Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 What a fun goal for 2024! Adventures to make great memories and chores to keep life under control. I love it!! :)

@gemwolf110 Congrats on losing 18 pounds this year! I hear you about needing to lose weight to be healthy inside and out. That is my main goal for this year too. Love those doggies!! <3

@JadeGypsyxo Girl, I looooove the food too!! Staying active and becoming more mindful sounds like a winning plan for 2024. :)

@19shmoo69 I think you could be a good motivator. ;) Yeah, I’ve tried coffee and it’s GOOD!! <3

Good morning! Today is church and then I get to go see my new little great-nephew. I’m soooo excited! I will take my mom today and then take hubby next Wednesday after his doctor's appointment. I’m so ready for 2024 and to get this weight off so I can feel good again. I’ve been worried that I might be developing fatty liver disease from the pain I’ve been having and from what Doc Google said. ;) This is a diet-related problem that I can reverse. My biggest fear is that something will happen to me and my husband, who has dementia, will be left without me to care for him. So, I have some very real reasons to get my act together. It will take a lot of determination, commitment, and prayer! But I can do it! B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Welcome to 2024, Slimpossibles! Kat and I would love it if you would fill out this anonymous general survey about our group and how we can make it better. Please fill it out by 1/7/2024:

https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39
  • trooworld
    edited December 2023
    Options
    It's baaaaaaack! Our beloved NO ZERO DAYS!!!

629ulovyg44y.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2024! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vrafer Welcome to the team!!! Yay I'm so glad you are here!!!

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW2024 Congrats on the newest member of the family! Those are nice names. Good luck with the sugar fast and the workout program. I remember how much you liked the Beachbody programs. I hope you don't have fatty liver disease. You have a great "WHY". You CAN do it!

@Katmary71 Yeah I may have to try the carrots in the hummus thing. :) I may have another PJ day today, who knows? LOL That's good to know about the recipes. Yes, it was super dark and super quiet when the power went off. Very eerie! KAT!!! I used to want to be in roller derby! I came to the realization I would probably hurt myself very seriously and gave up that dream though lol. I had a name for myself but I can't remember it now.

@gemwolf110 Your pack is cute as ever!

@19shmoo69 I'm just going to put this out there: I love your sense of humor, Darren! I'm drinking a big ole cup of Costa Rican coffee right now! A gift of my husband's boss. Congrats on the loss! Great way to start out the new year.

@JadeGypsyxo I'm glad we got that all straightened out and glad you joined our team! Your video game apps sound fun. Your pup is very cute. I love how they are smiling. What is their name and is it a he or she?

Hi all! I had a nice day yesterday. My husband and I got a new board game called "House of Danger" that is based on the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books from our childhood. And yes, the game is a choose-your-own adventure! It is very fun. I made a nice dinner (Thai Cucumber Salad and a Thai curry, Chicken Panang) and we played the game. Fun night! More playing the game tonight and I am making appetizers. Have a great NYE!

Please fill out our survey by 1/7/2024: https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

uehwo3s71s23.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147.4
    CW: 151.4

+4

😳
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 271
    C. W. 269

Way to start the new year off right! It must be the coffee :wink: I'm drinking lots of it right now, doing the tallies for December, thinking of you and your coffee. You have infected my brain!

Happy New Year to all the Slims :heart:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 thanks for the show of confidence but nobody has ever said I was a motivator. Lol

Now I am curious @Katmary71 what are the requirements of a motivator?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yajedszsnixq.png
    en644szlgdd4.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    75hdj7cuvlkv.png

By Pounds
    qq7aqyzgd31x.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    q0tog03hth7b.png

By Pounds
    jsvsnfom9qhe.png
    49wt9m97tq0n.png

Team Winners
    ze2tkm0ghf9d.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

dvlmrbfu2j3v.png
    z5qsktrllwrm.png
    imt03a45bdhy.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    jqkynzaotswb.png

By Pounds
    tyow46oef83w.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    3zdz0cb50rgt.png

By Pounds
    qp0t70xofny1.png
    4tb8ram5jk5o.png

Team Winners
    8kiuft5a2vdk.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    (PW): 171.6
    (CW): 175.9

This is not a good start for the New Year!

