October mini squat challenge

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,865 Member
    Options
    No squats for me today. I am lucky I can even walk today! Ouch!

Shell
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Day 18. Did 95 squats today. Not all at once. Just spread them out.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,244 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Day 13 - 2x25 +20 = 70

Back at it after slacking a few days. No more kettles my back is killing me.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Rest Day

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy I am sorry your back is hurting. I know a little bit about back pain.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Did my back and hip routine. Then bench 3 sets of presses X 10 with 48 pounds. Curls, military presses and squats with kettle bell. Just did them without counting.

Shelletf
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing leg strengthening because my knees are so bad. It's a Catch 22, exercise damages the joint but no exercise weakens the legs. But looking at this challenge reminded me of TRX, so I'll try that.

Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,326 Member
    Options
    3X10 regular squats and 3X10 TRX squats today.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Day 14

3 x 25 squats, 10 mins YouTube stretching video, 10 mins abs workout, 10,000+ steps, 45 mins recumbent bike.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Perfect Paula. We just have to Do Something!

Hi Chris. You have that TRX going on also.

Kathy you are rocking it!

I did 0 pushups and 10 flights up stairs.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Rest day. Mom had MRI today so took her to breakfast and a little shopping after.

Telephone conference call with her neuro oncologist in the afternoon. The results were very good except for one small spec which they are going to take another look at in six weeks. As always we choose to be positive.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Is it possible to pull thigh muscles? Climbing a ladder, my right leg failed lifting on the last rung. Maybe the extra weight was too much. Odd, cuz I climbed it fine last month. Anyway, three days of rest and Advil.

My TRX is right next to the kitchen. When my leg's okay, I'll try five squats every time I go in the kitchen. Wimpy, yeah, but baby steps...

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    KAR1959 wrote: »
    Mom had MRI today so took her to breakfast and a little shopping after.
    The results were very good except for one small spec which they are going to take another look at in six weeks. As always we choose to be positive.

Kathy

Kathy,

If vibrations helps (and maybe they do), please know my heart is joining in the positivity. <3

Paula

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy we all need a rest day. And yours was not rest. I choose to be positive with you. Here is to more birthdays.

Paula I think you can injure thigh muscles. Charlie horse maybe? They can be so bad sometimes. I love the baby steps.

I am not counting my squats. I put on some music and did them with a light kettle bell. It was fun. 50 pound bench presses, curls and other weight exercises. Followed by my back/hip stretches.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Day 15

Squats 4x20, YouTube standing abs workout, 45 mins recumbent bike and 10,000+ steps.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy great job!

My bench press was 54 pounds today. I did squats with kettles and the rest of yesterday’s routine.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Day 16

Squats - 3 x 30

Kathy
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,326 Member
    Options
    3X10 regular squats and 3X10 TRX squats today...plus all my Collin squats!!!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I started doing kitchen-entrance TRX squats this afternoon. So far only once, but it's a start.
    paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Did really deep slow squats yesterday which were too much for my left knee. So I'm switching to more reps of easier, shallower and faster squats today.

Paula