2023 Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 28th August

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited September 2023 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi all!

This week I was back from vacation, and got a nasty cold/fever, so I couldn't exercise. But, I was able to stick to my diet.

This week weigh-in gets me into 10kg lost territory. 18 kg to go.

SW: 226; GW: 159; LW: 207; TW: 202.3; OL: 23.7
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well done @ikalujny ......not well done on being ill !!!! But well done on being over 10kg lost . Have a good week
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    It's (a slightly late) Weigh-in Time!

GW: 200 (for now)
    SW: 280.7
    LW: 255.1
    TW: 254.9
    Variance: -0.2 lbs
    Overall Lost: -24 lbs

And the results of this week's goals are:

- Lose 1 pound this week by focusing on healthy, homemade foods. I didn't make this one. It was a really busy week starting back to school and there were a lot of social events, with social food
    - Hit 3,000 steps 5 days this week Success! Still losing some momentum on the weekend, but I hit 3k every week day!
    - Drink 8 cups of water a day I didn't do the greatest job of tracking this one, so I'm not sure. I'll definitely keep a closer eye on it this week.

This week's goals are basically the same:

- Lose 1 pound this week by focusing on homemade, veg-heavy foods.
    - Hit 3,500 steps 3 days this week
    - Drink 8 cups of water a day
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    suejo2144 wrote: »
    Well done @ikalujny ......not well done on being ill !!!! But well done on being over 10kg lost . Have a good week

Thanks! I'm thinking of resuming exercise. Almost back to normal now.
  • suejo2144
    Options
    @LenGray i struggle with the water side of tracking too. Like you I set achievement goals that keep me heading in the right direction.......sometimes a slight detour but always back to the bigger picture. Keep going !
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    ... got a nasty cold/fever

Sounds like you have turned a corner. Get well soon.

I am a terrible patient. I know it isn't "real" but dropping a few kg/lbs after a cold or flu is a thing that cheers me up.
  • LenGray
    Options
    @ikalujny Glad to hear you're starting to feel better!

@suejo2144 Thanks! The non-scale/achievement goals have really helped me this time around :) It lets me practice more of a 'results' mindset instead of a 'worth' mindset, which has been a really healthy habit for me during weight loss. Good luck on your goals this week ^_^
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    SW: 200.0 lbs
    GW: 140.0 lbs
    LW: 192.6 lbs
    TW: 191.2 lbs
    OL: 8.8 lbs
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Aug 28, 2023
    LW: 242.8 lbs
    TW: 240.5 lbs
    Variance: -2.3 lbs

I am deeply committed to saying good bye to the "240s" and good riddance.

I have a solid exercise plan for the week. My food tracking is getting there, this week is making it better.
  • raenright
    raenright Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    SW: 12st10
    GW: 10st7
    Current Weight: 11st9
    Weight last week: 11st11
    Weight last month: 11st9

Actually very happy I'm holding steady these days as I'm away from home out of my normal routine and don't have my own kitchen/food prep options.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    Hi all!

This week I was back from vacation, and got a nasty cold/fever, so I couldn't exercise. But, I was able to stick to my diet.

This week weigh-in gets me into 10kg lost territory. 18 kg to go.

SW: 226; GW: 159; LW: 207; TW: 202.3; OL: 23.7

Hope you feel better
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SW:227.8
    GW: 140-ish
    CW: 185 (UGH)
    TL: 42.8 ( and I am damned proud of that!!!)
    So that's a slight gain. Really, tho I should not be surprised, I have been eating rather carelessly for the past few weeks, but I was super focused yesterday, literally right on my cal goal (like bang on) and my protein was fantastic, which is something that I was trying to get going. But seeing the number on that scale this morning (and yes it is really a pound-ish) really got to me. I guess I am really paying the piper now. But since I was already re-setting as of yesterday morning, I don't feel like I will be doing anything drastic. And as I was saying to a friend, the scale doesn't want to play nice but things are again starting to get looser (rings, jeans, shorts etc) so it is what it is. That stupid scale does not define me, and it will not control me!!!!!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    I was super focused yesterday, literally right on my cal goal (like bang on) and my protein was fantastic, which is something that I was trying to get going.

You are a winner! All this stuff is day by day and the payoffs come over time and with comfortably fitting clothes. :)
  • suejo2144
    Options
    @Sandie2102 - 👍
  • suejo2144
    Options
    Lost 1.5lbs quite happy 😊
    SW 234
    LW 229
    TW 227
  • LenGray
    Options
    Way to go @suejo2144!
  • shawnstevennelson1988
    Options
    SW 280
    GW 180
    LW 266
    TH 263.4

Was a great week for me!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Was a great week for me!

That is great! A couple of us did well. Nice job.
  • suejo2144
    Options
  • LenGray
    Options
    It's Weigh-in Time!

GW: 200 (for now)
    SW: 280.7
    LW: 254.8
    TW: 256.7
    Variance: +2.1 lbs
    Overall Lost: -22 lbs

This was just a rough week for me. I was dealing with a lot of stress and emotional issues which absolutely derailed me, even though I thought I was ready for them. I didn't reinforce my healthy habits, drank way too much caffeine and not enough water, ate too many sweets and high-calorie foods, and just generally didn't take care of my body the way that I should have because I was depressed and anxious. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the gain, but I totally get why it happened. Next week, I'm going to try and get back on track with my food and incorporate a bit more self-care and stress-reducing activities to my day.
This discussion has been closed.