

Theoretically.... sometime around 5:30am they will spit him out in +35C as compared to the current rainy 17C! Hotel has arranged can ride (have driver's phone number) and CCCGG will check on package two or three hours post arrival!!!!🫣🫣🫣

Patty (91y) and Jill were both waiting downstairs to wave him off!!!!!! But apparently **I** am the one who gets FULL (both arms around neck) HUGS from BOTH of them every time I see them???????πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ«£*

30 days roaming planned till end of September. And he even wants to try to go to one of the islands!!!!

*Yes they are very sweet the both of them!🫣
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    Like many oldsters dad has more memories of his β€œhome” that get stronger as he ages. As hectic as it is to prepare for the voyage, he will be happy to reconnect. My mother made several long visit to her home and people in her old age. Made her incredibly happy to be with people who shared her youth and memories.

As for Patty and Jill - They are no fools! Wave at the old guys but squeeze the young ones. πŸ₯°
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Where do we find these youngsters?
    Older than Grandma here! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

I don't doubt that there's memories of fun times. But the people to connect with are no longer there! 😞
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Yup, PAV, that is the boy ❀️❀️❀️

Extraordinary your dad is making this trip! Hope it brings him much much happiness.

SO glad COVID seems pretty well a thing of the past!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So tired. Just keep telling myself I have to get through today and tomorrow and I will have a 4 day weekend (taking Friday off to flex my time from working all day Sunday and Monday is a holiday). Then I work for 3 days and then VACATION. I am so looking forward to it.

Also trying to figure out a plan that will work for me to get back on track. I think every time I try, I try too hard too fast. So I burn out. I want something sustainable but have no idea what that may be.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Getting back on track is a real challenge for sure. PAV always gives a good advice of aiming for something manageable long-term… for some reason I can’t seem to do that. Always wanna go extreme. Although it works very well for fast weight loss , it doesn’t work for very long.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You know. I've always liked the "eat as a person with your final weight". At least for a while. This only shows substantial / visible results if one has a lot to lose. It MAY have to be tweaked with activity level for someone with less to lose such that it is generating less than a ~3 to 500 Cal deficit off the bat.

For example eat like a person at the final weight who is a full activity level less active should probably generate a substantial i.e. >500Cal differential.

I really don't believe based on personal experience that large differentials work very well long term. And of course the danger period is when we stop.

Since I don't believe that we are all of us silly twits who have no will-power I have to conclude that there IS something to be said for hormones and neurotransmitters and that the propensity to regain has a hard wired component for a very long time post weight loss.

I don't have a solution to combat that other than an extended time period of "attempting to lose" while spinning wheels and slowly slowly coming up to maintenance. And I am talking more than a year if we've spent a couple of years losing weight. That's from my personal experience... but the sample is pretty effing low. but it it did work when i did that... and I regained the lost weight and more when I didn't. Regardless of knowledge or inclination.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Maybe I’ll try that later in October???? After the next round of healing???

How’s your healing PAV?
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Just in case not super clear... large deficits OK to start especially if lot to lose. But easy to derail and not sustain. Largest sustainable deficit is much more effective than largest tolerable for short periods of time.

the idea of eating at final weight is because if nothing else it gives you a glimpse and allows you to tweak for when you get there. And if you get these doing things you plan on continuing to do it increases, I figure, the chances of you ACTUALLY continuing to do them through the critical VERY long period of time post weight loss. And in my mind that time period is BARELY a bit shorter than the actual time spent losing.

So settle in for the long haul and try to tweak things one at a time/a few at a time while taking things to the edge... but not beyond :)

And of course if your mental game is on... yeah... that last one is also let's say "highly desirable".

On the win department... I started the "my phone won't connect" phone call with premium plus crackers and a slice of cheese.... NSV NSV... but I switched to MOPPING THE KITCHEN AND BATHROOM WITH BOUNCE TOWELS instead!!!!!

Hey: the phone may still be "impacted" but at least the bathroom and kitchen floor are visible once more AND I didn't keep eating the rest of the sleeve... or the chocolates from the drawer... or....

Well... that's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you for the coaching, PAV … has me thinking
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Mopping with paper towels? Methinks PAV is expecting a special visitor soon?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Coming back with dad????
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Had a rough day yesterday. I got caught up with life and just forgot to eat. I did an hour water aerobics and an hour of dance fitness then DMV. I ate a normal lunch. When I got home hubby was doing yard work and I went out to help. Next thing I know it is 8:00 and I haven't had anything else to eat. I had burned way more calories than I put in. I got super dizzy and lightheaded. Kid brought me a full sugar Gatorade and I felt better after drinking it and then hubby made some dinner but it was 10:00 before I ate anything. Not going to make that mistake again.

Today is a new day. Started off right only did water aerobics and I am making lunch right now. I have a scout committee meeting tonight so I am going to grab something and eat it at the meeting. Gotta keep fuel in the car to make it run same thing with our bodies.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Besides all the exercise and yard work, a trip to the DMV can make anyone lightheaded and dizzy!
    I usually carry a high protein granola/energy bar in my purse πŸ‘œ or keep them in the pantry. Unlike you I probably would have eaten a whole dinner at 10 pm and regretted it.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I'm with Yooly as to what the effect would be if I were in the same position.

CCCGG not coming back with parental. in fact parental caused derailment of September plans as he is there during the timeframe of the previously planned date! 🀬

Don't ask how much extra$ it ended up co$ting to change the date's date to October. Parental is lucky that I don't have spares, so he gets to survive! 😑🀨
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    That’s just awful PAV. You and the lovely CCCGG need your time together!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You are a very patient, person. I hope you and your delightful lady have the twice the extraordinary time come October.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Got my flu shot today. It’s a bit early but I wanted to get it before the Hawaii trip. I was hoping to get the new Covid booster but it’s not being distributed yet. Maybe October when we get back. Guess we’ll be doing lots of hand washing and sanitizer while we travel.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The washing esp for Norovirus which I believe is perhaps a bigger danger after I saw how fast it spreads. And standard sanitizer doesn't work.

Suggest you look into EPA approved antimicrobial products effective against norovirus.

So the way it was explained to me it is the hand to face surface transmission route that is primary there. Would consider disposable tissue to use for button pushing and door handle opening... or elegant cotton gloves removed via reversal. No no. Not a germophobe. Not at all! 😹🀣😎