Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Gus is the cutest! You all are making me miss having a dog around!

@trooworld Haha I fell asleep before Midnight too. Oh so having your craft table set up will help with the sadness from taking down decorations, that's great! I like the phrase, it brings an excitement to new adventures coming up. Love the pups!

@morenin Down Dog is the one yoga app I always hear great things about, I think you'll love it!

@gemwolf110 Happy New Year, I love that gnome meme with the beautiful metallics! Hey with making your house a home want to do some sort of cleaning challenge this month? I need to both clean and declutter, I'm thinking of getting rid of a certain amount of things a week or a few a day. Not sure how I'll break up the cleaning yet though but have a lot to do. Let me know what you think ok? I love your mug, your coffee sounds so good!

@txcritter69 Yay I'm so happy to see you back! I'm so glad you've chosen to stay. If you look right above this I mentioned to @gemwolf110 doing a cleaning challenge, would you be interested? Nothing too stressful but we could check in on how we're doing this month. I think not only are you choosing to be happy but you're choosing yourself now too which is beautiful.

865Jessica Great job on the day, the exercise, water, and food are outstanding!

@TeresaW2024 Way to go, you did great jumping right in to Dig Deeper! Haha I've given up on pushups too, my upper back goes out every time. I can do wall pushups, can you do those? Strive is a great word for the year! Maggie Mae is adorable as well, that barking would be hard but one look at her face it would be tough to stay mad for long. Asher's a pretty bossy cat but I can't stay mad at him.

@19shmoo69 YES you definitely need some pompoms!

Hi team! I'm waiting for the Instant Pot pin to drop so I can eat my split pea soup and figured I'm check in here before eating. Today was a good day, I slept in and had a great workout then have been cleaning/decluttering. I'm going to focus on doing that this month, it will help keep me busy while I get used to being in a deficit again. I've done well with food today too. I'm trying to go into January strong as I'm another one who struggles with depression this time of year. I have some new seeds coming and need to get things organized for indoor seeds, I'll probably wait until the end of the month to start though. Have a great night and Tuesday!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good New Years. Hopefully you remembered to get your greens & beans in for dollars & cents in 2024. (Southern US traditions can be very strange).
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I am sleepygirl79 and my name holds true. I enjoy a good nap, but am also a night owl. I also seem to enjoy snacking at night which I have found to be my biggest issue.
    I live in Canada with my 2 boys, hubby, and Golden retriever. I work full time with 0-5 year old kids and also do some private work on the side. I enjoy Zumba classes and walking the beast every night (sun, rain, blizzard-he doesn’t care). In warmer months I have tried jogging on occasion and much prefer that to a treadmill. Other than that, I get my kids to their activities.
    I seem to be a floater here and will occasionally pop in or abandon everyone for a few weeks-sorry.
    This month I want to work harder at getting back to tracking.

PS @19shmoo69 I am in favor of black and gold pompoms! Wifey can use them as new years decorations when you’re done.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 204.6
    CW 205.2

Bah humbug
  • JadeGypsyxo
    JadeGypsyxo Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    Well I just wrote this whole long thing out and it deleted and I'm tired now so.... whatever.

I tried.
    @AmbersWay bah humbug for real

Happy new year 🫶🏼
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    My sweeties want to say hi to all the pups!

xv109i72t2ja.jpg

Cute 😊
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Well I just wrote this whole long thing out and it deleted and I'm tired now so.... whatever.

I tried.
    @AmbersWay bah humbug for real

Happy new year 🫶🏼

Urgh that is so frustrating when that happens.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I think you need coffee colored pom poms! Thank you for stepping up!

@katmary71- YAY kitties!

So many cute poochies!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I'm sorry it wasn't working. We've gotten 5 responses so it is working for some people at least. Is anyone else having trouble with the survey? Thank you for stepping forward to be Team Motivator!!! LOL if your wife gets you black and gold pom poms, we need to see a pic of that!!!

@txcritter69 I'm sorry about your severe depression. I'm glad you didn't leave the group, I hope you feel safe to vent here. Good idea to declutter your social media, I need to do that. HUGS.

@865jessica That's fabulous! What great NSVs, I'd say you are starting off 2024 with a bang!

@TeresaW2024 LOL I'm glad I wasn't alone. :D The fireworks...ugh...here, too. I went to the store yesterday morning and there was shrapnel everywhere from the darned fireworks. So bad for the pups of the neighborhood. Thank you! Little Maggie barks at everything? She has company in our house: we have to keep the front door closed because our pups will bark (and get in fights) if someone either comes by the door or to the door. Great job starting your program! And 2 days sugar-free, yay!!! I know you hate tracking cals, so good on you for doing it. You got this, girl! Maggie is soooo cute! I love that little face.

@gemwolf110 That looks delicious! Nice mug.

@Katmary71 Yeah it felt good to go to sleep but I do miss seeing the ball drop. Yes! The craft table will help. ;) Thank you. How did your split pea soup turn out? Way to go, decluttering and cleaning! I'm sorry about the depression. I suffer/struggle with depression year-round on occasion. Thankfully, not really a lot right now. Are you going to use your Aerogarden? I am going to break out mine soon and plant that strawberry mint you gave me. Your kitties are so cute and healthy-looking! They are beautiful.

@badnoodle You too! I am going to have bad luck all year: I usually go with the Pennsylvania Dutch/German tradition of pork and sauerkraut but we didn't make it yesterday. :(

Hi all. Yesterday, we took down all the Christmas decorations and then put together my craft table. We didn't even get in a fight over it, which is nice, because usually my husband gets impatient and we get in an argument! :D I can't believe I go back to work today after having time off. And the holidays are over, so no more days off until President's Day in February.

