Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 11/08/2023

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,280 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: On the whole, what types of beverages do you consume during the day?

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,280 Member
    Options
    I drink at least two cups of coffee during the day, occasionally more. I may also drink tea (hot or iced) in the afternoon. But, mostly, I drink a lot of water. I actually like water.

I will occasionally have a soda - but not often. Usually diet.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,094 Member
    Options
    12 cup pot of black coffee, 3-4 Diet Coke cans, up to 4, 1/2 Liters of sparkling waters, and up to 4, 12 oz cand sparkling water, plus innumerable glasses of plain water.
    End of this month the 3-year mark if not drinking alcohol, so no wine, beer of hard liquor.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Al, that is a mind-boggling amount of liquid if it is daily -- it would mean at least 20 trips to the bathroom per day for me.

I do 3-4 cans of Diet Coke, maybe a couple glasses of water daily. Up to 4 wine or cocktail in a week.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,094 Member
    Options
    Al, that is a mind-boggling amount of liquid if it is daily -- it would mean at least 20 trips to the bathroom per day for me.

I do 3-4 cans of Diet Coke, maybe a couple glasses of water daily. Up to 4 wine or cocktail in a week.

Yes, daily. And yes to the bathroom trips too. ;)
    One reason is that I'm prone to dehydration, and I AM prone, and then fall down and go boom.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 Cups of coffee
    2 cans of spatkling water
    An occasional can of diet coke.
    No alcohol of any kind since my stroke on Sept 4

Al, all I can say is wow!
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    1 cup of coffee in the morning. Probably 3-5 cans of soda (mostly diet coke, but occasional other sodas too, always sugar free). Trying (as always) to limit alcohol to weekends.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
    Options
    Occasional cup of decaffeinated coffee but 99% water flavored with natural active immune and vitamin supplement in it.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    Coffee, 2 cups 1/2 caf, 1 decaf or maybe 2. Trying to limit my no caffeine Diet Coke to 1 per day sometimes successful. Unsweet ice tea if we go out to eat. In the south you have to designate unsweet. Lots of water. The WW water requirement was never an issue.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    One 8 oz cup of coffee in the morning. 60 oz of water during the day, or 40 oz of water and 40 oz iced tea if eating out. One beer perhaps every other evening. That comb8nation keeps me hydrated enough to keep things moving without spending all my time in the bathroom.