Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 I love that quote! I think I will print it out and put it in my workout room. Or maybe on my fridge! :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ha, 3000 pieces is my norm. I hate going below 1000 pieces and I have two puzzles that have 5000 pieces. I will post a pic when this one is done. It’s super cute! It sounds like you are all set with your food. That cutting board sounds great! I love the idea of repurposing an old pew. Love your 2024 mantra!! I need to adopt that one too. :)

@Katmary71 you are welcome! I don’t currently have a Bravo show I’m watching. Do you have any recommendations? I’m always on the lookout for a good guilty pleasure show. :) I follow Paris Hilton on TikTok. Not sure why but I do. She has an adorable little boy. :) Yeah, I wouldn’t be down for that puzzle of all blue. My one 5000 piece is an ocean scene and the whole top half is blue. It’s a nightmare and probably why I've only done it once! Love that mug! When my daughter was a little her nickname was Moose. :)

@trooworld Yup, we have to pretty much do the full seven days to get the results we want. Last night during my long sleepless hours, I was thinking about how I lost the weight and then regained it and what is going to be different this time. I think it comes down to my commitment to myself. I want you to do this for me! I need to be healthy and feel good. This is about my life and what it is going to look like if I don’t lose this weight. And it’s about saying F off to temptations that only leaves me feeling guilty, unshamed, and mad. We got this!! <3

@865jessica Thanks, my puzzle time is my me time and I value it very much! I understand how hard it is to stop the behavior of overeating and snacking once it becomes our norm. That was pretty much my whole 2023 year. You have good goals. Commit to your goals and make them non-negotiable in your life. I look forward to hearing your good results. :)

Hello everyone! Well, I’m happy with my weight loss this week. Especially since I’ve had five straight days of weightlifting. Today’s leg day was brutal. It made it extra hard because I didn’t get much sleep last night. Does anyone here struggle with sleep? I hate it!! :# I am very happy that I have two days off. This weekend will be very big in the life of my little church. A year and a half ago we lost our beloved pastor when he retired due to having Parkinson's. We have had a very nice man as our interim but it’s not the same as having a pastor who cares about each one of us and is a real participant in the church. We have lost several key families which has hurt a lot. I admit that I might have left too if it wasn’t where I also work. Finally, our pulpit committee has found someone who looks very promising. Tomorrow morning Joe and I will go to a brunch for the staff and deacons to meet our potential pastor. Sunday he will preach and afterward, we will vote yes or no. I am praying it’s a yes and that he will not only be a great preacher for our church but that he will be a good boss. With Joe’s dementia, I have to have a boss who understands my need to stay flexible and do most of my work from home. Not going to lie, not having a boss for so long is something I’ve grown used to. :D
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – See my note below :) And what a cute mug! I’m going to try to weigh in on Sunday. I took off the boot and weighed it separately…it’s 3 pounds. So I should be able to balance on the scale long enough for a reading.
    @trooworld – See my note below :)
    @TeresaW2024 – Prayers that this pastor is a good fit and a good boss. The church I grew up in suffered a lot of losses of older parishioners and not enough new families coming in. So the district voted to close our location and merge us with one south of me. At first I was looking for another local church, but none felt right. It’s a bit of a drive for me, but we (my whole family) decided to attend the one farther away. I’m thankful I did. The entire congregation was so welcoming. Plus, the pastor’s wife has a twin that I introduced to my son and she’s now my daughter-in-love and they gave me sweet Sophie. Things would have been so different. It was all part of God’s plan :)
    During work yesterday I was messaging with Hunter. I mentioned that I wasn’t looking forward to coming home to do dishes and laundry before her brother arrives. Well I am pleased to say that when I got home from work my daughter’s car was in the driveway and they were busy little bees already. Her husband was washing the dishes with Byron strapped to him (so hilarious) while she was cleaning the bathroom. I settled onto the couch, elevated my ankle, and played with the baby. It was the best surprise! So I treated them to Chinese for dinner. I kept in line…had my steamed tofu and veggies and rice. Only iffy part was the brown gravy. But I had only eaten a banana so far and I was famished. All in all it was a fantastic evening :)
    Looking forward to my son and family this evening. It’ll be a little late, so I have time to prep some tofu and salad. Today is looking like a good day!
    2024 Mantra: Quit slacking and make s h ! t happen!

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 @vegan4lyfe2012 @veta2018 my good food for late night snacks is usually a piece of fruit or a yogurt. Would love some suggestions for protein filled snacks-not a hummus fan.
    @gemwolf219 Hurray for Fridays! I also tend to almost always go over my calorie goal, however, I try to look at how much over I am. If it’s a few hundred calories, I can forgive myself. Pushing the 1000 mark is NOT good!
    @trooworld you will get there!

