LC Boot Camp: Active August 2023

Options
2»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,807 Member
    Options
    6th foot surgery happened on 8/25... New surgeon put in 6 titanium screws... A plate on the flat side of my ankle and a rod on the other side of my ankle that goes to my knee... Extremely painful ..glad to have the surgery over with
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @Megan_smartiepants1970 ! You put things in perspective for me today. I wanted to complain I gained a pound this week but seeing your post makes me remember how grateful I am for my health. You’ve had a rough go of it. I really hope this does the trick for you. @baconslave i hear you on peri menopause. I just read Life in the Fasting Lane and am working my way through Intermittent Fasting Transformation in the hopes of making this part of my life as painless as possible for me and those around me. I had some success the last couple weeks then seem to have had a small set back as I flex my fasting times between 16 and 24 hours. I’ve been pretty steady with 16-18 hours most days since the start of the year but wasn’t strict with food. Now I’m really focusing on what makes me feel good and avoiding the things that don’t. I know this will work if I stay consistent. Hang in there everyone!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,807 Member
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    Hang in there @Megan_smartiepants1970 ! You put things in perspective for me today. I wanted to complain I gained a pound this week but seeing your post makes me remember how grateful I am for my health. You’ve had a rough go of it. I really hope this does the trick for you. @baconslave i hear you on peri menopause. I just read Life in the Fasting Lane and am working my way through Intermittent Fasting Transformation in the hopes of making this part of my life as painless as possible for me and those around me. I had some success the last couple weeks then seem to have had a small set back as I flex my fasting times between 16 and 24 hours. I’ve been pretty steady with 16-18 hours most days since the start of the year but wasn’t strict with food. Now I’m really focusing on what makes me feel good and avoiding the things that don’t. I know this will work if I stay consistent. Hang in there everyone!

Thank you so much @taylok23 ... I really hope this is the last surgery ... 6 surgeries for the same injury is crazy... I got a new surgeon and a 2nd opinion... my podiatrist was lost so he told me to see his co worker and to get a 2nd opinion so I did and hopefully this surgery was a success