Accountable August!

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Here are some pics for you bisky! I mentioned that our north shore is rocky because it is the sound not the ocean. In this picture someone was driving a car that goes in water. I’ve never seen one before and thought it was unique. The land you can see in this picture is Connecticut. Some days it is visible and other days it is not. It takes about 1.5 hours to get across the sound to CT by ferry. Later in the week we have a trip planned to one of our south shore beaches. I will share pictures after I go so you can see how different our shores are.

vxpr3bk8hrdu.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    Options
    These are the interactive touch screens, some of the signs in the center and a sea robin that was in the outside tank. I’ve seen one of these swim by last time I was in the water and never knew what it was.

3mhmi2cz5tbr.jpeg
    zii3ey9kcwpc.jpeg
    9ecrqyxx1hum.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    Options
    A view of the water from the trails and a pic of us on our walk

ys90xp933td9.jpeg
    adl1dz365u8v.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    Options
    We also discovered a lot of painted rocks placed around for memorials.

7ftuwpklktsh.jpeg
    qyb19wb1afbe.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    Options
    5w2zuj5449jj.jpeg
    4g0b6dk780yb.jpeg
    u9liuilpv913.jpeg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    More dog chaos! It was smoky outside yesterday evening, but the dogs needed to burn off some energy, so Joe decided to drive a loop around the property in our utility vehicle. I guess the dogs had too much energy and they love the RTV too much so they went crazy. They were at each other and barely out of the gate when Ruby fell badly and wrenched her leg. She started yelping right away. Then after the dust settled, we noticed Radar bleeding from his tail. Both dogs are doing okay today. Radar is licking at his wound and we are keeping an eye on it. Ruby is actually doing much better than we thought. At first we were worried she would need surgery but she is getting around good already, just a little sore when getting up and down.

The smoke was supposed to clear by today but it is still hanging around. Fingers crossed that it clears because all of us need to get out of this house! Thankful to have AC and an air filtration system.

Yesterday was a good food day but I only got in one of my walks on the TM. Today I have a planned dinner out with a friend, so my food won't be ideal but I am keeping all of my other food on point and ordering carefully at the restaurant.

• Carla_wfpb
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I missed some posts!

@JNettie73 awesome pics! sounds like a great day filled with fun discoveries!

@bisky Congrats to Brooks!! Just a bit of random coughing, nothing noteworthy if not for our weirdo dog :)
    I will use a print on demand service for whatever I decide to make. They handle all of it and there's no minimum purchase.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    eya9zmjuaemx.jpg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    Nanc, your kitchen plans sound good. There's never enough room for all the gadgets and "stuff" we have is there?

Bisky, glad to hear you are feeling better now. Yay for Brooks!

JNettie, awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. :)

Carla, yikes that was my first thought was oh no, another surgery for Ruby. Glad to hear she's doing better now and hope that Rader is on the mend.

This is a quick hi. Was in the office until almost 6:00 then made a quick grocery run. Need to eat something light because it's so late. Probably half a pita with some hummus and lettuce.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    No, I have not made beans yet.

today's plan

coffee
    oats and stuff
    left over rice/tofu/veg stir fry
    refried bean tacos
    apple and pb2
    veggies and Bitchin sauce snacks

laundry day...LULU walk/treadmill/pool day...fun day!

finally have a kitchen with some room...used the hall closets for pantry...can't use the garage cuz of the summer heat...gives me so much space in the kitchen...easy to pull out stuff, wash and put away...kitchen is CLEAN this very minute. Until it's remodeled, this is the best it will be. Goal is to move washer/dryer, which is currently in the kitchen, into the garage and use that space as a pantry.

Life is better, ORGANZIED!

Making life deeeeeeeeeee licious.

Work situation...thinking nothing is going to change...oh well. It did look promising there for a minute.

Later, mates!

August Treadmill Stats: 17 out of 21 days
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I bet it feels so good having your kitchen all set up and organized, Nanc! Too bad about your work schedule not changing the way you hoped. Nice TM stats!

Radar is at the animal hospital due to the cut on his tail. We think he'll need stitches. Ruby is getting around okay but she is more sore than usual. We're going to give her a few more days and see how she's doing.

Now for the good news: the smoke has cleared! We are all ready to be able to walk around outside again.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    matlio8u4o3q.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I've decided to start having my smoothie at 10 a.m. instead of waiting to eat until 11. While I'm struggling to get back on track, I've noticed that waiting too long makes bad decisions more likely!
    (sipping my smoothie here @ 10 am :) )
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Radar was sedated to have his tail shaved for a closer look at the wound. It is too big to be left to heal so they need clean it and then sedate him again tomorrow to stitch it up. Our regular vet is closed for the week and Radar needs to the surgery tomorrow, so we have to pay extra to have it done at the hospital. $2,000. And he can't stay there overnight tonight so we have to drive back out to Bellingham to pick him up and then drop him off again tomorrow morning.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,898 Member
    Options
    Oh, Carla... what a mess. Poor Radar. Good heavens, try to do something fun and nice for the dogs and look what happens. Give them both a hug from me.

Nanc, yay for having everything all organized.

Another late day in the office then ran a couple errands. Going to eat a little something and go to bed early.

I haven't been posting my meals because they have been totally random lately. Mostly smoothies and oats, canned baked beans with ezekiel toast, salads, hummus and veggie pitas.

• JNettie73
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yesterday we took a drive to the end of the island- Montauk. We climbed to the top of the light house, walked all around town and played in the ocean. I found an area with purple sand, the pictures don’t do it justice. It was a fantastic day!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from yesterday. The picture of my daughter says it all!

ztnw7trdrsca.jpeg
    n9iizmg5w4yf.jpeg
    s61ncnst8bn2.jpeg
    3ms3rs9w051i.jpeg
    fct2pgbbxvol.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    Options
    I forgot to add one of the light house

4fpv88azcpo9.jpeg
  • JNettie73
    Options
    @Carla_wfpb
    I hope Radar is doing better. That sounds stressful.

@magic71755
    Congrats on the kitchen and the organization. I love that for you!
  • magic71755
    Options
    @carla_wfpb I am so sorry to hear about Radar...poor sweet thing...please keep us posted...I know you must be a wreck. Lulu sends loads of puppy love!
  • magic71755
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Back later to post...pictures are beautiful @JNettie73 .."oh man, mom, that water is cold!" would be my caption.

not even two hours sleep...we had two break ins in my immediate area...sleeping with all lights on and all porch lights on...always front, but now, both sliders patios.

Looking on line for gizmos to secure all windows and doors. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. I have no security cameras, YET.

neighbor is getting ADT stickers for our windows.