Santa Sprint December 2023 Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Marilyn. My roommate was diagnosed as type2 this summer. He was on Ozempic for about 6 weeks and went from 11 to 7 A1C and dropped about 30lbs now. He does all the cooking but gives me the grocery list. I have finally found a bread he likes...Aunt Millies Live Light...both wheat and potato. I try to find cereals with low carbs, which is almost impossible, so he sticks with Cheerios. I've tried to find pasta and snack crackers with no success. He does like to snack on his charcuterie stuff but would like some crackers.

Any recipes or food suggestions would be awesome!

I would suggest various youtubes. Chris Cooking Nashville, Keto Serious, Victoria's Keto Kitchen, Keto Upgrade, Highfalutin Low Carb, and All Day I Dream About Food are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,333 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I would suggest various youtubes. Chris Cooking Nashville, Keto Serious, Victoria's Keto Kitchen, Keto Upgrade, Highfalutin Low Carb, and All Day I Dream About Food are the ones that come to mind at the moment. [/quote]

Thank you. I will look into them.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    I would suggest various youtubes. Chris Cooking Nashville, Keto Serious, Victoria's Keto Kitchen, Keto Upgrade, Highfalutin Low Carb, and All Day I Dream About Food are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Thank you. I will look into them.[/quote]

You are welcome. There are some wonderful resources for Keto cooking on Youtube. For general keto information Dr Annette Bozworth, Dr Ken Berry, Dr. Cywes, Dr. Eric Westman, Dr. Shawn Baker are all good. For starting out Dr. Bozworth and Dr. Westman are a good place to start, but all of them are helpful.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I have been in a bit of a stall in terms of weight loss lately, however, while I don't take measurements my belt has needed another hole added to be tight enough, so I know my waist has been getting smaller. Today, that was finally reflected in a weight change. If you are struggling with the scale not moving, look at other ways of measuring progress. If your measurements are coming down or clothing is getting more loose, your weight will eventually follow.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    As expected, not working has left time for not eating on plan. I expected this but haven’t been good about curbing it. As soon as I start back to work, I know I’ll have more structure. I’m reading up on probiotics and gut health and would like to see how I might improve mine. I’m still focusing on protein but my weight is all over the board. I’ve also been wearing an Oura ring to keep an eye on stress, sleep and recovery in case that might be contributing to my weight gain or lack of loss.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    As expected, not working has left time for not eating on plan. I expected this but haven’t been good about curbing it. As soon as I start back to work, I know I’ll have more structure. I’m reading up on probiotics and gut health and would like to see how I might improve mine. I’m still focusing on protein but my weight is all over the board. I’ve also been wearing an Oura ring to keep an eye on stress, sleep and recovery in case that might be contributing to my weight gain or lack of loss.

Keep working at it. You don't learn without some failure. Keep an eye on the things that get you off track and the things that help. Hopefully, that will help figure out how to be successful in the future.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,324 Member
    Options
    I have decided to stop the pity party .. I will be back on Keto January 1st and I will be using my home gym for 30 minutes 5 days a week just arms since I am not able to do legs ... my daughter will help me with meal prepping ..my foot hurts like hell but I need to get back on the train before I gain everything I have lost .. still not weighing myself since I am still on crutches ... I am in a soft cast right now but will be in another hard cast down the road
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,324 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I will not be participating until January ... I have dropped Keto for now since I am to weak to meal prep... November and December have been a wash ...I am hoping to get healthy and continue on my journey ..take care everyone

I'm so sorry you're still having so much trouble. :cry: Web hugs to you. Take care of yourself and hopefully you'll be well enough to join us soon. :heart:

Thanks ... I have an infection in my leg ... and I had to have an emergency surgery due to one of the rods breaking ...I was in the hospital for 3 days ..I will be back in January ...I need to get off the pity train
  • rileysowner
    Options
    My Christmas went as planned. I ate whatever I wanted. I put on 3 or 4 pounds which is likely mostly water weight from replenished glycogen stores and undigested food weight. Today, back to Keto. My breath ketones were way down, and likely will drop more today as food in my system still digests. Hopefully, in a day or two I will be back in ketosis and the weight from yesterday will be mostly gone. I had an excellent workout on Christmas morning, so my thoughts so far is this month has been a win for me. If I can drop the Christmas Day weight, I will have lost for the month, but I will have to see where I am by the 31st.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options

I have been sick twice in the last 2 weeks. :rage:
    Coming out the other end of a hateful megacold right now.

New year, new challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906112/jumpstart-january-challenge-2024/p1?new=1
    Join me!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    My December was fairly successful in terms of meeting my goals. I am not ending the month down the weight I was hoping largely due to water weight I put on on Christmas day both from eating a lot of carbs and from starting a new weight program which still has my muscles sore. I am just getting back into ketosis, the last day or two, but will likely be out of it again after tonight. I stuck to my exercise program except for the layoff due to injury. Overall, it is a win in my opinion.