davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 249
    CW: 249
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 congratulations on the loss!

@Ambersway it is so surprising when they go from teenagers where we do nothing right and can’t believe how “dumb” we are (my kids never actually said that but I could tell from the look that they gave me from time to time that’s exactly what they were thinking🤣), to adult hood and saying, we actually had some very good ideas. My dear granddaughter, Paisley can be quite independent and headstrong. My daughter will phone me from time to time and just apologize saying I know I did those things to you.🤣🤣🤣. It is funny, the strange things that we can find to bond with our children.

@gemwolf110 congratulations on the loss

@Cornanda looks like you have your work cut out for you🤣!

@tammymccrady6278 huge congratulations to you for reaching this goal! It is a journey to be sure. Exercising took me a long time to like, right now, I am so out of shape I am not liking it. I have got to get back at it at a regular basis, so it becomes something I enjoy again. I love love, love your Christmas decorations, your house looks beautiful!

@865jessica it is a challenging time of year with all of those goodies around!

@askewcr congratulations on the loss!

@trooworld there is nothing I love better than a good burger place, especially if they make really good onion rings! I cannot say no🤣

Just getting a ton of puttering done around here. My main floor is finished and ready for the first birthday party this week, Christmas decorating is done. Waiting for an Amazon order for some things for my bedroom, so far everything I bought either at Amazon or HomeSense I have returned.🤣 The only thing I kept is the headboard. I might be finished this project by the end of the 2024.🥴
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 222
    PW: 221
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 210.6
    CW: 210.8
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thank you Jasper scared the heck out of me then I was wondering why I got more kitties when losing the last one broke my heart! He was super cuddly today and wouldn't let me catch up online but that's ok for now (typed that before I read Vannie was trying to get your attention). Hahaha beat ya last night! I need to start scrolling before mine in case you beat me too. Wayfair has a lot of nice items I'm glad you found some good bedding. OK WHY do animals lay on iPads and Kindles, I get when they're on it's warm but my cats do it when they're off. Since I've shown my guys Cat TV on the Kindle they come up and put their face in front of it while I'm reading to see if any birds are on the screen, feels very invasive. You didn't need your phone anyway right? She is looking very adorable! I love her flower.

@AmbersWay Oh enjoy your chili! I'd have loved to have you come with me, there were some great cookies and cornbread too. I'm so glad for the most part your family is doing good. Is there any hope for your husband of regaining more use of his arm? I'm glad he's doing so much better.

@Cornanda You're welcome I hope you enjoy them. The second novella in the one I'm reading now isn't grabbing me but I wasn't feeling good when I started it so I'll try again. Whenever I HAVE to read I dig my heels in and become stubborn and don't want to do it, I hope that doesn't happen to you, make a big cup of tea or hot chocolate and enjoy.

@tammymccrady6278 So glad to read your post and see your photos! I hope this holiday season you look back at how much you've accomplished and grown. Your house looks beautiful and festive. I didn't eat anything sweet tonight and decided I'd save room for a cookie (@trooworld 's recipe) and the stinkin' dough sits in the fridge overnight so I turned the oven off. I put orange zest in the dough so I ate the orange instead and it was real good so I'm happy. Can you freeze any cookies for later? Honestly even if they're frozen I don't trust myself. Ha! I went through your photos again and spotted your beautiful kitty!

@865jessica You got this, good plan for this week!

@trooworld OMG those orange rolls look SO good! I started a Pinterest board for Orange Extract recipes. My parents usually have cinnamon rolls on Christmas, maybe I'll offer to make these if my Mom hasn't bought them yet. I can't see well driving at night so I'll probably spend the night after Christmas Eve. I KNOW it's like the musicians haven't aged much in that video right? You were one of the first people I thought of when I saw this! Sad you can feel Prince should've been one of the surprise guests. If you find any more this good send them my way! I listened to a different one but the one I posted is my favorite so far. Force Mds Tender Love was fun too.

