8/05: 140.6 | 8/21: 140.0
    8/07: 140.4 | 8/22: 138.4
    8/08: 140.4 | 8/23: 140.0
    8/09: 139.2 | 8/24: 139
    8/11: 140.4
    8/13: 140.4
    8/14: 138.8
    8/15: 139.2

Whatever! I’m glad I’m not new to this process or this would be demoralizing. 😊

I got my strength training in yesterday and my run in this morning. I did have a couple drinks yesterday, but otherwise good diet. I did feel more energetic mentally and physically this morning (once I had my coffee, of course) so I think I’m starting to see the benefits of the process kicking in. Now I just need the whoosh!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @k8richly: the diving was great, thanks! I've been many times to Egypt, for us it is a short trip (4 to 5 hours flight) and quite cheap as well. What we saw this time however, is a lot less fish. Locals say they have been fishing a lot during the covid years when there was no tourism. Time will tell what the cause is exactly... but I still had a great time with hubby and our friends.

@CeeBeeSlim: I hear you !! Still today, I will carefully sip my first coffee that I drink in bed with hubby every morning, because that is BEFORE the scales. Silly, I know, but I totally get you...

@Kitri2020: welcome to this monthly thread, we usually have some fun here, and we absolutely have no shame to tell about our quirks, like clipping toenails before weighing as you've noticed :wink: You really had me laughing there Ceebeeslim !! :lol: Also Kitri, your baby looks cute as can be in that profile pic !! :love:

@cora0477: you are on a roll, keep that truck going forward !!

As for me: I have been eating right and some of the holiday weight has already come off. The big help is that hubby is also eating healthily as he has THE most important marathon in his life coming up in 10 weeks. Because ladies, yes yes, he managed to get a ticket to the New York marathon !! We will be travelling the first week of November to the big apple and from there we plan to travel through the states for three weeks. Plane, train, automobile, ... no planning yet. The only places I really want to see are Sedona for some nature walks and San Francisco. To do's are: spending a night in a motel (ha!), and try all the US foods that I see posted on this site all the time: biscuits, cornbread, mac&cheese and the american take on bbq. And who knows what else.

Anyweez, if you girls have any places / activities that you would really recommend please shoot. We kind of want to stay more in the South because we assume it will be warmer as I'm not a winter person, and I will gladly trade in snow and sleet for some sun !! We will be looking more for nature trails and less city tripping with the exception of NY at the start and San Francisco, as this really seems like an awesome city to us. Really looking forward to this mega-trip !!
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @Antiopelle Thank you! She’s a happy little girl. If you’re traveling in November, just keep in mind that it’s tornado season in the south, at least for Mississippi. We’ve had some crazy storms lately, even outside of storm season. Stay safe! As for activities, I have been in the south for just over a year and so I regretfully don’t know much that goes on around here. It’s always been on the list to take a train somewhere though! Traveling this way seems easier than flying or even driving with little ones :).

Since my last post, I dropped another pound! That makes a total of 13lbs less to run with so far. I’ve been eating good, mostly meats, fruits and veggies. No bread, dairy, potatoes, stuff like that. My cravings have almost disappeared! Gettin in the gym is whenever my husband can watch the little, sometimes right before they close at 7:30 in the evening. Its’s been a heat index of over 100 for the majority of the last two months, so ive been running (and lifting) inside the cool gym, let the crazy people run in that heat!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/03: 142.0 | 8/16: 138.6
    8/04: 141.6 | 8/18: 140.4
    8/09: 139.2 | 8/24: 139.0
    8/11: 140.4 | 8/25: 138.2
    8/13: 140.4
    8/14: 138.8

Happy scale has me losing .5lbs this week. That’s a good number. But ahhhhhhh I just had to get dressed for an important work event and my skirt is too tight. So was everything else I tried on. 😢. I don’t mind wearing bigger sizes, but I do mind spending money to buy bigger sizes.

On to good news, I got my exercise in every day this week! That makes two in a row. I’m glad I have momentum because this extra weight is not working for me!

@Kitri2020 Welcome! Glad you’re here.

@Antiopelle Excited for you! I love travel and experiences. Feel free to message me. I have lived and traveled all over the US and could probably answer a bunch of questions. I don’t know much about New York because it’s been a couple of decades since I’ve been there, but I might still be some help.
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    @cora0477 Over the past year I have been all sorts of sizes and in-between sizes, currently my favorite shorts are getting baggy🥺. But i can go back to my jeans… Bras are a whole other story.

I am trying to weigh in each monday. This time, I came in a 171lbs from my previous 172. Happy for the progress :).

I have been slacking on my workouts, I only went to the gym one time last week. I will go today and start off my week strong. It is also the first day of the last college semester in my degree program! It will be tough to get to the gym with so many priorities… My goal to do at least 2 times a week and on the other days, to do quick home exercises to get my heartrate up.