@Katmary71 I missed last weeks WI.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    pqxwuspbap88.jpeg

Good Morning!

@laurelfit57 @txcritter69 New Year starts tomorrow :-) you got this!

@trooworld Im going to have to check out that game. Sounds like fun! And I’m definitely in the No Zero Days 2024!

@TeresaW2024 oh Doc Google has some scary stuff. Have to take it with a grain of salt. Can scare the hell out of you.

@19shmoo69 congrats on the loss!!!

@JadeGypsyxo such a cute pup! And yes I’m with @19shmoo69 open to some game suggestions.

Busy Sunday already! Got my food shopping done for the week. Well I already realized I forgot two items so I gotta go back whoops! Also got photos hung up and slowly making my home more of a HOME than something just I’m living in. Had a rough few years in the past and this year I’ve been getting out of that funk slowly. Have so many plans for this little house.

Think I’m going to add a goal of writing what I’m thankful for and my hopes/dreams. Get it on paper instead of just thinking about it.

Have a great New Year’s Eve everyone!

f4r6hua34ki6.jpeg
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day Sunday

PW 158.6
    CW 157.8
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    DebJB30 wrote: »
    Hello Slimpossibles,

My name is Deborah, and I live in Kansas with my DH and DS, and two cats.

When I was young I was one of those annoying skinny people who could eat anything and never gain a pound. People were always trying to get me to eat more. That all caught up with me in my late 30's and I started to gain weight. I became a serial yo yo dieter. Only in the last few years have I learned how to eat healthy and take better care of myself. It has been a long journey and I will be on it for the rest of my life.

I joined this group for accountablility and support and it has been great. This past year has been a difficult one for my family in many ways: workwise, financially, and we've had health challenges. Through all that I've managed to lose 20lbs and maintain it.

This is the first holiday season where I've not gained any weight, but I've still been able to enjoy the holiday meals and parties. That is a huge accomplishment for me. I've done it mainly through IF and keeping my step count up.

In 2024 my goal is to focus on strength training and getting stronger. I don't know that trying to lose fat by calorie restriction is a reasonable goal for me right now. My body seems resistent to dropping weight past where I am now, because I've been at this weight since about May & no matter what I do, I can't seem to go any lower. But I know how much benefit I get from exercise, and I know adding strenth training will help. So that's my next goal.

Sending hugs. Praying 2024 will be better!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Username: badnoodle
    PW: 189.8
    CW: 186.0

I'm badnoodle. I live in WV with my partner, two cats, and too many video games.

This has been a solid week for me. Christmas eve was a cheese blowout, but I knew it was going to be. I made a hearty beef borscht last night, and I can totally see how it would get somebody through a Russian winter. It's hearty!

It rained all week, so I have been going stir crazy in the house. Lots of stitching, lots of movies, and a lot of tidying and deep cleaning in my office and craft closet.

I've been using the treadmill to get my steps in, but I don't particularly like the one I have. I got it last summer on Prime day, and while it wasn't very expensive, it's a little too narrow and a little too short for me to be comfortable doing much more than a relatively sedate walk.

For January, I just want to be consistent instead of all over the place.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    CW- 240

I'm a stay at home mom to three boys and married to a sweet husband for 13 years. I started my current weight loss journey in June 2023 at 284lbs. I've been making slow but steady progress. December and November I didn't make much progress but ready to get back at it this January.