Hi everyone! The food bank party was fun, so was the charity brainstorming afterward but after a few hours in a folding chair I couldn't sit anymore and ended up breaking up the meeting saying I'd have to leave. I was in so much pain when I got home I went straight to bed and had my tea and conked out. I stayed home from the farm and had been planning to go to a craft fair but thought it opened earlier than it did so I went, came home, then went again 2 hours later and collected business cards from vendors so we (the charity) can invite them to our events. I'm awkward talking to strangers but they were all happy to be asked and it was fun. The holistic pain group was having an open house so I came home and wrapped a gnome (Dollar Tree had real cute ones) and some candy and dropped in. I listened to the lectures and tried a new device they have and it helped my foot pain some and increased movement for 2 hours so that's hopeful. There was a raffle and I won 3 months of their new membership were there's a handful of things you can go in and use during the week like the device I mentioned, a vibration plate, healing blanket, and the owner said I could use her more advanced micro current machine with that too. I'm going to start taking the micro current classes they have this Wednesday and am going to start a 2 month micro current trial with some of the inventors of it where I'll have access to their library and helpers. This got super long have a great Sunday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 273
    C. W. 273
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 YES!!! And this place had good onion rings, too lol. So no "NOs" were said. lol Just take your time and get it to like you like it (the bedroom). Have fun with it!

@Katmary71 I know, right? LOL I love orange rolls. That would be great to have on Christmas. No, the musicians have not aged at all! They looked great and it was so fun seeing them. Yes, he should have been. Out of the 3 I watched, the one you posted was the best so far. I watched the hip hop one (which was fun if you like hip hop) and one other one with Patti Labelle. I'll probably listen to more. I'm sorry you were in pain, I'm glad you left when you needed to. Oh that's good about the new device. Congrats on winning the raffle! I never win anything lol. I won an alarm clock a long time ago. I was so happy.

Hi all. Got a lot done yesterday. We didn't do any Christmas decorating but a lot of errands were run, including going to the mall which was excruciating. So busy. But I was just picking up stuff at Macy's so I just parked in the pickup area. We are decorating today, this mornng. And somehow, I need to find time to wash my car today. My husband is in the process of practicing driving (he's had his license for about 5 years now but hasn't driven at all) and yesterday morning, he was driving with me in the car and backed up against a retaining wall and scraped the back left side of the bumper. :( I ordered some rubbing compound to see if that will help. Have a good day!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 4,827 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The December Week 2 Group Challenge is active and waiting on you! Please join us for the ACTION NOW CHALLENGE. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904850/december-week-2-group-challenge-action-now-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week!
    Jessica
  • laurelfit57
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 145.8
    CW: 145.6

I don’t think I will reach my goal of losing 6 lbs this month when losing 0.2 lbs per week 🤣.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 171.8
    CW 172.5
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 wu day weigh in December 10

SW: 228
    PW: 206
    CW: 204.6

I need to really push it to hit 200 in time for my cruise. 18 days! So it’s attainable if I remain committed. Last night we had shawarma which was delicious but I am suffering big time this morning.
    Have a good one!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    only time for a quick pop in:

@Katmary71 - Yes, I have that "Have to" feeling. I'm fighting it. Hey- that's cool you won a membership!

@trooworld - I love the voice the book is told in, but it's not going to be a quick read- he shares a lot of complicated stuff and if you read too fast you will miss it. I think I'm really going to like this book.

@tammymccrady6278 - I have never been an athletic person or someone who enjoyed exercising. I have found a few exercise things that I don't mind doing and therefore don't leak out on my exercise sessions. It took some time, patience and experimenting- I hope you will find something. Also, be patient with yourself- if you are sore or it's too hard or whatever- don't go all perfectionist and give up. Give yourself space to work on it- just like you did with food. Congrats to the MAX on getting yourself to Onederland!

Happy Sunday all!

Lisa

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday

SW 232.2
    Dec.3 222.4
    Dec.10: 221.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

j77pf402ugca.png
    mugokq2vdim3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q6xe9doktub8.png
    tl7d6kx62duw.png

By Pounds
    52lw8ptjw21s.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    y74u8nwk7x8x.png
    qa8bsfhd29um.png

By Pounds
    rrmgaw8nrf22.png

Team Winners
    9b9j4blb3p8x.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I normally don't win things either I'm wondering if it was rigged, I did bring a gift so maybe? Oh no I'm sorry to hear that about your car, I hope you're able to improve the damage with the compound. Are you done shopping now? I joined the chat site and sent you a message, not sure if there's a group to join?

Woot Woot Mission Slimpossibles are on the leader board in 3rd place for team results and pounds lost in the last week, go team! @littlebabekitty @badnoodle @gemwolf110 are doing awesome leading the pack this week!