Who else struggles with push-ups?😂 I used to be able to do quite a few…
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies, I'll keep you posted. @Cora0477 : We will probably fly from NY to SF, then drive from SF to LA along the coastline, then to Vegas for a day as everyone says I should a least have seen it, from there to Arizona (Sedona), where I think we will spend most of our time, hiking around.
    Also, I know about tight skirts, I really should be more mindful about my eating the coming weeks, or I'll be stuck to my weight for the rest of the year !

@Kitri2020 : you are doing great, and I hear you about those push-ups. I really should be starting again on those. 3 years ago (before my frozen shoulder) I could do 25... Now, zero :neutral:

For some stats from last week:

* one gym session and one dive. I'm planning two of them for this week.
    * 816 km in total on my bike this year... I don't think I'll get to 2k unfortunately. The reason is that every time I plan to go to work, it rains in the morning and I'm just getting too old to bike 33km in the pouring rain ...
    * my stepcount is low; I would have to average 13k per day if i want to get to 4.000.000 steps this year. Who knows, I just might reach that with the stepping in the usa. Last week was 57k, so I need to increase quite a lot.
    * And my weight is stable. Those last 2 kg (4.5lbs) just won't come off, but it is no surprise as I eat at maintenance level. Every morning I plan to eat less, and by the end of the day I'm around 2.000 kcals. So now, I've lowered my main daily cals in the hope that I will be a bit lower at the end of the day, and I will refrain of eating that extra snack.

Have a nice working week !!

• tarabethlim
    tarabethlim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Im new here and would love accountability partners (my diary is visible to friends). Im a 36yo mom of 2 kids. I was 110lbs for all of adulthood until kids. My youngest is now 2yo and I am 124 lbs, hoping to get down to at least 112! Thanks for these posts - they are motivating to see!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Welcome @tarabethlim!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

8/03: 142.0 | 8/16: 138.6
    8/04: 141.6 | 8/18: 140.4
    8/09: 139.2 | 8/24: 139.0
    8/11: 140.4 | 8/25: 138.2
    8/13: 140.4 | 8/29: 139.0
    8/14: 138.8 | 8/30: 138.2

I got my run done on Monday and strength training on Tuesday. Today I did a moderately difficult hike for a couple hours and tomorrow will be white water rafting.

I think I may have gotten a lower reading today if I had weighed earlier instead of later in the day, but 138.2 is still a good ending to the month.

@tarabethlim Welcome

@Antiopelle Hitting the hot spots! SF is so unique and that coastline drive is gorgeous! You should have a great time. Vegas is a completely different kind of unique. And so is New York. What a trip!
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! It's the last day of August! I haven't lost a pound but I'm fit, active and living well. Lots to report, but I will save it for September. Meanwhile, just for a laugh, look at this. I decided to turn my fancy GPS watch on while I played the last half of my soccer game yesterday. This is what 4.5kms if walk-run-sprint over 45 minutes look like when you are right wing 😆. Like a bunch of string. The line heading away from the field is me after the game heading for the parking lot where we had a nice cold beer to mark the end of our outdoor season. 926wxgqbow3n.jpg
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    @k8richly! That’s so funny! Can’t wait to hear your September report.

Eldercare duties have me a bit stressed so haven’t made the best nutrition choices lately but still doing my daily Caroline Girvan YouTube videos. So hooked I didn’t realize I was doing daily 30/40 minute videos 5x a week for the last 14 weeks so gonna take it ez next week - Pilates, light cardio, stretching.

I don’t feel so bad because I feel my body getting harder and more muscle-y - visibly! Now if I can only pass my daily test - lie on my side and see if my belly fat falls to one side! Haha! Yes - I’m a weirdo! 🫣🫣😬😂

Welcome @tarabethlim and @kitri2020!
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim haha! Youre not a weirdo… ive definitely done that. but i do think some of that is natural if you arent flexing, what with your guts moving down. Youre consistency is awesome!

@k8richly that is hilarious to see! And good work out there, soccer will give you a run for your money. When i used to play, id sweat like a pig😂

In closing of the month of August, I have lost about 5-6lbs. I am feeling stronger, especially in my legs and have been able to run for longer. Im gettin my fitness back! Im glad ive been able to be a part of this group. Yall are great people 🙂

Talk next month!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    @Cora0477 : you've been really active, nice !!
    @k8richly : so funny to see your activity like that ! I can imagine that beer will have tasted great !
    @ceebeeslim: what a nice feeling to notice that your body is getting harder! Mine is still as soft as a pillow. I hear you ... belly fat falling on one side, haha ! You are not weird at all :smiley:

All in all, I've maintained during the month of August. I'll really try to get at least two pounds off during September. See you all in the next group chat ladies !!