Welcome

Options
124»

Replies

• CoryAHall
    CoryAHall Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am Cory Hall! Age 28, I had a cramp in the back of my neck I was later told by "experts" was a nerve pinch or something. It caused the left side of my body to become numb to the point where I was unable to hold a glass or anything and I had a sever limp as I could not feel my leg. Seeing a chiropractor and being fortunate enough that my step mother was a message therapist I returned to functioning status. This was when I was 18 years of age.

Since then I have bounced between healthy eating and being somewhat fit to eating like a generic american and being as fit as a gamer working fast food. After my experiences in Oroville CA the last 6 years I decided to get very serious about my life and to start my path to enhanced living with FITNESS!

Of course I was broke and could not afford equipment, gym membership, or an overly complicated diet plan, what to do? where to turn? Well I used YouTube to learn about in home routines, ect, I could do until I could afford more.

Now I am 5 years into my learning process and I now have developed a Training routine of my own, I will post my Routine soon as well for others to checkout as they see fit. Thanks to my Brother I now have a Gym membership as well.

My Routine is based on what I can currently preform with proper form. (always working on it though.) As well as around my personal limitations i.e. my bad hip (left), bad shoulder (left), carpel tunnel wrist (left) and bad Knee (left). As you can see my left side is still a problem for me but it does not hinder my workouts to much.

Finally I will be tracking my progress through, as I call it, my journey to enhanced living through Fitness, Fashion, Nutrition, Nature, Knowledge, and Fun! Your all invited to check it out on my YouTube Channel: Ready?Set.Life!
  • Ray_4331
    Ray_4331 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    At 55 I finally decided to get healthy. MFP is just what I needed to loose almost 45lbs this year. Now on maintenance, up and down within a 5 lb range for the most part, but hoping to get back to the lower side of it after Halloween…

Start of the year I also realized I had been loosing muscle over the years and needed to address that. I’ve been going to the gym this year, but was doing more tread mill than strength training. This fall when I switched to maintenance, I realized how much more important strength training would be so I dialed back the cardio and hit the weights hard. A trainer at PF helped me set up much better workouts and I can see and feel the difference!

One Chest & Triceps, another on Back and Biceps and third on Legs and Hips!

Just got a functional trainer so I can do some more stuff at home, focusing on supporting muscles and mobility.

Just happy to finally have some muscles, lost the fat so I can see them and not I can even to pull ups and chins ups!!!! Oh so happy!