Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Hey all, we went camping and had NO service so I missed last weeks weigh in. Kids started school this week and all but the oldest started a new school, so we have been a tad busy. I haven't been the best about working out but my daughter was all about taking walks while camping and today I walked her to and from school. Her school is about 3/4 of a mile away from our house so that was about 3 miles walked total doing that today. After dropping her off on my way home there was a small/medium sized dog wandering a semi busy road, being an animal lover, I tried to check its tag, and the little s**t came at me and tried bitting my hand, I pulled back and it tried biting my ankle. I was fine, but the lady walking behind me about had a heart attack, poor lady. My phone doesn't let me post pictures from the app but when I get home (waiting at the school to pic my son and neighbors kid up), I'll post a couple pictures from our camping trip
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for the virtual 5K tomorrow, woot!

Today I went to a Kite Fest on the beach and it was so cool.

I had a couple of small treats (fries and a drink) but then skipped lunch. I had an apple for breakfast. So doing okay today. I'm pretty hungry though, lol. A lot of wildfire smoke making the sky hazy and my sinuses fizz.

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    8/13-13,327
    8/14-9,611
    8/15-9,709
    5/16-9,717
    8/17-13,388
    8/18-12,683
    8/19-9,319
    8/20-10,039
    8/21-7,919
    8/22-4,571
    8/23-6,120
    8/24-9,071
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Hey all, we went camping and had NO service so I missed last weeks weigh in. Kids started school this week and all but the oldest started a new school, so we have been a tad busy. I haven't been the best about working out but my daughter was all about taking walks while camping and today I walked her to and from school. Her school is about 3/4 of a mile away from our house so that was about 3 miles walked total doing that today. After dropping her off on my way home there was a small/medium sized dog wandering a semi busy road, being an animal lover, I tried to check its tag, and the little s**t came at me and tried bitting my hand, I pulled back and it tried biting my ankle. I was fine, but the lady walking behind me about had a heart attack, poor lady. My phone doesn't let me post pictures from the app but when I get home (waiting at the school to pic my son and neighbors kid up), I'll post a couple pictures from our camping trip

Glad you had a good trip with the fam @angmarie28 outside of the dog experience! When you know you're going out of town, just post a message to let us know and we can excuse you during your vacation...that way we know why we're not getting responses (step challenge)...glad you had a nice trip and welcome back! Thanks for catching up your step posting.
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Today's steps are 3836. Not as many as yesterday but it's OK. I had done yoga and swimming as well. I had also took a nap. I'd been up part of the night with hunny bunny. He's got degenerative disc disease in his spine and neck and we found out that his left ankle has arthritis in it. Of course with the heat and humidity it has really bothered him and it's been more swollen as well. We finally got his pain under control enough that he could get some sleep. Hopefully he will stay on top of it better.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: ?
    CW: 227
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ganival

Friday
    Pw 176.4
    Cw 177.0
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/24 643
    8/25 5,163
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 Thank you! I am totally fine and already went on two more walks without pain. :smile:
    @Cyncia85 It was very frustrating, but thankfully days like that rarely happen. I currently have the Merrell Vapor Glove 6. Maybe the same as yours? Also Vibram bottom. The shoes I recently ordered are the Freet Bootee M. Such a funny name! https://freetbarefoot.com/eu/product/freet-bootee-m-2/
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @izzyred9400 and @jessicakrall8 good luck with the virtual 5k!! Sounds like fun! I wish I would’ve joined

@Pupowl you live in a beautiful area! What a cute donkey to greet you in the morning! I would have a hard time to with an irresponsible pet owner, who allows his dogs to come charging and not being a vicinity. I have a large dog, but if I had two dogs coming at me barking, I would be absolutely frozen too, because you never know what my trigger an animal. Sorry, that happened to you!

@angmarie28 a campout is great way to have the last hurrah right before school! Glad your family had a great time!

@Cyncia85 I’ve never heard of that program you were talking about. However, when I really need to reset, I cut out all extra sugar and sweets for about three weeks and it really works for me. I am a huge sugar addict and it usually takes that long for me to get the craving to totally go away. Thanks for sharing that info! Looking forward to seeing more!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Steps
    8/25 5,100
    low b/c I didn't go for a walk it was cooler but way too humid so cleaned my home - I work my part-time job @ Home Goods today then off for 10 days vacation from both jobs- much needed
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Well done @jessicakrall8 I was a bit late starting as my hubby came home just as I was leaving. Walked to a store & had a wander round & did a bit of shopping. Did 3.16 miles in 1 hour 17 mins. Still got further to go till I reach my destination a furniture warehouse for new wardrobes.
    I enjoyed the walk & it stayed dry 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

Hi @izzyred9400 ! Thanks for walking with me!! Glad the weather held up and you didn't get wet! Did you find anything you liked at the furniture warehouse? You made good time in your walk as well! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mnv9721swy89.jpg
    Missing 4 weigh-ins for the week (incl today):

@Armygirlarmyof1
    @TexanMom8152
    @kcpond
    @roz0810 x2

Stats will begin early on Sunday, so please report in today! Thanks!

Steppers, check the chart and post your steps through yesterday. Thanks!

Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: 235.0
    Pw:235.2

Sorry Jessica. I totally spased out with posting because my mind was on other thinfs
This discussion has been closed.