Well, I messed up yesterday! We ended up going out to a Chinese buffet with the BEST selection and quality and I ate my $25 share. I will have to try to behave a bit better this weekend. Hoping to take the kids to play some racquetball this weekend too. Just got to motivate them too! Zumba starts back up on Monday, so that should help with the stiff hips after sitting in my office all day. Have a great Friday!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    I started my day with a large glass of water. Then I had a healthy breakfast(apple with peanutbutter) and did a good 60 minute full body with dumbbells workout.
    I found this blog interesting. https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/potatoes-may-be-recategorized-from-vegetables-to-grains/?_gl=1*yd46ij*_ga*MTkxODk0NzUzMi4xNjkzMjY5NTI0*_ga_VG80VV73C6*MTcwNDQ3NzQwNS4xNzYuMS4xNzA0NDc5MzI0LjAuMC4w
    Potatoes have always been one of my favorite foods. I like them mashed, baked, and fried. However, when I started my weight loss journey I opted to exclude them from my diet and replace them with sweet potatoes, whole grains and other vegetables. I also avoided eating dairy products. As of recently, I've added some dairy back into my diet.(high protein yogurts, and some cheeses) After reading this blog I'm considering having an occasional potato, as long as it's prepared healthy.(not fried) I also need to continue to be mindful, eating every three hours and not skipping meals. My old habit was to go the whole day without eating and pig out in the evening. Even after 4 months, if I'm not mindful, those old habits can creep back into my life.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    zp75rfli676d.jpg
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @trooworld how do I add a tab to keep track of steps? I see all the names across the top but not sure where to go from there
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow. I finally just caught up on all the posts this week. Things have been so hectic here. My mother in law has been in hospital and just got home and so much needs to be done with her so she can stay living at home. Between that, work, and trying to keep the peace between my hubby and his brother and how best to care for there mom I’m bushed.

But I’m so happy to catch up on here. I always seems to find calm in the storm sort of thing when I take time for me. That is my goal this year. That no matter how overwhelming or stressful my day can be I’m going to take the time even if it’s just 5 minutes just for me. Hopefully more lol. Well that’s it for now. My puppy needs a walk. Check in in the morning!
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 6
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Awesome quote, I am saving it.

Since you guys are sharing your kitties. Here's my Angela cat. She think shes human hehe ☺

20230509-215937.jpg

@Teresaw2024 I also struggle with insomnia. Most days I have to take a melatonin to sleep. It really affects my day and energy. Im trying my best to establish a night routine. Sorry to hear about your pastor. Prayers that it will all work out 🙏

~
    I've been doing good with diet but some days I get sucked into the snack bing at the end of the day. I made a healthy snacks list to help me remember to eat healthier snacks. I am going to try to do better next week. Let me know you have any more healthy snacks ideas and would like to add to the list for inspiration. 🌟

Healthy Snacks: 🍏 🥕 🧀

Fruits
    Raw veggies and Ranch or Hummus
    Mozarrella string cheese and nuts/seeds
    Mozarella string cheese and olives
    Grape Tomatoes & cheese
    Grape Tomatoes and nuts or seeds
    Cottage cheese and stevia
    Greek Yogurt and Fruit or stevia
    Jerky
    Cellery and nut butter
    Keto crackers and cheese
    Keto crackers and avocado
    Pickles
    Sugarsnap or Snow peas
    Keto baked chips and salsa
    Edamame or chickpeas
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @littlebabekitty Just saw you snuck in between my posts, Angela is such a beautiful cat! You reminded me of a snack that's actually pretty low cal, I take a Mission carb balance tortilla and put one serving pizza sauce, cheese, then japapenos (Trader Joe's sweet and spicy are so good), artichoke hearts, and kalamata olives and put in the air fryer. Can do bean tortillas like this too for 250-400 calories.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    @littlebabekitty - Angela is beautiful!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 199.2
    CW 196.6

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day today. I’m back on track this week even though it has been so stressful. I had a great walk last night with my fur baby. She is on a diet too lol. She is 15lbs and vet says she needs to lose about 3 It is psi hard for me to reduce her food intake lol. She is constantly going to her bowl and licking the emptiness of it. I feel so bad for her. She doesn’t understand. On the other end of the scale our Great Dane is about 120 and is in good shape. I’m glad we chose a girl over a male as they can get to about 200 crazy right? Well this morning I’m on my way down to in in-laws to get her to have a shower. Let’s hope she is agreeable. I have to share this. While she was in hospital I had went down to clean out her fridge as it was a disaster. Did you know tha dill pickles will actually mold and turn white while still in their juice? I saw expiration dates that went back to 2013. lol. But it is all up to date and clean as a whistle now. Well I had better get my butt in gear so will check in later.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @teresaw2024- I struggle with sleeping too! Have not found anything that really helps.

@19shmoo69 - I open two MFP windows and switch back and forth so I can look at the discussion on one and write my post on the other. I don't post that often though- definitely not a pro. Things are very active on here right now and just my opinion, but it would be great if you posted some of your funny stuff until you get the hang of all these responses.

I love reading all these posts, but I get sort of overwhelmed on responding.

FYI- I finished Demon Copperhead and it was excellent.

I'm happy with the progress I made this week. Now to keep myself together over the weekend. There is more I can do next week and I will try to put that in place as well.

Lisa

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.