BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 80.5 kg/177.47 lb
    Current weight: 79.8 kg/176 lb
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm feeling much better now and, although I've got my appetite back, I'm still not eating that much, which has shown in the weight loss this week. It's definitely about how much you consume!

It's soup season in our house - my husband has made chicken soup and cauliflower soup this week and is planning to make broccoli and blue cheese next - this is definitely helping me get an easy, satisfying meal that is nutritious and not too filling, and, I believe, is good for the insides and weight loss.

It's our anniversary today, 22 years married, 32 together. We went out last night and I thoroughly enjoyed the Mexican meal, washed down with margaritas, that we had.

🍹🌮🍹🌮🍹

A little late into about me:
    I'm Scottish, live in Czechia, teach English, design and make things to sell online, did stained glass and jewellery but doing digital images and print-on-demand now, and I like collecting sea glass whenever I get a holiday by the beach.

I'm in my 50s and have the usual weight and flab problems for this age. Getting to this body-change-age during the covid lockdowns had a huge impact on my activity levels and weight gain and now I'm struggling to get back to what feels normal.

I joined F2F last November and was doing really well, full of motivation, then went backwards. Anyway, I'm still here, still need the support network and hope I can play a part in supporting you too.

🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃
  • BodyTalking
    edited November 2023
    Options
    🍲🥗🫐🍵🚰

🚶🏼‍♀️🏋️🧘🛌
    🟰
    ⚖️💝

What and how little you
    consume aids weight loss.
    How much you exercise and
    how you do it aids health.

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories
    I've just read this and, having seen my inactivity versus low consumption recently, this makes sense. I've been on-board with the eat less than you use method for a while now (rather than trying to burn off excess to compensate). Yes, I lapsed, but it definitely seems like a habit-forming sustainable way for the long term.

(I can't seem to add an image - more MFP glitches?)
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Sunday

PW: 197.4
    CW: 196.7
  • daria0919
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Thanks for that very informative article @BodyTalking !! This is exactly what I’ve found with my body for years and years! The first time I tried to lose weight I had no time for exercise other than whatever walking I naturally did all day. I simply followed a reduced calorie plan and lost the 25 extra pounds I had been carrying without any official extra exercise.
    Even now, with this new WONDERFUL group we have here I have found that I need to stick to less than 1500 calories of food intake regardless of how much exercise I do or don’t do. I never assume my extra calories burned doing exercise or walking allow me extra food. Ideally, it’s very simple for me. At my age, 64, if I simply stayed under 1500 calories every single day I’ll lose weight. The key phrase is “every single day”.
    My personal issue is I let my total calorie intake creep up to 1800-1900 calories some days of the week and several days of the week I’m under the 1500 calories, hence the slow weight loss or sometimes slight weight gain.

But, again, I know not to count any of my exercise calories earned as part of my weight loss. I know I do it just for all the health benefits.

Thanks again @BodyTalking!
  • uclaxtina
    uclaxtina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 180.8
    CW: 182

I’m sorry I missed my weigh in day yesterday I had a busy week and completely dropped the ball. Hoping to get back on track with logging and nutrition this week.
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    November 5

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: October 28 - 208.0
    Current Weight: November 5 - 208.0

Steps
    Sunday - 7284
    Monday - 7527
    Tuesday - 8003
    Wednesday - 4768
    Thursday - 4364
    Friday - 4625
    Saturday - 7674

Total - 44245 steps
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    3n2v9cf44dsf.jpeg
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Thanks @daria0919 it's good to know that it really does work for you but, yes, every day - that's the hard part. It's so easy to go over. I'm trying to stick to two main meals a day, leaving any snacks or drinks as my third 'meal' quota. I also feel that the calories in needs to be low to make a difference on the scales. I hadn't worked out just how much, so your figure makes sense.
  • daria0919
    Options
    0m8x5la5btst.jpeg
    c7wl3rk5bcw2.jpeg
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this morning, I ate and did some hard yard work and then when I got home, I was going to weigh in. I didn't stand on the scale for it to lock in my weight, all I saw was up like 6lbs or something so idk if that is true, I HOPE NOT so I am skipping my weigh in today and will weigh in next week!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

cy5gttt0930h.png
    q4qy2obscspq.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    hynqs0a9nfe5.png

By Pounds
    d2dgaipairf1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    g1515zkio4k5.png
    7yelxue2xxwe.png

By Pounds
    qfgzc837i4va.png

Team Winners
    267c4f94rg30.png
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps total for last week: 40,434
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    50khjqa4wjdv.jpeg

Steps for last week
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    With reference to what I posted earlier, I said I hadn't worked out the calories I needed to make a change. That wasn't quite true, I had calculated the numbers below but I haven't managed to get the ideal number that works for me.
    Caloric needs based on BMR and activity levels:
    ▪️General maintenance caloric needs [me]: Body weight lb [177] x 15 = 2655
    Aim for 1655 to 2155 caloric consumption
    🔹BMR for adult female [me]: 1975
    655 + 761 + 315 - 244= 1975
    655 + (4.3 x weight lb [177]= 761.1) + (4.7 x height inch [67]= 314.9) – (4.7 x age [52]= 244.4) = BMR 1975.4
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GarysGirl78
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 64.1kg / 141.3 lbs
    CW: 63.5 kg / 140 lbs
  • daria0919
    Options
    I’ve decided that for my steps my goal is to get 7000+ steps each day.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Stimpy56 wrote: »
    Well the Halloween party and Candy got me this week :( . Time to get back on track for next week. Go Team!

@Stimpy56 - Oh boy, Halloween candy got me pretty good this year too. What's your candy of choice?

Kit Kats and Butterfingers.

• izzified
    izzified Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day Wednesdays
    PW: 331 lbs
    CW: 331 lbs
This discussion has been closed.