Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #3: 🍽️Meal Plan🍽️

Options
2»

Replies

• Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    My meal planning - I was doing the pre-diabetic diet and I got my weight down and I am no longer on meds and my A1c is 5.8 which is still in the good area. I think I will stick to following this diet as I was doing so well on it. My weaknesses are sweet and salty foods. Try to do my best to keep away from these. Will eat more fruits and veggies as I love them all.

I will also try to be good and stay out of jail because I am gaining weight from eating all of that PB!! :D
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    Meal Plans:

My meal plan may change, but ultimately it will be to work my with Bariatric Center doctor to get the weight off safely. No surgery just medical weight loss. Meaning they are going to have me see a nutritionist and a dietician to learn all I can about food and then work my macros to the right levels that will cause me to lose weight effectively and keep it off.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My meal plan:

Mediterranean/WFPB Diet:
    *Plant foods-based: vegetables, fruits, herbs, nuts, beans, and whole grains
    *Moderate poultry, eggs, seafood
    *Rare or no red meat or dairy (Med diet says you can have moderate dairy, but it doesn't agree with me and/or I go overboard)
    *No processed foods
    *Olive oil and healthy fats (like avocados and fatty fish) encouraged

Giving myself 3 cheat ingredients per day if needed; 1 cheat day per week for special occasions or a break if needed.

64 oz. water per day.

Intermittent Fasting: 12-8 p.m. eating window.

Each meal includes 1/2 vegetables/fruits, 1/4 whole grains, 1/4 protein and a glass of water.

• Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,936 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    My Meal Plan:
    Track Everything, Stay Within Calorie Range, Balance Macros and Drink 80oz Water.
    Never Deprive. Nothing Off Limits... all things in moderation.

@Grannysue91 No need to be good... Rumor has it that pb will be limited to one spoonful daily and more freggies will be served in the PS4L Lion County Jail in 2024
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Eat enough to be happy and healthy..avoid sugary stuff ..cook most meals..REAL FOOD..
    Got in habit of grab and go when kids were here..then post surgery lots of box meals, both frozen and pasta based. Need to get back on the whole food train..
    Hint..cooking for one ain't much fun! part of my problem!! So tis!!
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,301 Member
    Options
    Following the principles of the Whole Body Reset plan, I will
    *aim for 25-30 g protein per meal (90g per day), minimum of 5 g fibre per meal (25-30 g per day), 2 g fibre/5 g protein per snack
    * 5 freggies/day
    * aim to achieve calorie target daily (+/- 50)

Continue to work on 20 minute meals at least 2x daily, pay attention to satiety, eat only when hungry, especially in the evening.
  • sushynes
    sushynes Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    My meal plan is pretty basic and simple and appears to work except for fats/sugars.

Continue to eat balanced meals, carbs, proteins, and fats. Follow my existing menu each week, which isn't very exciting but gives me the nutrients I need. Continue to track my food daily; it works if you are accurate, which I try to be.

Cut the sugar, PERIOD. That is the only thing that messes up my daily caloric intake.

When socializing, if you have liquor (I don't drink that much) and snacks, balance the caloric intake with the rest of the week. I don't socialize too much, unfortunately. LOL

If I go out to eat, just eat half the meal, eat the rest the following day.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,262 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    lavalily wrote: »
    My meal plan is a combination of Keto and Mediterranean. There is a book about this combination if you're interested in finding out more.

@lavalily ~ Would love the name of the book. If you haven't gotten back to give the name, please do!!

Heidi (hicim705)
    2024 Winter 5% Challenge ~ Captain 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ ✍️🖊️📓💻Bloggers✍️🖊️📓💻!!

Co-Leader, In Between Leader Team for the 5% Challenge
    Co-Leader, In-Between Challenges (IBC) 🐦🔥Phoenix Team🐦🔥
  • hicim705
    edited January 5
    Options
    macrat12 wrote: »
    Macro tracking inside the 1st Phorm app

@macrat12 ~ As I search for thing to help **me**, I would like a little more information on 1st Phorm. I've heard that it is quite pricey but you seem to do so well with it that I may want to take another look. I know that I've asked you about this before but would love for you to try to let me know what brought you to 1st Phorm, what keeps you coming back and how much it costs. Again, I know that I've asked this before and I know you gave me info. Not sure why I didn't sign up but would like to take another look, if you don't mind. ~ Thanks!

Heidi (hicim705)

• hicim705
    edited January 5
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    What to eat, when to eat, how much to eat....this is where I struggle. I keep trying new things but nothing seems to sustainable for long periods of time. I've tried most.
    2023 I...
    • Counted Calories - with calorie cycling
    • Focused on the Mayo Clinic Diet with nutrition and food groups
    • Landed on Intermittent fasting

I had the most success with IF but I didn't quite perfect it.
    I mainly did a 16:8, and it varied a bit adjusting my next day eating start time with my actual last eating time the day before. One day day... Friday into Saturday I would do a 20 hour fast.

In my eating window, however, I pretty much ate and drank whatever I wanted. Which they say you can do...but I don't think I can if I really want to drop the pounds. I was still in my calorie range but I think my food choices could have been better.

So my plan for 2024 - 1st quarter.
    Resume IF same method as before.
    Continue to count calories but focus on nutrition and better food choices.
    I play around with macros and I think that needs to be part of the equation. Carbs are not my friend.
    I don't know what this means just yet but it's a start.

