Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It’s 71 feels like 71 with a high of 92 and rainy this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.—Lucille Ball I AM: I am embarking on an amazing adventure. Action for Happiness: Contact a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,399 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 165/305 mile a day before breakfast and 45 min walk after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks, start of a mini heat wave here, have lots of water and can use cool gel pads if necessary but think the A/C will be enough when needed. Hope youall are enjoying your weekend. Stay safe !!
    qrlnsts5dhik.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabatha you're getting a great workout. Now to keep it going when there is no festival.

Today has been hot and humid. Didn't sleep well last night with tornado warnings in Michigan and storms here. Went for my walk and then walked to and from the farmers market. Did some laundry, dishes, played Wii sports with Hubby for multiple hours and started my Greek pasta salad for tomorrow. No strength today.

Connie
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,634 Member
    Options
    LindieMaeP wrote: »
    @Sparkuvu I googled Craving Change and got this site: https://www.cravingchange.ca/
    The google review before I clicked the link said it was created by a psycologist and registered dietician. Not sure about their credentials. WHat people are saying, when looking at it, mention Shah and Cannon - no idea who they are, the creators maybe ? The about tab shows Our Company and Cognitive-Behavoural Model.. Did you explore that ?? I also took a look at the "reviews" which seem to be selective - I prefer reviews that show what's not working as oppossed to it's wonderful ... it also shows an Alberta address as well. From what I gather, it's a pay into program. worth it? Dunno .. not paying ... BUT it might have some ideas - One of the reviews mentioned a free "tool" they used in their zoom discussion about "why we eat" ... They also seem to have a facebook, linkedin site as well but again, most likely private or limited in information. When one has something to sell, they dont' give away the farm so to speak. What did you find that appealed to you ?

Thanks for looking! It was the blog on here about 'cresting the wave' regarding fighting craving that attracted me. But, as you say, unless you join a paid program, you can't find out much info. I'm not much of one for programs, but this sounded intriguing enough to look into. The blog here also mentioned the program going deep into why we eat, which also interests me, and I asked her for specifics, but she apparently us no longer on MFP. I did play around quite a bit on anything that came up on search hoping for a little back door break in to find out more, lol, but was not sucessful.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this Sunday Morning.

@CSEGUIN2 - I do plan to keep the exercise going. It would be great if I could. I just have to find the time. 76 fitness minutes from Fitbit would be amazing every day. What area of Michigan had tornado warnings?

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 76 feels like 76 with a high of 86 and chances of rain this afternoon. Insight Timer Quote: Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love.—Rumi I AM: I believe in the luck I make myself. Action for Happiness: No plans today! Be kind to yourself so you can be kind to others too. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,235 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 166/305 mile a day this morning and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    Hi all Happy Sunday. Wishing you a great rest of the day and a wonderful new week. Hot here, 104 right now. Hugs

Today's Inspiration:
    “You cannot fail in God’s eyes. You can ‘fail’ in the eyes of a spouse, parent, or maybe even in the eyes of the world. Maybe it’s time to stop making other people your ‘God’.”
    - Sandy Alemian
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well. I went to Unity Christian Music Festival from Wednesday to Saturday and then regular church on Sunday to continue my worshipping and let me tell you it was wonderful. We had a wonderful time and I got a wonderful tan on my legs. Finally after 4 days in the sun my legs tanned. That has never happened. I am so happy about it. Woo-hoo. I am darker than my native american son and that says a lot. He looks at the sun and gets a tan. I walked almost 4 miles a day. and I am down 4 pounds in 4 days and let me tell you I ate a bucket of Fries with my husband, shared a huge 8 inch diameter chicken pot pie, had a slice of pizza and ate a different flavor of ice cream every night, drank tons of water. We did pack sandwiches for lunch and had chips with the sandwiches, or had crackers and cheese with the sandwiches. But hauling both camping chairs, a back pack full of snack and a cooler bag with ice packs and tons of water into the Festival every day and then hauling it out every night I got a lot of strength exercises and a lot of walking. I got a couple of free books about God and a woman's soul and a marriage book. I know Joe and I took marriage mentoring class but if I read a bunch of books on making the marriage work then I will be well equipped to make the marriage last forever.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha

• macrat12
    Options
    It’s 68 feels like 68 with a high of 79 today. Insight Timer Quote: Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.—John C. Maxwell I AM: Today I get closer to my dreams. Action for Happiness: Take an action to be kind to nature and care for our planet. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,102 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 167/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations Wk1/Day1: Strength/Conditioning in the gym after breakfast and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,679 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. Another new week, and another new start. @Tabatha_Cain i read and get a lot of Unity devotionals and prayers. Sounds like a great musical festival. Another hot day. Here is some Texas hot day humor
    7verzvc64zfx.png

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i had a great day yesterday. i really enjoyed the time i spent at the tennis tournament this month. i met a lot of nice people. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    gcqmo1k61uqx.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday. Yesterday I was so busy at work. I loved it. I did not have a bunch of time. Did not get any of my breaks except for lunch, but that is ok. I will just have to find a way to get my snacks at my desk. Today probably won't happen though. The boss is there and she does not want us eating at our desks.

@Kurtize - My cousin lives in Anna, Texas. She mentioned on Facebook that you are all having a cold spell. Then she showed the weather forecast and it was like 92 degrees F for 4 days. I laughed because that is your cold streak and Michigan would so be complaining about it yet you never really hear anyone in Texas complain just more like well here is another hot day lets keep going. You are all built tough.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 60 feels like 60 with a high of 80 today. Insight Timer Quote: Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.—Chinese Proverb I AM: I am grateful for the happiness that is manifesting in my life right now. Action for Happiness: If someone annoys you, be kind. Imagine how they may be feeling. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,278 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 168/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundation Wk1/D2: Chest/Arms/Cardio either in the gym or modified for at home after breakfast and 45 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to an art drop in program at the next building close to mine. i did some simple painting today. i enjoy going to this program and to any other kinds of programs, events in my area. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    0ehauxyujibk.jpeg
    Good afternoon all, hope you are having a great day today - it's warm here a little too warm for me, but the wind is kicking up some what so that is nice. The A/C is on as well and will run for a while. took the above picture while walking home from Safeway today.