Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

@Katmary71 I actually have never listened to them. I really should take some time and give it a try!

PW: 224 lb.
    CW: 225 lb.

weight.png
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 208.2. i think
    CW 204.6
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 😃☀️🌞 All!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and has a great rest of the week! Last week of 2023 is here and still kinda wondering where the heck did 2023 go? But ready for 2024 to start!

Technically I have a week off from school but going to get a head start on the next weeks assignments when I’m not working.

Have a great day!

~ Missy
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Congrats on the loss!

@gemwolf110 This year definitely flew by. Good luck with the assignments!

Hi all. I am off today and will probably just fold some laundry and read. I don't have any grand plans. Enjoy your day!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in megnolia82 December 24

Oops! With the holiday I completely forgot to weigh in. So this is after a couple days indulgence. Not as bad as I’ve been in previous years though!

SW: 228
    PW: 203.3
    CW: 204.4

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I’m heading off on a cruise tomorrow! So excited for it :) I will be off the internet for 10 days so I won’t be weighing in next week. I’ll be back on January 7th. My goal on the ship is to take only stairs the majority of the time. I’m also going to be eating to keep my gut happy so I will take it easy.

Happy New Year to each of you! Here’s to an amazing year ahead with personal growth, new milestones, health and happiness!
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82- I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

I had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed a lot of family time. I hope everyone's holiday time is fun and relaxing.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Britney's family situation sounds pretty bad especially with her Dad's side. If she was in my life she's the type I'd be super protective over. Heck I think I need a ricotta cheese kit in my life too! Oh no Trader Joe's was a mess the Monday before Christmas, I can only imagine! I'd wished I'd bought a few things later in the week but my dislike of crowds kept me away. It's too fun there at Christmas! I love your charcuterie board especially the roses of salami, those are awesome!

@micaroo4 Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad you took a rest day, we basically set ourselves up to be exhausted from Christmas right? I hope you and Rich got some good time together. Thank you for the hug, hugs right back to you!

@Veta2018 I'll have to watch Britney's documentary and see how it compares. I agree the conservatorship is too much especially by her father. She's accomplished a lot and is a strong person, I hope she has some solid people in her corner to help guide and protect her when she needs it.

@badnoodle I'm so glad your Dad is ready to come home soon, that's great news! I'm sure your family isn't minding a lack of decorations or material things when you came close to losing your Dad. I can see you finishing the week strong, you got this!

@ministralofsarcasm I really appreciate you adding this as I needed to hear it
    : “A Quick Note: It's so easy to be discouraged by the number on the scale this time of year, but remember that our bodies are doing everything they can to keep us alive. It takes in more water to process excess salt and sugars, needs time to grow new muscle, doesn't work as effectively when stressed or sick... grant yourself some grace, grant your body some grace, and know that a few bad decisions will not undo months and months and months of progress.

You're doing better than you think. Happy Holidays! “

@19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @Veta2018 Congratulations at topping the leader board this week!

@sleepygirl79 Hope you're feeling better soon!

@morenin Funny I only knew their songs that were on the radio in the 90s but haven't listened to them a whole lot either, your “nin” on your name is what had me wondering. Congratulations on 30lbs down!

@gemwolf110 This last year flew for sure! Smart to get started on assignments on your break, I hope you get some rest in too.

@megnolia82 Have a wonderful time on the cruise! Smart to eat to help your gut, doing that should help a lot on overdoing cruise food just because it's there. Happy New Year's to you too, thank you!

@865jessica Thank you, glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Hi team! I was real worn out yesterday and came home early from Christmas. This morning I had my pain clinic appointment at 8:15 and came home to nap. He reminded me it's early days and to be careful on pushing myself which makes me feel better about how exhausted I am right now. This one doctor is great but because I'm on a patch I need to change every week and only get 28 days at a time needing my appointment before the next dose means it's hard to see the physicians. That's one thing I'm hoping I can get off of as I heal. Christmas was great, I got new dishes which I've been needing for awhile, a new Kindle that's SUPERFAST, and my brother and SIL gave me a Sip and Paint we're doing in about a month. I'm not good at art but thought it would be fun to try, the picture is a tree so maybe I'll practice before the event. My weight is way up now too so need to get back on track. Have a great Wednesday friends!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    PRELUDE TO 2024 CHALLENGE

Most of us have overeaten recently and may be disappointed at the reading on the scale or how we're feeling today, how about instead of feeling bad we're proactive by taking a step toward better health this week? You can choose one of the below or come up with your own goal:

* Eat two servings of fruit a day.
    *Add a serving of vegetables to meals (can make a batch and add in or do however is easiest for you).

*Do a 15 minute workout.

*Try a new YouTube video of a workout or meditation each day.

Of course feel free to come up with your own or modify for physical limitations and eating plans. A saying that was popular around the time I joined MFP is that, “My body is not a garbage disposal” which is so true, keep that in mind when you “need” to finish all those leftovers!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I'm going to add veggies to my meals, I'll probably do a big sheet pan of veggies tomorrow to add to meals.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 52 of 52

PW: 135.8
    CW: 136.6

Happy Holiday's! I had a wonderful Christmas, that really big package under the tree was a new 34" Alienware Curved Gaming Monitor from a friend. I was super excited to get that but it too expensive a gift to get from a friend. I spent over 2 hours trying to set it up then I put it back in the box. It is defective, it won't stay on for longer than 30 seconds. A new one is on order and hopefully it will be here soon. My husband gifted me 4 bracelets, money to buy books, some crystal figurines, bath bombs and a new fire table 11 with a cover and screen protectors. I could not have been happier; it was a good Christmas.

