Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa
    I'm 55, married to my DH for a long time. I live in FL. 2 young adult children currently living here- they returned just as I got used to the empty nest. That's a long story for another time. We have a dog- Gus, who is a Maltese, Yorkie and poodle mix. I've been up and down with weight most of my life and as I've hit a more "mature" age it's been tougher to get it off. I'd about hit 25 pounds down and then all last year weight was sneaking back. I'm ready to get back to business in 2024. Been in this group since about 2020.

Just caught up on 3 pages of posts and boy you all have been busy! Love seeing all your pets and meeting you and hearing goals and plans for the new year!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Way to go, team! Congrats on achieving 1st place by percentage and pounds!!! And a special shout-out goes to @sleepygirl79 @AmbersWay and @littlebabekitty for leading the way! Congrats to @Veta2018 for being in the green all four weeks of December!

@gemwolf110 It is! It makes a difference to pick out things to decorate your home...even if you don't spend a lot of money on that stuff, if it's stuff you really like, it can make it feel like home. My husband used to just pick out mis-matched crap just throwing anything together because it was free or cheap almost like he was a college boy and I had to stop that lol. I think he sees my point now.

@DebJB30 Congrats on the loss! And not gaining through the holidays is incredible...way to go!

@badnoodle Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 I think you'd make a great motivator. :)

@Cornanda Aww, Gus, you do good bedheads lol!

@Katmary71 Yes! Me too. And yes, let's do that! Wow, that's funny about your cousin and Gene Simmon's wife! I loved those books as well...so fun. Dinner was good. My new phrase is below. It may be too simple, I may change it lol.

Hi all. Happy New Year! I didn't make it to midnight, I pooped out at 9:30 pm like a friggin' meme lol. And then because I'm old, I got up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, here's to 2024! Today, we are taking down our Christmas decorations and putting together my new craft table. Probably going for a nice walk as well. Here's a pic of my two little ladies. And my new phrase for the year is below, although I may change it.

Please fill out our survey by 1/7/2024: https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

1399joouvxe4.jpg
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've decided to add exercise to my weight loss program, since calories don't seem to be doing the job. I picked up the Down Dog app (there's a New Year's sale of $20 for a year's subscription). It ranges from limited chair yoga to advanced forms, so I should be able to find something that works!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    This is Gus- he makes me laugh and is good at bed heads

atmrpu16oq3z.jpg

He’s adorable! 🥰
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Way to go, team! Congrats on achieving 1st place by percentage and pounds!!! And a special shout-out goes to @sleepygirl79 @AmbersWay and @littlebabekitty for leading the way! Congrats to @Veta2018 for being in the green all four weeks of December!

@gemwolf110 It is! It makes a difference to pick out things to decorate your home...even if you don't spend a lot of money on that stuff, if it's stuff you really like, it can make it feel like home. My husband used to just pick out mis-matched crap just throwing anything together because it was free or cheap almost like he was a college boy and I had to stop that lol. I think he sees my point now.

@DebJB30 Congrats on the loss! And not gaining through the holidays is incredible...way to go!

@badnoodle Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 I think you'd make a great motivator. :)

@Cornanda Aww, Gus, you do good bedheads lol!

@Katmary71 Yes! Me too. And yes, let's do that! Wow, that's funny about your cousin and Gene Simmon's wife! I loved those books as well...so fun. Dinner was good. My new phrase is below. It may be too simple, I may change it lol.

Hi all. Happy New Year! I didn't make it to midnight, I pooped out at 9:30 pm like a friggin' meme lol. And then because I'm old, I got up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Oh well, here's to 2024! Today, we are taking down our Christmas decorations and putting together my new craft table. Probably going for a nice walk as well. Here's a pic of my two little ladies. And my new phrase for the year is below, although I may change it.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

1399joouvxe4.jpg

I didn’t make it to midnight either fell asleep at 11ish and dogs woke me up at 7. Had gotten up a few times between them but that happens. I’m considering taking down the decorations but at the same time idk. Might wait for little Christmas. Cute puppies 🐶 🥰
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    cba3pxaepgf0.jpeg
    grrqzkher1oz.jpeg

Good Morning!

I did not make it to midnight, haven’t in a long time. But did watch Peacocks fireworks around the world so that was nice to see. I’m going to probably clean and get ready for the week ahead today. Nice low key day is the plan. How was everyone’s New Year?

@trooworld I think @19shmoo69 would make an awesome motivator 😀

Have a nice day everyone!

~Missy
  • trooworld
    Options
    @morenin That's awesome. I hope you like the Down Dog app.

@gemwolf110 Yeah I just can't stay up like I used to be able to lol. Thanks!

• trooworld
    Options
    @DebJB30 Congrats on the 20 lb loss!

jaunl3wlgnqi.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @trooworld the link to the survey doesn't open for me.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Hey Slim peeps!

I am sorry for being totally MIA the last few months. I battle sever depression during this time of the yr. This yr has been probably is worst. I am pushing through as the New Year is setting in. I will honestly say I thought about leaving the group but talked myself in to staying and giving this another try. I am not making any new yr resolutions, they never happen anyways. This yr I am taking a new approach and just working on being happy with myself.

Last yr I started decluttering my house and I am still working on this but have also been doing some decluttering of my social media getting rid of all the junk that has been weighing me down. I am looking ahead this yr with new look on my life. I am choosing to be happy. So, hear is to a New Year!

"Today, I Choose To Be Happy!"

Glad to see you back! Sending hugs. It is a tough time of year. Decluttering takes a lot of energy but when it’s done it will be nice. I’m doing the same. Feels good to get rid of stuff that weighs one down.