Hi team! Not much to report, I still have to get the cans out and cook my gingerbread crinkle cookies tonight so I'm keeping it short. Have a wonderful Monday!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Username: badnoodle
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 182.2
    CW: 183.3
    SW: 283.4

Damn, some of that came back. But it's not surprising, I've was sick for several days, and it has absolutely been Treat Season at work. But onward and upward.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    It was a very, very good bad bad day afternoon!! I went to a Christmas party where everyone brought appetizers. Can I just say it was a very delicious afternoon and I had absolutely no power.😋🤣
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place by pounds and tying for 3rd by percentage! And congrats to @littlebabekitty @badnoodle and @gemwolf110 for making it onto the leaderboard!

@laurelfit57 The holidays are a hard time to lose. But buckle down and you may be able to do it! Sounds like a yummy party.

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss! Good luck, you got this.

@Cornanda You are right, not a quick read. It was my favorite book this year, I think. I hope you like it.

@sleepygirl79 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I am sure you won fair and square! Yeah, I'm bummed about my car. I don't want to make an insurance claim because it will just raise our rates so I hope the rubbing compound helps. Oh dear, the chat notifications/accepting is not by default set to open so I didn't get your message until this morning when I looked into it. I'm sorry. I created a new chat, I guess we can just add people as they join, I don't know enough about this app yet. There is a group chat to which I added you to. It's a private chat. Good luck with your cookies! Yum!

@badnoodle I'm sorry you are sick, feel better!

Hi all. Not much going on here, just about to get ready for work. It's cold here (50s-60s) so we are having soup tonight. Have a great day!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 3,389 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hey Slimpossibles!

I need to step away as co-captain as I'll be offline taking care of some medical issues for a few weeks. Chris has long deserved a better co-captain as all I have been doing is maintaining the weigh-in spreadsheet. So, if there is anyone interested in co-captaining (is that a word?) the Slimpossibles team, please let Chris and/or I know.

Thanks!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – Yes, I watched the new Exorcist. I won’t be adding it to my physical collection, but glad I watched it and I’d say it’s worth the time. So glad you won the pain clinic raffle! Hopefully you’ll find some combo of things that will give you longer lasting relief.
    @trooworld – I haven’t completely rearranged the fridge yet, but I did cook up 3 pounds of dried beans to make chili for my church potluck yesterday. Wowser! Way too many beans! I used half of it for church and the other half are in my fridge and will be my lunch and dinner for a long time! I cooked up a batch of rice yesterday, too, so I can just mix and match whatever I want to put on them. I also have several servings of chili left over, so I divvied those up for the freezer. Did I miss the Advent calendar opening?
    @19shmoo69 – Please tell us a new joke in your Bri’ish accent :)
    @Veta2018 – Thank you for opening up and sharing. We are here for you…no judging. Only hugs and prayers. I hope your son is able to open up to you more. It’s tough when we just want to be close to our children. My oldest has Major Depressive Disorder, my middle one has Anxiety (and possibly schizophrenia) and my youngest is Bipolar. I have Major Depressive Disorder and Inattentive ADHD. Makes for a fun get-together :)
    @Cornanda – I have won 4 physical books and 5 Kindle copies of books through Good Reads. Totally NOT a scam. It tells you how many copies are available, how many people have entered the giveaway, and when the giveaway ends. You get an email whether you win or not when it ends.
    @tammymccrady6278 – Congrats on getting into ONEderland!!! Lovely Christmas decorations!
    Well, peeps, my days are going by way too fast! Our family Christmas, which I have entitled “Christmas at Nana’s” (my mom) will be this coming Saturday. Hunter and I finally got the tree up and decorated at my mom’s and we have almost everything wrapped. I’m planning to buy the food after work today and do as much pre-prep as possible. Slammed with work at my job as so much has to be done before the end of the year (I work in County government) and I only have until next week Thursday since I’ll be having another ankle surgery on the 22nd. The stress is a lot, but since I cooked way too many beans (see above note to trooworld), I am so ready to go with healthier choices. I had chili for lunch yesterday, then a bean, rice and tofu bowl for dinner. Kept me full all day and didn’t snack until late last night…and chose some air-popped popcorn. Feeling great! I hope everyone is having a good day! I’m off to try to figure out this kik app group chat thing now :)
This discussion has been closed.