This is the last week, 1 year of staying in a 5lb zone. Not easy to do if you like to eat. We had baked potatoes and homemade green beans with bacon. It was a good dinner. I did not buy a pie because my husband's birthday is next week, and I will make a lemon cake and have some of that. I'm going to challenge myself to stay in my range for another year. I think that really helped me to stay focused.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    This week I'll add 2 extra veggie servings every day.
    Also I've quit soda... again. Decided not to drink it after the surgery.
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hey Slimpossibles!
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was great. Had a nice time with family and ate nicely.
    I survived the holidays lol. FIY I didnt track on Chrismas eve day, ☺ enjoyed good meal but only to satisfaction. Didnt have a chance to weigh in during Christmas so I was able to weigh myself today and I am back to the 90s again.

Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 201
    CW: 198 😊 👏

Surpringly after not much effort but had several good calorie days that helped with the over calories. For this week will be making the effort to stay within calories for the rest of holiday vacation. Everything in moderation. 💪

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo, for those of you that didn't know, Christmas was the other day. My oldest son, D.I.L and my little Mago came over. What a blessed time it was. My Mago is walking really good now. Soon he will be running. I'll get my steps in then. Something everybody else noticed that I didn't is he probably won't call me Sofu. He will call me Moochie. Either name is ok because he's my little Mago.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @megnolia82 Have so much fun on your cruise! Happy New Year!!!

@Katmary71 You actually don't need a kit to make ricotta: my husband made it for his lasagna and it turned out well: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/284000/chef-johns-homemade-ricotta-cheese/ That recipe doesn't make much, only about a cup, so he had to add some cottage cheese to it (the store was out of ricotta). Thank you!!! I'm glad you are listening to your doctor about taking it easy. It sounds like you got fun Christmas gifts! I forgot to say what I got so I'll say it later. Thank you for creating the challenge. I am going to add veggies to my meals as well.

@FushiaKat Awesome Christmas gifts, I'm sorry the monitor is defective, that's a bummer. Congrats on 1 year of maintenance! You make it look so easy but I know it is anything but!!!

@littlebabekitty I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Yay for a loss and being in Onederland!!!

@19shmoo69 I'm glad you had a good Christmas, Darren. I like Moochie! It's cute.

Hi all. I just did crafts yesterday and took a luxurious 1 1/2 hour nap. It was wonderful! I had gotten a couple of Amazon gift cards for Christmas and so I ordered a new collapsible craft/sewing table which I'm very excited for. I am currently doing crafts on my desk and a small foldable table the size of a TV tray, so I will have much more room. Here's a pic below. I also got some boring clothes, some that won't fit (I say they are boring because they are all black and white and some things are the same that I got last year from the same person and these clothes have NO personality). I also got shoes I can't wear because of my bunion and also boots that I can't wear because of my calves being too big. BUT...I did appreciate the gesture. I know it doesn't sound like it lol. I'm just frustrated because my MIL (who got me this stuff) gets me the same stuff every year. I have to work today, it will be pretty chill because most people are out for the holidays still.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

5qfqar1llis2.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ... You have a new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @jadesilvas1224 :)
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ... You have a new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @jadesilvas1224 :)

Hi, and welcome from a fellow newcomer!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @FushiaKat Congratulations on 1 year in maintenance plus staying in a 5lb range the whole time, you've definitely mastered it which is very inspiring! Wow those are some great gifts, I hope the monitor replacement comes soon. Your husband was very generous!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You got this with the veggies AND soda!

@littlebabekitty So glad you had a great Christmas! I'm glad you were able to get your weight back down and didn't feel deprived, you're doing awesome.

@19shmoo69 Aw, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I bet your little Mago made Christmas extra special, there's nothing like having kids around at the holidays. My nephews aren't as fun as when they were small but still make it special.

@trooworld Thanks for the recipe, that DOES sound super easy! Mixing it with cottage cheese would help a lot as far as the calorie count, the cream and whole milk would add up. I'm excited for you to get the table and can't wait to see what you're making. Can you return any of the clothes and trade them for something you'd enjoy wearing? That does sound like a frustrating situation.

@jadesilvas1224 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

My micro current class was canceled for tonight and I was real excited so that's a bummer but the rain is causing internet problems there. It was going to be wrapping up the beginner series plus odds and ends like how to treat colds which I'd love to know. I really need to spend more time in the library of the creators while it's still free. I worked out, added my veggies to meals (carrots in hummus and green beans with dinner) and finished my book. I'm bingeing 1924 while collecting tomato seeds I left spread on paper towels to dry and putting them in envelopes. Not much else is up, have a great Thursday!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @jadesilvas1224 WELCOME!!! :D

@Katmary71 Yes, that's true about the calorie count. I am very excited about that table! I am going to return the things that don't fit for something I want/fits. So, that will be fun! That's too bad about your micro current class. Yay for adding veggies to your meals! How were the carrots in the hummus?

Hi all. Before I forget: have you ever had buckwheat? I made a new recipe last night for buckwheat with mushrooms: https://momsdish.com/recipe/75/buckwheat-mushrooms I subbed beef broth out for the water and added about 1/4-1/2 tsp of dried thyme. I didn't add the green onions. I used half cremini and half button mushrooms. It was really good. I had 3 veggies (2 servings) with dinner alone, so that was good. Work was boring and I really didn't want to be there. Hardly anyone was there. But I did get some things done that I had been putting off.

This discussion has been closed.