~Missy
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    So, I was going back and looking at older posts. I have to ask what does DH and DS mean?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    Hi team, we have TEAM NEWS!

@19shmoo69 Has stepped forward to be our Team Motivator, thank you Darren! We're happy to have you on board, you've been a great team member for years and we know you'll be a wonderful motivator!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post weigh-in reminders last night:

Still needed from yesterday:
    @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty

Today weigh-ins:
    @AmbersWay @tylaK2015

Thanks everyone!

@19shmoo69 DH and DS are Dear Husband and Dear Son

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well the first day of 2024 and I did pretty good. I got in 30 mins on the treadmill which is better then nothing. I reached my water goal of the day, 130 oz. I have dinner planned which will be fajita chicken heavy with veggies. Hope everyone's day is going good.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

@DebJB30 That is great that even though you had a hard year you still lost weight! I was the exact opposite. I think your goal to focus on strength training is great. That is what I’m doing this year. The more muscle you have the more fat your body will burn. Plus, you gain strength and become more lean, which will make you look slimmer. :)

@Cornanda, your Gus is adorable!! Hmm having those kids back in your house. Yeah, I’m gonna want that story at some point. ;)

@trooworld “like a friggin’ meme” :D Me too!! We were in bed at 9:00 watching TV and then lights off by 10:00 pm. Up at midnight to put Maggie in bed with us due to the friggin’ fireworks!! And yeah, awake at 5:00 am! I love your pugs!! <3

@morenin Adding exercise is always a good idea not only to help with your weight loss but also to help you gain strength and flexibility. :)

@gemwolf110 That 2024 gnome is sooooo cute!! <3 I had to save it and will post it on my Facebook page. I LOVE gnomes. Hubby even bought me a super cute gnome wallet for Christmas. :D

@txcritter69 Hi! I’ve been gone for a long time too. I’m sorry that you have been battling depression. This past year was hard on a lot of people. I love that you are going to focus on working on yourself and being happy. I find decluttering to be very therapeutic. I have a large box right now that needs to go to Goodwill. :)

@19shmoo69 Wahoo! I know that you will be a great motivator and keep us laughing and craving delicious coffee. That reminds me, I haven’t had nearly enough coffee today!! :#

Hello and Happy New Year!! I am excited for this new year and am praying that my house will be filled with peace, good health, and quiet! If only I could get the dang dog to stop barking at every little thing!! I got up this morning and took my measurements and then pressed play on the 12-week program Dig Deeper that I will be doing. It’s broken into three collections and each collection is repeated for 4 weeks. I like it because I can track my weights and see how I progress. Today, was upper body and I only had to modify a couple of moves. Like I’m never going to do tricep dips or pushups. My body just doesn’t bend that way! :D I am on day 2 of no sugar and feel good. I’ve tracked my calories for two days, which isn’t something I will do for long but I thought it might help me get going in the right direction.
    Word for 2024 - Strive

Since we are all showing off our animals. This is my Maggie Mae. She is an almost 8-year-old Cavapoo. She is a demanding, barking, pain in the a**! But we love her and she is our baby. <3
    vrnxwgv3g8h0.png
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    @DebJB30 That is great that even though you had a hard year you still lost weight! I was the exact opposite. I think your goal to focus on strength training is great. That is what I’m doing this year. The more muscle you have the more fat your body will burn. Plus, you gain strength and become more lean, which will make you look slimmer. :)

@Cornanda, your Gus is adorable!! Hmm having those kids back in your house. Yeah, I’m gonna want that story at some point. ;)

@trooworld “like a friggin’ meme” :D Me too!! We were in bed at 9:00 watching TV and then lights off by 10:00 pm. Up at midnight to put Maggie in bed with us due to the friggin’ fireworks!! And yeah, awake at 5:00 am! I love your pugs!! <3

@morenin Adding exercise is always a good idea not only to help with your weight loss but also to help you gain strength and flexibility. :)

@gemwolf110 That 2024 gnome is sooooo cute!! <3 I had to save it and will post it on my Facebook page. I LOVE gnomes. Hubby even bought me a super cute gnome wallet for Christmas. :D

@txcritter69 Hi! I’ve been gone for a long time too. I’m sorry that you have been battling depression. This past year was hard on a lot of people. I love that you are going to focus on working on yourself and being happy. I find decluttering to be very therapeutic. I have a large box right now that needs to go to Goodwill. :)

@19shmoo69 Wahoo! I know that you will be a great motivator and keep us laughing and craving delicious coffee. That reminds me, I haven’t had nearly enough coffee today!! :#

Hello and Happy New Year!! I am excited for this new year and am praying that my house will be filled with peace, good health, and quiet! If only I could get the dang dog to stop barking at every little thing!! I got up this morning and took my measurements and then pressed play on the 12-week program Dig Deeper that I will be doing. It’s broken into three collections and each collection is repeated for 4 weeks. I like it because I can track my weights and see how I progress. Today, was upper body and I only had to modify a couple of moves. Like I’m never going to do tricep dips or pushups. My body just doesn’t bend that way! :D I am on day 2 of no sugar and feel good. I’ve tracked my calories for two days, which isn’t something I will do for long but I thought it might help me get going in the right direction.
    Word for 2024 - Strive

Since we are all showing off our animals. This is my Maggie Mae. She is an almost 8-year-old Cavapoo. She is a demanding, barking, pain in the a**! But we love her and she is our baby. <3
    vrnxwgv3g8h0.png

She’s absolutely adorable 🥰

Speaking of coffee made my favorite coffee this morning with vanilla extract, cinnamon and a shot of espresso in my favorite mug 💗

5g010artlhmb.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.