My goals are 3x a week 45 min cardio and get back into my strength/PT exercises. Drink 120-130oz of water daily and keep calorie intake at or below 2000.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live with 3 humans (family), 3 cats, and 1 dog. I'm married, a gamer, and an avid reader. My main exercise recently has been walking around cleaning. Medication changes have improved my health enough to really work on getting in better shape, after several years. I lost a bit of weight at first, but I hit a plateau, and I am figuring out how to start going again. I suspect I am currently retaining a bunch of water for salt and hormone reasons, but I am going to talk to my doctor about it.

Username: morenin

PW: 227

CW: 227.5
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Sounds like you always have someone to go for walks with right?!

@19shmoo69 I don't remember that cartoon!

@JadeGypsyxo Those apps sound fun for walking, I'd be curious to hear what you discover. I really overdid it with a Fitbit so I have to be careful and not get too competitive now. I actually hadn't heard about the apps but have friends who do the walks to get medals then YouTube has walks for walking in place where someone films walking or hiking somewhere which is pretty neat. Aw your pup is beautiful!

@TeresaW2024 Have fun with your great-nephew! What a scary thought about something happening to you, I'm glad you're taking things seriously and getting back on track. I really hope you aren't having issues with fatty liver disease, the good thing is it responds pretty fast to weight loss and diet changes. You CAN do it!

@trooworld I love No More Zero Years, let's have as little zero days as possible this year! Oh my goodness if you ever want to go hang out with the derby team I'm sure my cousin would meet you there! In the early 2000s I was watching Family Jewels with Gene Simmon's family (Kiss) and his wife Shannon Tweed was curious to try roller derby and my COUSIN walks into their house to talk to her about it, pretty funny. I love the Choose Your Own Adventure game, how cool! I loved those books and used to read them to my brother, I may have to get him this for his birthday in a couple weeks. Your dinner sounds awesome! Are you going to change your phrase?

@19shmoo69 For motivating it's mostly cheering everyone on, taking time to comment on posts and interact with team members. It's been great for keeping me from giving up on my health especially when my CRPS relapsed, you all really kept me going plus even when everything else was crazy I checked in here every night. Think about it, it may turn you into a social butterfly! I'm giggling because I don't see myself as a social butterfly.

Wow GO Mission Slimpossibles, top Dec week 4 team percentage and lbs lost and invidual percent and lbs lost with @sleepygirl79 ! YIKES on Fat2Fit gaining 37.4lbs, guess we DO know how to party!

@sleepygirl79 @AmbersWay @littlebabekitty Great job team you three did outstanding!

@Veta2018 @littlebabekitty @sleepygirl79 Great job for being amazing for the month of December!

@txcritter69 That's ok I'm glad to see you back and logged your weight, thanks!

@gemwolf110 I love these Sunday quotes! Writing what you're thankful for is a great idea, there's something about putting it on paper that seems important so it's not just in your head. Making your house a home IS a big deal, I'm glad you're taking time to do that.

@DebJB30 Great to see you back! I'm looking forward to seeing how strength training goes for you this year. It's one of the things I wish I'd done earlier.

@badnoodle I read about the cheese blowout and was trying to find a meme I sent people about how after Christmas you walk around confused about what day it is stuffed with cheese and I already deleted it but you made me laugh. Are you planning on getting a new treadmill? Consistency is a good theme word!

@865jessica Great goals, you got this!

@morenin I hope you break through that plateau soon!

Hi team! I got up and was doing good today, got in a great workout and was hesitant to go out as my legs and feet have been bad from the weather. I met a friend to go shopping at an international market that just opened though she's such a lollygagger I thought I'd finish before she got there. I got bulgur and yellow split peas plus some tea. I took all my Christmas decorations down and the house is depressing now though I stopped for some Valentine stickers (for the Card For Seniors collection boxes the charity puts in businesses) at Dollar Tree and got Valentine gnomes that are on the mantel now. Not much else going on, I need to organize my goals still. Have a great New Year's Day!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 you are a social butterfly!

Surely there's somebody that is better suited than I am.
This discussion has been closed.