Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
edited October 2023 in Social Groups
dazindfalpz1.png
Here is your Team chat room for October 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs for 4 weeks, from October 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other. Please take time to answer the questions.

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    My name is Linda. I am one of the team captains along with Megan. I live in London, Ontario. I am married with 3 adult children. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters. I live with two very fat cats names Lady and Nick. I like to read and play cards.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I started my journey in February 2019. I was in therapy for my binge eating disorder and I realized it was time to do something or I would eat myself into an early grave. I already had diabetes and high cholesterol. I started an account on MFP in December 2018 and decided I was ready in February. I joined this group and I was off to the races. It’s been a long journey with lots of ups and downs. I have lost almost 95 pounds. I am getting close to goal. My diabetes has been well managed and my A1C is in the non diabetic range (less than 6). I no longer take insulin. This is my biggest NSV to date. My reason for being on this journey is I want to be healthy enough to live to see my great grandchildren.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Stress is a big one. Stress = binge eating. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I just count calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    My workouts are limited to the pool and mini walks. I have problems with my back, neuropathy and venous problems in my leg. The nerve pain is tricky to treat but I will be starting a new medication soon which I am praying will help and get me going for walks.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

Exercise 4 to 5 times a week.
    4000 steps or more 6/7 days

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    Support, motivation

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    Never give up. Keep showing up as each day is a clean slate.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Our October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sun, Oct 1st. Please join us and the wonderful @Katmary71 birthday girl herself, for the Eat the Rainbow Challenge! Expand your nutritional goals with us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900540/october-week-1-group-challenge-eat-the-rainbow/p1?new=1

Look forward to seeing you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lis, team motivator for the downsizers. I've been with f2f since August 2021. Started as i had a knee injury and couldn't walk or swim. I was 58 and had to decide if i was going to sit in a chair for the rest of my life and get fatter or lose some weight which would help my knee and get living! With the help of this group I've lost 87lb and I'm living.
    I had my 60th birthday in April and this year i spent 3 months in Morocco in my rv, achieved a life long ambition and visited the Acropolis in Athens, Greece, moved house, seen Robbie williams in concert in malaga, seen Tom Jones in Jerez, and now I'm in the ŕv again for 4 months travelling the coast of Spain on my way to Barcelona!
    It's an amazing life and I'm still losing weight, hoping to reach 100lb loss and my target by Christmas this year!
    I love encouraging other people on their weight loss journey, anything i can do to help, just ask
  • Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I'd like to come back for this month. Would it be possible to just have a restart of my weight?

I weighed myself on Wednesday at the doctors and I was 393.8lb. I'd like that to be my "start again" weight if possible!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I'd like to come back for this month. Would it be possible to just have a restart of my weight?

I weighed myself on Wednesday at the doctors and I was 393.8lb. I'd like that to be my "start again" weight if possible!

Welcome back. Good on you for having the courage to start again. The benefits of losing a bit of weight are worth the effort i promise :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Welcome back! I will get you moved back to the main team from support.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,509

I am adding a new goal for October. I want to close my rings on my Apple Watch daily. I haven’t tried this one for awhile but I think it’s do able. I am off soon to have breakfast with my family. Scales will be up tomorrow from the sodium.

Have a great end to the weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    6l4a9pamaqrt.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,806 Member
    Options
    I am about to set up the step challenge ... If you want to be added please let me know with a step pledge you plan to hit daily ... if you want to be removed please let me know ..Thanks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2023
    Options
    w8vz2cninvfm.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for September week 4 .. Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 10/3/23...If I do not have them in by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ... Thanks for your cooperation :)

@aactuallyaash 9/24 -9/30
    @Mama530 9/30
    @adianeschu 9/24 - 9/30
    @Hotspur11 9/24 - 9/30
    @laquita606 9/24 - 9/30

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other. Please take time to answer the questions.

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc. Hi all, I am Darlene, 63, retired, married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson) and one goldendoodle (Monty). I live on the east coast of the US. Hobbies include boating, knitting, playing games, cooking.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I have been overweight most of my adult life. My husband went back to work (temporarily in January, It was the first time in my adult life being home alone. Thought it was a great time to focus on me, and something just clicked this time. In the past, every time I had a set back I gave up. This time just realized that it part of the process, and you need to just keep going. I started walking - at first just a mile or two. Now up to seven + miles a day.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Salty things, if the bag is open I'll eat it. I buy the individual bags, pre-portioned (if I buy at all).

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb - I am a calorie in, calorie out person. I do use 1/2 of m calories gained by exercise. I find if I don't use any - I'm ravenous and continue to eat. If I eat them all - I don't lose.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month? Walking if my favorite exercise. Last month a friend from another challenge I am in mentioned "Get Fit with Rick". It's kind of a dancing exercise. I'm enjoying it.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year? I am currently 5-6 pounds away from leaving the "obese" category - would like to see that happen by the end of the month. For the year - I'm on a mission to get 2,023 fitbit miles in 2,023. Currently I am 1,793 miles.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? Support, suggestions, accountability.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates. Don't give up; the journey will have
    disappointments - noone is perfect - but if you are determined and consistent you will succeed.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I this where I post my step goal and results? Do I post them daily, or just at the end of the week?

My goal - 110,000 steps

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/24 6696
    9/25 7940
    9/26 8556
    9/27 8295
    9/28 8177
    9/29 7313
    9/30 7582
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,530 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    weigh in day sunday
    pw: 131 pounds
    cw: 131 pounds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I this where I post my step goal and results? Do I post them daily, or just at the end of the week?

My goal - 110,000 steps

Yes you post your steps here ... You can post them daily or at the end of the week its up to you ...I always do a friendly reminder of the people's steps I need on Sundays

I will get you added to the step challenge
This discussion has been closed.