@itladyee ~ I really enjoyed reading your plan. IF is probably good, however, I agree ~ keeping track of what you eat in the window where you eat anything/everything HAS to be key to dropping the lbs. If you eat 4 gallons of ice cream in your eating window, you can't possibly lose weight. Actually, I know I'm being a little ridiculous with this statement but it was more to make a point. Good luck with the 2024 Winter 5% Challenge!! ~ Heidi (hicim705)

Heidi (hicim705)

• hicim705
    Options
    My meal planning - I was doing the pre-diabetic diet and I got my weight down and I am no longer on meds and my A1c is 5.8 which is still in the good area. I think I will stick to following this diet as I was doing so well on it. My weaknesses are sweet and salty foods. Try to do my best to keep away from these. Will eat more fruits and veggies as I love them all.

I will also try to be good and stay out of jail because I am gaining weight from eating all of that PB!! :D

@Grannysue91 - I am gaining weight from eating all of that PB!! What is PB ~ peanut butter? (That is a HUGE weakness for me, that is why I'm asking).

Heidi (hicim705)

• hicim705
    edited January 5
    Options
    My meal plan:

Mediterranean/WFPB Diet:
    *Plant foods-based: vegetables, fruits, herbs, nuts, beans, and whole grains
    *Moderate poultry, eggs, seafood
    *Rare or no red meat or dairy (Med diet says you can have moderate dairy, but it doesn't agree with me and/or I go overboard)
    *No processed foods
    *Olive oil and healthy fats (like avocados and fatty fish) encouraged

Giving myself 3 cheat ingredients per day if needed; 1 cheat day per week for special occasions or a break if needed.

64 oz. water per day.

Intermittent Fasting: 12-8 p.m. eating window.

Each meal includes 1/2 vegetables/fruits, 1/4 whole grains, 1/4 protein and a glass of water.

@vexedangel678 ~ what is WFPB Diet?

Heidi (hicim705)

• hicim705
    edited January 5
    Options
    Following the principles of the Whole Body Reset plan, I will
    *aim for 25-30 g protein per meal (90g per day), minimum of 5 g fibre per meal (25-30 g per day), 2 g fibre/5 g protein per snack
    * 5 freggies/day
    * aim to achieve calorie target daily (+/- 50)

Continue to work on 20 minute meals at least 2x daily, pay attention to satiety, eat only when hungry, especially in the evening.

@Retired_Sue - I'm really interested in learning more about the Whole Body Reset plan. Would be grateful if you would share. . .

Heidi (hicim705)

• hicim705
    Options
    📓Your assignment: Your assignment: Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #3: Meal Plan

I'm in the 'searching for something that resonates with me and will keep me **interested** in the long term. I've read each entry listed here and I've asked for more information from quite a few entries.

What I know: CI/CO does work. I will attempt to track (which I absolutely HATE to do). I have my measuring cups ready, fresh batteries in my food scale and I'm getting my head around the fact that I **MUST** do this to be successful. I also need to increase my water intake (I'll try 4 8-oz. glasses of water/day to start and will work up to the recommended 8. Winter is the time that I struggle most with that 8-8oz. glasses of water/day formula).

I also know that there are no 'magic bullets' that help you to be healthy/stay healthy. I do believe, however, that nutrition/exercise that works for one, doesn't necessarily work for all. I'm 'a work in progress' and feel that I'm always growing and always learning. I'm always ready to read about the thing(s) that helped you to find your **balance** ~ I'm happy to get recommendations from any/all of you!

Thanks in advance!!

Heidi (hicim705)

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    hicim705 wrote: »
    macrat12 wrote: »
    Macro tracking inside the 1st Phorm app

@macrat12 ~ As I search for thing to help **me**, I would like a little more information on 1st Phorm. I've heard that it is quite pricey but you seem to do so well with it that I may want to take another look. I know that I've asked you about this before but would love for you to try to let me know what brought you to 1st Phorm, what keeps you coming back and how much it costs. Again, I know that I've asked this before and I know you gave me info. Not sure why I didn't sign up but would like to take another look, if you don't mind. ~ Thanks!

Heidi (hicim705)

It is pricey but worth it with the workouts in the app, a one on one advisor to help with your journey and educational live streams. My gym owner let me try the Micro Factor vitamin packs and I was hooked on the products and was looking for something different from MFP. I can send you my referral link to the app and you would be on the team I'm on with my amazing advisor Christa.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    "The Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet" by Robert Santos-Prowse, MS, RD
    Several of you were interested in this book. I'll post this in the chatroom, too.
  • 130StrongerEachYear
    130StrongerEachYear Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My meal plan is a Healthy Keto based diet with all proteins, moderately high fats, and low carb vegetables. I track in MFP every day. When I don't track I cheat on my eating. Tracking may only be accountable to me, but it works. I don't like having my macros out of balance between low carbs, protein, and fats. I do also eat some berries with Greek Yogurt to help me get fiber while not eating many carbs.
    I also only eat lunch and dinner.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @hicim705 Sorry I am just now seeing this!
    hicim705 wrote: »
    @vexedangel678 ~ what is WFPB Diet?

Whole Foods Plant-Based!

• Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am following Mindful Eating per Precision Nutrition. I stock foods that I need nutritionally, and for snacks I pick one for my perceived need. I keep apples, bananas, dried plums, coleslaw mix, nonfat Greek yogurt, and lightly salted almonds on hand. To meet my veggie goals, I either have a green protein smoothie or enjoy a bag of frozen veggies with my protein. My goal: before I reach for sweet or salty foods, ask myself if I have yet to satisfy a nutritional NEED.