Living The Lifestyle - Monday 11/27/23

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,940 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: In a pickle

Nope,Mathis is not a pickleball post. It’s about pickles. Do you eat them? Any particular type or style or brand?

Replies

• crewahl
    Options
    I’m stuck on Mt. Olive No Sugar Added pickles - generally, the bread and butter chips. WW has them classified as a zero point food, so I can eat them with no impact to daily points. They’ve been more important to me in the past than they are now, I’ll admit.

(What started this topic? I broke into the homemade hot bread and butter pickles my neighbor made with pickles and peppers from her garden at lunch today. Suffice it to say they’re not gonna last long.)
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,274 Member
    Options
    My mother hated dill pickles, but she canned a ton of sweet pickles. While I am fine with sweet pickles, I truly prefer dill pickles of any sort; but I really love Kosher dills. Bread and butter are good, but it's the dill for me, please.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,003 Member
    Options
    Dill, sliced or whole, kosher, bread & butter, their not pickles but I love pickled okra.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    I would not touch a pickle of any kind if you paid me!
  • crewahl
    Options
    imastar2 wrote: »
    Dill, sliced or whole, kosher, bread & butter, their not pickles but I love pickled okra.

Not an okra guy, but I’ll admit I love pickled cauliflower and pickled watermelon rind. (Separately, of course; I’m not a savage! 😉)
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Don't eat many pickles now (salt), but ate all sorts including sweet, dill, and my favorite, half-sours.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love pickles. Pretty much all kinds. I can think of some varieties that I am not quite as fond of, but really they're all good. (I'm talking about vegetables and fruits -- herring or pig's feet, nuh-uh. Pickled eggs aren't too exciting either.)

My current favorite is Bubbie's kosher dill. Because it is fermented and no sugar, it feels somehow healthier. I know all the salt is not so good for me. I usually buy the smaller ones so that I eat a little less per serving. I also really like olives, especially the green ones -- with a bit of herb flavoring, or garlic stuffed.

My mind is wandering now -- pickled peaches, mustard chow chow, fried pickles, lime pickle (an Indian condiment), dill green tomatoes, sauerkraut, kimchi -- mmmmmmm.
  • crewahl
    Options
    -- herring or pig's feet, nuh-uh.

I grew up with German cooking, but it’s been a while since I had pickled pigs feet. Now I’ve got a craving . . . . 🤯