2023 Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 7th August

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited August 2023 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This week's goals are going to be:

- Increase my steps to 3,000 steps a day by the end of the week. I will try to use yoga/stretching every other day as a recovery tool, but there won't be a definite time limit attached to that part of it.
    - Lose 1 pound this week by eating healthy, veggie-heavy meals/snacks and controlling my caloric intake
    - Journal about my thoughts on weight loss or my current challenges every day

This week, I'm going to try and take the healthy habits I succeeded with last week and add on to them. I thought seriously about repeating the exercise goal from last time, but I decided that the bigger issue is my lack of consistent everyday activity. For calories, I'm focusing on hitting my deficit goal while keeping my protein high and eating primarily at home. Last week, I hit really great protein levels, but I was going over my deficit nearly every day, sometimes by pretty large amounts, and that isn't the greatest long-term plan for my weight loss. And finally, I am repeating my journaling goal, since that will give me data and solutions that I can take forward with me into my journey.
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi guys & gals!

Its been a tough week, and the next one will be even tougher - I'm flying out to Antalya Turkiye to have some time at the beach with my family. And this comes with all-inclusive food LOL. I'll have to maneuver around this somehow.

SW: 226.1; GW: 159; LW: 208.5; TW: 207.9; OL: Overall Loss:18.2

For the record (to put in progress report please)

03/07/2023: 226.19
    10/07/2023: 218.91
    17/07/2023: 217.37
    24/07/2023: 212.08
    31/07/2023: 208.5573
    07/08/2023: 207.9
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm throwing a little low-calorie party here. I've been in the 240s all of this year so far. I couldn't believe I had a "zero" last week...my Monday morning weigh in is about timing. This feels good, but what matters is the monthly and the trend. I'll take it. Good luck this week everyone! @ikalujny I saw the movie "Aftersun" this year, about a family trip to Turkiye. It was really good, a big drama. I hope you have a lot of fun with your family.

GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Aug 7, 2023
    LW: 241.6 lbs
    TW: 239.1 lbs
    Variance: -2.5 lbs
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This week I'm just going to try and not gain weight. I'm on holiday from work which means going out for days....these could involve lunch or beer or both 🤔. Then we have a family wedding at the end of the week.
    Activity wise...the usual -walking and gardening. Will prob weigh in on Thursday as its going to be hectic and I'm not packing the scales!!!!
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is from Monday's weigh in

SW: 200.0 lbs
    GW: 140.0 lbs
    LW: 196.4 lbs
    TW: 194.8 lbs
    OL: 5.2 lbs

Nothing special happening this week. Just continuing with calorie targets, doing the StrongLifts5x5 program and focusing on zone 2 cardio.
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ah well its been a good week in the terms of fun.....not so good in calories. Traveling today family wedding tomorrow so.....
    SW 234
    GW 196
    DATE 10/8
    LW 227
    TW 229
    Variance +2lbs
    Oops
    Back on it Sunday
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    GW: 100kg
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 124.5kg (274.4lbs)
    CW: 123.8kg (272.9lbs)
    Variance to last week: -0.7kg (-1.5lbs)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Time!

GW: 200 (for now)
    SW: 280.7
    LW: 256.2
    TW: 256.0
    Variance: -0.2 lbs
    Overall Lost: -23 lbs

And the results of this week's goals are:

- Increase my steps to 3,000 steps a day by the end of the week. I will try to use yoga/stretching every other day as a recovery tool, but there won't be a definite time limit attached to that part of it. I hit my goal the first few days, but got busy preparing for an art exhibition and didn't move enough in the last part of the week
    - Lose 1 pound this week by eating healthy, veggie-heavy meals/snacks and controlling my caloric intake The meals this week were veggie-heavy, but there was a lot of overeating this week.
    - Journal about my thoughts on weight loss or my current challenges every day Didn't happen, unfortunately

I'm happy that I lost some weight, but honestly, I don't think it was because of anything I did since my head wasn't in the weight loss game this week. Next week, I'm going to try and focus a little more on my weight loss and exercise goals. :)
This discussion has been closed.