• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    ~Step Challenge FINAL Results ~
    September WEEK FOUR
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 5 (-2)
    Total Steps: 278,119 (-23.5% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 55,624 (down a little from last week)

Total Steps for the month: 1,811,471
    The Leaderboard -

@GarysGirl78 - 89,244 total | 12,749 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @daria0919 - 70,920 total | 10,131 average
    @addy0427 - 60,078 total | 8,583 average
    @BodyTalking - 39,505 total | 5,644 average
    @melaniedscott - 18,371 total | 2,624 average - Most Consistent!!!

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day! But what happened to my steppers? We started with 9 and ended with 5. That's okay, though...I started this post on Wednesday and here it is ... Friday morning and I'm only just now posting it.

I'm going do do a little plug for the step challenge in Oct for all our new and returning peeps. I think I said this before but I'll say it again....If you would like to join our step challenge, post the previous week's steps before...6 pm CST (11 pm UTC). We track Sun-Sat. So this is Sept's final post and Sept's first week (Octt 1-7) will get posted Oct 11ish. Some people post by the day, some do weekly total. What ever is most comfortable for you.

If you think, oh, I don't do that well, I don't get that many steps, I would always be at the bottom...take a look at my steps...it takes work to step less than me...

As you can see above, we do a shoutout for most steps in a day and most consistent. If you post weekly only, you won't be in the running there. Sometimes, I make other "awards" up. I almost got biggest slacker again this but I was too tired....

For all my wailing, we had about 400K more steps this month vs August.

I put the challenge out this month again: Can we break 2 million this month? We were really close this month.
  • addy0427
    addy0427 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Addy0427
    Weigh in days: Fridays
    PW: 225.4
    CW: 226.8

Good morning! Man this is a slow process and I am trying not to get discouraged 🫤 Reminding myself that this body wasn’t built in a day and it will take time to drop the pounds. Trying to get back in the grove of things. Weekends are tough for me due to the lack of structure in my day. Will focus on mindful eating this weekend. Wish me luck!!
  • addy0427
    addy0427 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will participate in the steps challenge again this month 🎃 tkskrmf9mz6k.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    3tansunnee wrote: »

Thank you for your advice. I'll do my best tonight.

I also feel quite tired one week into ketosis. I do drink lots of water, 2.5l daily. I hope it's not my chronic fatigue flaring up.

@3tansunnee -

It might be the "keto flu", which is what a lot of people experience when they don't consume enough electrolytes while on the keto diet (electrolytes = sodium, potassium, magnesium). We tend to get electrolytes from fruits and salty food, both of which are often avoided when doing keto.

If you're looking for advice, I'd recommend investing in an electrolyte powder to mix into your water, or potassium/magnesium supplements. But also, I'm not a doctor. I'm just a scientist who's also working on her personal training certification. If you don't want to experiment with ways to get around this fatigue, talk to a professional.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hi teammates,

I am attending a roundtable dinner tomorrow evening. Does anyone have experience tracking their calories when eating in public? I don't think it's nice to bring a food scale with me, hehe. The best I can do is to approximate the amount of food I consume. Any ideas?

Thanks. We're all champions.

Sun

@3tansunnee - Hi! When I eat away from home and don't feel comfortable tracking then and there, I take a picture of my plate with my phone so that I can more accurately log when I get back home. I still have to approximate the serving sizes but, like you said, we do the best we can.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    GinLee61
    Friday weigh-in

PW: 157.5
    CW: 157.1

Inching back down. This is my lowest weight since mid-July and I'm hoping this 3 week trend continues. Next week is both my birthday and my anniversary and I know I'll be eating out at least twice.

I recently switched to a different app for tracking, one that tracks many, many more nutrients and I feel like it is more accurate since I don't think users can save custom foods to the general database. I can still add a food if it's not in the database but it only saves to my own custom foods. We'll see how it goes. I plan to continue using MFP to log my total calories/exercise each day since I prefer the MFP reports. The MFP community forums are much better as well.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 502 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 192.0
    CW 191.2
    GW (Oct) 185
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Macro counting.

Well - definitely not as much as I’d hoped. I weigh every morning and was a pound lighter on Wednesday. Last night we got done with our weight lifting class at 7pm, so dinner was late. I normally don’t eat after 8pm, but my husband made popcorn on the stove at 9pm, and my macros were off yesterday. Maybe this means I’ll show a bigger loss next week.

I started 2 weeks ago at 196, so I feel like I’ve practically ground to a halt. BUT - my pants are easier to put on this week (the newish pair I have on now are definitively loose), and my waist feels more “trim”. I’ve been worried that I’m not eating enough to put on muscle, but maybe I am, and that’s why I didn’t post much of a loss. I need to put a smart scale on my Christmas list.

Normally, I’d give up at this point, throw my hands up and say it’s not working. But, I’m going to stick with it for the month and see.
  • sydditt
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi teammates,

I am attending a roundtable dinner tomorrow evening. Does anyone have experience tracking their calories when eating in public? I don't think it's nice to bring a food scale with me, hehe. The best I can do is to approximate the amount of food I consume. Any ideas?

Thanks. We're all champions.

Sun

I would try to stick with foods that you know you’ll be able to count later. Try to do mostly protein & fat, stay away from anything that looks like a carb/starch. For dessert, have a cup of coffee or tea.

If it ends up being hopeless, I count it as a cheat meal, a chance to reset the metabolism, and start again the next morning.

Good luck!
  • Marcy2890
    Marcy2890 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Happy October Everyone!

We just got back to Canada after 2 weeks in Mexico last night and after 2 weeks of eating and drinking I’m not up as much as I thought I would be 🙂

Username: marcy2890
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    PW: 141.9 lbs
    CW: 143.2 lbs

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 192.0
    CW 191.2
    GW (Oct) 185
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Macro counting.

Well - definitely not as much as I’d hoped. I weigh every morning and was a pound lighter on Wednesday. Last night we got done with our weight lifting class at 7pm, so dinner was late. I normally don’t eat after 8pm, but my husband made popcorn on the stove at 9pm, and my macros were off yesterday. Maybe this means I’ll show a bigger loss next week.

I started 2 weeks ago at 196, so I feel like I’ve practically ground to a halt. BUT - my pants are easier to put on this week (the newish pair I have on now are definitively loose), and my waist feels more “trim”. I’ve been worried that I’m not eating enough to put on muscle, but maybe I am, and that’s why I didn’t post much of a loss. I need to put a smart scale on my Christmas list.

Normally, I’d give up at this point, throw my hands up and say it’s not working. But, I’m going to stick with it for the month and see.

Giving up is not allowed (😀).
    This is a great group and taking baby steps to make small changes one week at a time and sticking with us daily and weekly is the way to go.

I only lose a tiny bit each week, but these tiny bits are adding up after 1 month.

You can do it!!
  • sydditt
    Options
    Thanks, Daria. I gave up and just ordered the smart scale. It arrives tomorrow. If I’m not going to lose weight fast, then hopefully tracking some of the other changes going on will help keep me motivated.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 212
    Cw- 211.6
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 81.3 kg/179.24 lb
    Current weight: 81.1 kg/178.79 lb

Goodness me! I haven't been in all week?! Too many other things on my mind I guess.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The October Week 2 Group Challenge is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Oct 8th. Please join us for the 7 Days 7 Minutes Challenge. Hope to see you in the chat thread!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10901066/october-week-2-group-challenge-7-days-7-minutes-challenge#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

Sun: 7960
    Mon: 3234
    Tues 3788
    Wed 4103