Almost 4.5 years since surgery

Options
Jessica12877
Jessica12877 Posts: 29 Member
First of all, I'm always surprised when I occasionally check this group that there is not a lot more activity. Anyone know if there is another more active group for VSG peeps? Anyway, just popping in to share that I am still maintaining a loss of 110 pounds. The longer I go, the more confident I feel that I can keep it off forever. I'm sure I have said it before, but the thing that keeps me on track is daily tracking. Wishing you all success in whatever part of the journey you are on!

Replies

• ayeshabashirali
    ayeshabashirali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to MFP and I was also looking for an active group. Looks like this is the most active one out of the list.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My surgery was 11 years ago. The groups here have been very slow. I check in daily at obesityhelp.com, and it really helps with accountability. There's a daily menu thread that has a group of great people. It's under the RNY group, but folks of every surgery type are there. After a little while there really isn't any difference between us all.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think most people have moved on to Facebook groups. The same thing happened with Yahoo groups, btw.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    They did. But the Facebook groups are often limited to a particular hospital or physician group, and therefore pretty limited. Or they are private groups, and those tend to wind down over time, as people lose interest or leave the group.