Please fill out our survey by 1/7/2024: https://forms.gle/hrtVY35g64TVPEz39

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I was able to fill it out using my laptop.
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get frustrated. I've been eating consistently under my calories (by around 800-1000 calories a day) and increased my activity, and I've still somehow gained 4 lb. in two weeks. Is it possible MFP is adding too many calories to what I burn? I've been eating 1000-1400 calories a day (after burning some on movement), and it seems like this shouldn't be physically possible?
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slim peeps,

I Hope everyone had a great New Year!

First off, I LOVE ALL THE PET PICTURES! I am a dog mom to a Blue Heeler named Diesel aka Knucklehead, a44psceqprut.jpg

@gemwolf110 Thanks! I am looking forward to relieving myself of a lot stuff this year. It is just amazing how you can accumulate so much stuff and never use it.

@19shmoo69 YAY!!! and I say yes to the pom poms too,

@Katmary71 A cleaning challenge sound great. I hope it will keep me moving this time. I fizzled out last yr and need to finish along with some paint trim and ceiling in the kitchen. I'm not going to mention the projects I started and didn't finish.

So yesterday was a pretty good day, I started cleaning and decluttering our game room/storage room. Run across my old records and decided to play them while cleaning. I still love the sound of vinyl records. Did cook pork chops w/black eyed pea, cornbread and a salad. But then came the evening munchies. I really need help with this. I am doing the no spend this month so I hope I can control some of the munchies by just not buying the extra snacks. I also hope this will help with less sugar and sodium in my diet.
    Today I will be tackling some of my crafting stuff and getting it organized, I am fixing to declutter A LOT of STUFF!

Enjoy your day!

"Today" I choose to be HAPPY!!!

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @morenin what is your target caloric goal?
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good morning Slim peeps,

I Hope everyone had a great New Year!

First off, I LOVE ALL THE PET PICTURES! I am a dog mom to a Blue Heeler named Diesel aka Knucklehead, a44psceqprut.jpg

@gemwolf110 Thanks! I am looking forward to relieving myself of a lot stuff this year. It is just amazing how you can accumulate so much stuff and never use it.

@19shmoo69 YAY!!! and I say yes to the pom poms too,

@Katmary71 A cleaning challenge sound great. I hope it will keep me moving this time. I fizzled out last yr and need to finish along with some paint trim and ceiling in the kitchen. I'm not going to mention the projects I started and didn't finish.

So yesterday was a pretty good day, I started cleaning and decluttering our game room/storage room. Run across my old records and decided to play them while cleaning. I still love the sound of vinyl records. Did cook pork chops w/black eyed pea, cornbread and a salad. But then came the evening munchies. I really need help with this. I am doing the no spend this month so I hope I can control some of the munchies by just not buying the extra snacks. I also hope this will help with less sugar and sodium in my diet.
    Today I will be tackling some of my crafting stuff and getting it organized, I am fixing to declutter A LOT of STUFF!

Enjoy your day!

"Today" I choose to be HAPPY!!!

Diesel is adorable. My youngest is also nicknamed knucklehead lol
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @morenin what is your target caloric goal?

I am aiming for 1200-1400 calories a week, starting this week. Last week I was eating 1600-1800. Theoretically, the higher amount should have been offset by the exercise I did last week, but it doesn't seem to have worked out that way. Beginning to wonder if I should get my metabolism checked somehow. I have hypothyroid, but it's supposedly controlled.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a little late with my intro, but here goes:

I am about to hit the big 5-0 in 2 weeks. I have 3 children in their 20s – oldest is my son, Marcus (granddaughter Sophie is 8 months), then my daughter Sydney (due 2/8/24 with baby Oliver), and my youngest daughter Hunter (grandson Byron is 6 months & due with #2 on 6/15/24). I’m a single empty nester and I share my home with my American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for almost 19 years.

I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but mainly up. When I lose weight, I can never seem to keep it off for longer than a year. Currently I have about 60 pounds to lose. I just had my 3rd ankle surgery on Dec 22, so while laid up in front of the TV, I decided to motivate myself to eat cleaner (no processed foods), so I watched just about all of Healthy Emmie’s videos. I have been doing pretty good already plus no soda since the day before surgery. Definitely helps me to feel better. I steamed Idaho potatoes in the Instant Pot for the first time and they turned out fabulous! We all (Hunter, her hubby, Syd and I) loved eating them plain, just like an apple. If you want to give it a try, put 1” of water in it, add a steamer tray, scrubbed/pricked taters and set it for 14 minutes. Let it natural release. Perfection – better than a Wendy’s baked potato!

This year I will focus on choosing unprocessed foods. Trying to come up with a little catchphrase for it. Any ideas?
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 – Sorry about your circumstances, but it’s great to “see” you again, my friend!
    @JadeGypsyxo – OMGoodness your kittens’ names are too cute and your doggie is adorbs!
    @trooworld – I am on a mission to make a yummy carrot hummus now! Choose your own adventure…gosh what a blast from the past! I might have to check out the game :) So you don’t get MLK Jr Day off? I’m so sorry you have to wait until February for a holiday.
    @gemwolf110 – Oh your fluffer babies are adorable!
    @19shmoo69 – Skip the coffee and go straight to the good stuff… howsabout a spot of tea, gov’nah? And thanks for being our motivator! Black & gold pom poms would be the BEST!
    @katmary71 – Ooohh peppermint vanilla tea sounds heavenly!
    @txcritter69 –Depression is an awful thing to live with. We’ve got you. Hugs.
    @865jessica – Nice job on the water consumption!
This discussion has been closed.