Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Great discussion on sleep. Here is some sleep hygiene tips.

bwot15jaqo01.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2023
    Options
    b8ngwur3eigy.jpeg

@nachdeezy

has agreed to become a team motivator. He has been on the most amazing weight loss journey and is a great cheerleader to us all.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PW-222.6
    CW-220.6
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    9/24-7482
    9/25-8241
    9/26-7158
    9/27-7264
    9/28-8921
    9/29-10431
    9/30-4357
    step challenge 7,000, I still want to do the step challenge
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,919 Member
    Options
    @slimmersixies ~ I would like to be under 200 so my target is 199! Thanks for doing the mini challenge!
  • itladyee
    Options
    Daily Goals
    - Eating only at Hunger Level 3 and staying below calorie target
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) :
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill
    - Limit alcohol calories

- THOUGHTS: New beginnings...

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/1 6,866
    10/2 4,864
    10/3
    10/4
    10/5
    10/6
    10/7

@heretochange88 ~ good luck with your program! You got this!!!

@nachdeezy ~ Congrats on becoming a team motivator! You already were motivating without the title :)
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Thanks for posting those numbers - I need that bigger picture goal.

A couple of wobbly days food-wise, but I have been true to my step count. Was up and out this morning first thing and got more than half those steps in already.

I am hosting a birthday party for my mom on Thursday evening, which also means that I am cooking. Cleaning house + party food prep + family has a bunch of triggers for me. Hope to find a few minutes to do some proactive strategizing prior. Just putting this out here to the group is definitely part of that - ask me how I did on Friday!

Thanks, team!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    @NachDeezy thank you for stepping in as one of our team motivators :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe my little girl who is not little anymore turns 18 on 10/5/23 ... Where does time go? LOL
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

I'm Tori! I'm a clinical therapist, so I sit a lot and I try to take walks in between clients. I get a little too comfy sitting and then I go home and sit, so I'm trying to be more active. I'm from Nebraska, USA and have been born and raised there my entire life. I have a close family with nieces and nephews, but no littles of my own (by choice). I have a cat that I adore so much! I also love to read, hang out with my friends, and watch dramatic shows on Netflix.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I was at my highest weight prior to a break-up I experienced this year and I just couldn't do that anymore. I knew it was time for a change. I knew I had it in me and I needed to figure it out for myself.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

My triggers are when I feel low or overwhelmed, food is my comfort. I can avoid it by feeling my feelings instead of trying to eat them.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

No, I have been trying to get into tracking my calories, but that's all.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?

I enjoy cardio and weight lifting. I'm trying to work on getting stronger, too.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

My biggest goal is to use October to get back into working out. I fell off in September and I got busy and used too many excuses, so I want to re-commit myself to my goals.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

I look forward to all the support and motivation! It seems like a wonderful group of people!
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in my weigh-in, I was out of town at a concert! So, I plan to properly weigh in this week. I know I did not eat quite like I should have so I am a bit nervous to step on the scale.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, I can't wait to continue posting and being apart of such a supportive group!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @Slimmersixties I would like to be 160 pounds - a stretch, but hope I can make it.

you got this!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Christmas Challenge

I am running a mini challenge for our team to commit to a weight loss we'd like to achieve as a gift to ourselves for Christmas!

If anyone else would like to join, just let me know the weight you will be be 24th December. I'll add you to the chart and then update it on a regular basis

Here are the latest results

this was awesome to see.. thanks for the update my friend <3
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-222.6
    CW-220.6

yesssss! way to do it!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    torih941 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in my weigh-in, I was out of town at a concert! So, I plan to properly weigh in this week. I know I did not eat quite like I should have so I am a bit nervous to step on the scale.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, I can't wait to continue posting and being apart of such a supportive group!

whatever that number is, just treat it as the start.. we will rock it together from there.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    @slimmersixies ~ I would like to be under 200 so my target is 199! Thanks for doing the mini challenge!

heck yeah, my friend.. lets do this!
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Lol, seeing my goal in print looks scary. Then I thought, I didn't pledge 10 pounds. My goal is 179. Please correct. Thank you so much for offering this mini-challenge.

I should be able to make it, but I don't know. The pounds seem to be sticking like glue.
  • itladyee
    Options
    Daily Goals
    - Eating only at Hunger Level 3 and staying below calorie target
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) :
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill
    - Limit alcohol calories

- THOUGHTS: New beginnings...

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/1 6,866
    10/2 4,864
    10/3 8,552
    10/4
    10/5
    10/6
    10/7
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-222.6
    CW-220.6

Very nice loss!
    itladyee wrote: »

Onderland here you come.
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @Slimmersixties Thanks for posting those numbers - I need that bigger picture goal.

A couple of wobbly days food-wise, but I have been true to my step count. Was up and out this morning first thing and got more than half those steps in already.

I am hosting a birthday party for my mom on Thursday evening, which also means that I am cooking. Cleaning house + party food prep + family has a bunch of triggers for me. Hope to find a few minutes to do some proactive strategizing prior. Just putting this out here to the group is definitely part of that - ask me how I did on Friday!

Thanks, team!

You inspired me this morning to go get my exercise before I did anything else. Thanks! If things get hard, take a couple of moments to yourself and deep breath. I always use the excuse I have to go to the bathroom. No one will argue with that. lol Look in the mirror, take some deep breaths and tell yourself “ I can do this “.
    torih941 wrote: »

I encourage you to weigh anyway. We are here for the good, the bad and the ugly. No matter what the scales say, we will support you. When the scale doesn’t cooperate, look at any NSV’s you had during the week. Welcome to the team.

This discussion has been closed.