Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
0c630y7ge686.png
Here is your Team chat room for December 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The December challenge runs for 4 weeks, from December 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the last month of 2023 begin!!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Well shoot I posted earlier and it's gone, no clue what happened but I'd come back to add my steps for the day, all my responses are gone too darnit.

I'm Kathy and I'm Mission Slimpossibles Team Motivator, we are led by the wonderful @trooworld and awesome @broncobuddy. I came back to MFP almost 5 years ago when my weight loss stalled and joined this group in the first couple months, we're an amazing family and I'm happy you're here with us! I have chronic pain/chronic health issues and am currently 5 weeks out from a back fusion (L3-L4)/fusion revision (L3-S1) and it went pretty well, my standing, walking, and back stability have improved. My legs and feet are taking longer to recover but I'm still hopeful I'll have more nerve improvement. I have one more week of home PT then when I see my surgeon on the 13th I'll probably be referred to a physical therapy clinic. I'm walking and/or doing chair cardio plus two rounds of my PT stuff a day. I volunteer with the food bank farm and a local charity, have a big garden of my own, and do some claims filing. I love reading and gardening then enjoy movies/TV and concerts, farmer's markets, and craft fairs. Exercising, losing weight, and eating healthy has helped me get most of my chronic conditions like diabetes under control.

Let's crush this December!

Steps for today: 5000 (I'm aiming for 4000)
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I found your post in Downsizers team chat...hehehe.

Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 158 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 156 lbs.

Hello,
    My name is Veta from NW Indiana. I'm 49 year's old and luck to have been a homemaker all my life. I have a King Charles Spaniel named Benny and 3 grown sons. As of recently, cooking new healthy recipes has become an enjoyable experience. I also enjoy listening to music and reading.
    Let's have a success December!
    December Goals
    To weigh 150 lbs. by New Years. That's a 6 pound loss.
    Healthy Eating Goals
    • Continue to log everything I eat and drink everyday.
    • Continue to eat fewer calories each day without intentionally restricting any essential nutrients.
    • Continue to drink plenty of water.
    • Continue not eat after 7 in the evening.
    Fitness Goals
    • Continue to exercise atleast 30 minutes everyday.
    • Continue to do a 1 minute plank every day.
    • Continue to do 50 sit ups every day.
    • Continue to do atleast one HIIT workout every week.
    Wellness Goals
    • Go to bed the same time every night.
    • Get at least 7 hours continuous sleep a night.
    • Make a plans to meet a friend/family for breakfast/lunch once a week.

So I had a doctor's appointment for my annual physical exam...lol. What a joke. She didn't check my blood pressure, heart rate, respiration, ears, nose, sinuses, eyes, lymph nodes, or thyroid glands. (And I have hypothyroidism) So what did she do? She listen to my heart and lungs with a stethoscope, ordered a mammogram and my regular blood tests and completed me on my weight loss. It's so difficult for me to find a good doctor, someone who does more than type stuff on a computer.

💪Mission Slimpossible Srong! 💪

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone and HELLO DECEMBER!

The end of the month will be my 1 year anniversary with the group. I officially started the new year with you all. It’s been a great year with your support. Thank you all!

I lost 20+ lbs with you all. Got to 30 but since my husband’s accident I have gained some back and have been on the struggle bus. I’m excited to get things back in order for December.

Welcome to all the new people that have joined our amazing group. I need to catch up with everyone.

My re-intro.

I’m a mom of 3 (2 adults and a teen). I keep busy keeping up with my family these days.

I’m also originally from Northern Indiana although I moved around quite a bit.

My plan is low carb, 3 meals and 2 snacks, 1200 calories, 10k steps goal and strength training. If I stick to it, it works.

Goals for this month: meal planning/prep, water goals, exercise 3x a week and checking in daily.

Mentally preparing for January, I start all my doctor visits and want to really jump on my next 20-30 lbs, then be onto maintenance in 2024.

@Katmary71 I hope you’re feeling much better. I imagine the physical therapy will get you where you want to be.

@Veta2018 it really is hard to find a doctor who covers everything. I found an amazing internal meds doc and then he moved to Singapore. Now to find another 😬

Well all I will try to be better and keeping up with posts this month. Enjoy your weekend☃️
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is a little more than 1 yr old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. For exercise, I recently bought a walking pad (like a more compact treadmill). I also like to walk with my husband and friends.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AmbersWay Congrats again on your 20 lbs down!

byabf7judbma.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @badnoodle You look incredible! I love that dress. You are so pretty!

@Veta2018 Thank you! I love white bean chicken chili, I've got one of those recipes, too. Delicious! I have a collection of over 8,174 recipes cataloged in this website/app called "Plan to Eat". If you ever need a recipe for anything, let me know, I've probably got it! Lol That must have been scary with your husband. I'm glad he's ok. Congrats on the 5 lbs in November, that is awesome! Congrats on the loss today! I'm sorry the doctor's appt was a letdown.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I know, right? I did do an app called "Too Good to Go" which seems similar to Flashfood, it has nearly expired/expired foods, last-minute pastries, and produce that the stores are going to throw away anyway so I got a bag full of grocery products for $5.99 yesterday that was probably worth $25. Good luck with getting Sydney moved in. I love your nails! So cute.

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 That stinks! I'm sorry that happened. Great job with your steps, you are starting out strong!

@AmbersWay Congrats on your excellent progress, 20 lbs down wow!

Hi all. I have a busy day ahead of me. Lots of running around. I have to eat lunch at 10:30 am because of my busy day. :( I'm going to a jewelry party today: the artist is someone from work who makes jewelry and is having a sale of her jewelry at her house today. It should be fun.

Have you filled out the 2-question survey regarding a chatting app yet? Please fill it out by Next Friday December 8th at noon PST:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVC0rw6EnCOge1m07d_MYPJgR56_-T9wqkIrdx7TqBlPSRaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 4,497 out of 7,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,490 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71

I found your post on the Downsizers team chat. I did the same thing a few months ago.

Hi everyone! I'm Kathy and I'm Mission Slimpossibles team motivator, we have the wonderful @trueworld and awesome @broncobuddee as our team captains. I'm 52 and live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats. I've been on MFP this round and in in this group going on 5 years next month (think I started this team a few months after I joined and it's the one group that stuck). I just had a lower back fusion (L3-L4)/fusion revision (L3-S1) and am a month out, I'm currently doing home PT and walking plus chair cardio when I'm not up for walking. I volunteer at the food bank farm, have a garden, am secretary for a local charity, and do some part-time claims stuff when I can. Weight is up a little but I'm focusing on maintaining for now. I have chronic pain/nerve issues and health issues and am focused on staying as healthy as I can and hopefully get my pain decreased.

@trooworld I'm so glad things are better with the pups, I was worried about them. I ended up getting a tea sampler instead of an advent calendar, it had really good reviews but the tumeric ginger didn't have much flavor. Hopefully it's the only dud and I picked a bad one to start with! Good luck with the pups tonight!

@BadNoodle Oh you look beautiful! Great NSV to be posting a full-body photo rockin that dress!

@Veta2018 Oh no I'm sorry to hear about your night in the hospital, upper back and shoulder pain can feel a lot like something is wrong with the heart and if BP is higher from pain it confuses things. I hope the cortisone shots kick in fast! I was talking with two other people who have had multiple back surgeries and we were all saying we wished we could stay on steroids all the time. 150Lbs here you come!

@vegan4lyfe2012 DavidsTea is really good, a friend on MFP sent me a couple to try and they were so good. Like I said to Chris I'm hoping I started with a dud one as this tea had great Amazon reviews but of course can't always trust reviews. I should've asked here first! That'll definitely be fun for you and Hunter to do. Your nails are beautiful and festive!

My step goal is going to be around 4000, I'm not at that yet but am headed out for the night and plan to be walking around.

Let's have a great December!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The December Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Dec 3rd. I hope you'll join us for the "Hello December Challenge" and get your fitness fix on! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904491/december-week-1-group-challenge-hello-december-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread.
    Jessica :blush:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 - Congrats on walking 2023 miles this year! That is quite an accomplishment!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm glad things are better with the pups, too! I'm glad that there are other teas in the sampler that you may enjoy. I ordered a beauty advent calendar from Macy's. It has 25 days worth of stuff, I can't wait to get it!

@Cornanda Thankfully, no, dogs were good! Even when I fed them (I put them in their crates to be fed).

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@Veta2018 You are welcome. Every Black Friday, they give a 50% off discount. Doesn't matter whe you joined, you can add onto your membership for half off. I do it every year! We are getting a tree today, I hope. I hate not having it up yet. Are you okay? You said you aren't in the mood to do Christmas shopping...I hope you are okay.

Hi all. I enjoyed the jewelry party yesterday, I was able to get a gift for my best friend as well as a gift for me! Today, I have to fix our toilet. I've tasked my husband with the job but it's been not flushing fully for 2 months and I've finally said screw it, I'll do it myself. I've watched some YouTube videos and it looks like a very easy fix.

Have you filled out the 2-question survey regarding a chatting app yet? Please fill it out by Next Friday December 8th at noon PST:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVC0rw6EnCOge1m07d_MYPJgR56_-T9wqkIrdx7TqBlPSRaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 3,760 out of 7,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146
    CW: 145.8

I will be back to post later today after my grandkiddos go home:)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 274
    C. W. 272
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Username: badnoodle
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 182.2
    SW: 283.4

I'm badnoodle, and I live in Morgantown, WV with my partner, two cats, and a truly absurd number of cardboard boxes from shopping online. (I need to make a trip to the recycler in the very near future). I have been losing weight with the help of Ozempic since February. But my bloodwork and chronic diseases are looking much better, and I seem to be on top of my latest outbreak of B.E.D., so November was generally a win all-around.

This morning was one hell of a scale victory - 100 lbs lost from my highest weight. I've been counting from my weight back in February when I got serious about blood sugar management, but that wasn't actually my heaviest. Three figures of loss. Hu-freaking-zah.

For December, I have the specific goals of going to yoga class at least twice a week, and honestly logging everyday. For stretch goals, I'd like to get in 7000 steps or 30 active minutes every day, finish my holiday crafting before the 25th, and to practice intentional mindful eating around seasonal treats.

Edited to add: I am terrible at the tagging game, but thank to you all for the lovely compliments on my dress. ❤️
This discussion has been closed.