How was your day??

Options

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've had an adventure this week @tinkerbellang83! I'm glad you're okay and that the kitties got fed :)

Thank you @chris_in_cal for the kind words. I'm absolutely thrilled that you've been doing this challenge with me and that you are enjoying the practice.

Speaking of, Day 7 is done. I was surprised to find that the soreness in my abs from yesterday's practice faded pretty quickly once I got moving. I might try a step workout again during a break from work since I'm still feeling froggy ^_^ I'm really glad I took a bit of time with my practice today, since the rest of the afternoon is going to be busy :)
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Doing an everyday home practice seems as normal and basic as a cup of tea in the morning. Yet, I have never done it, until now. It's changing my mind and sense of self-esteem, as much as my body and weight. In a good way.

Today was doing noisy breaths synchronously along with poses. It was pretty gentle. I liked it.
  • LenGray
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I feel the same way! And it's definitely starting to feel 'as normal and basic as a cup of tea in the morning.' This morning, I felt a bit lost until I had rolled out my mat and done my practice. I'm also really grateful for the past few gentle days we've had-- it's really helped me keep going :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    This day's yoga was restful/restorative, her intimation was this relaxation presaged a "more active" few days. Uh-oh, here it comes.
  • LenGray
    Options
    Day 9 was definitely a bit more active! We're back to that plank-downward dog-lunge combo. I have a lot of trouble doing the transition from DD to lunge and always have to fall out of the pose to position my front foot properly. On the bright side, I really liked some of the new poses in this session :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    always have to fall out of the pose to position my front foot properly.
    💯

I am 1 million miles away from being able to do that transition seamlessly.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I did not procrastinate, and scheduled and prioritized this bit of home yoga practice. That's a big step for me, I'm glad I did it.

Today's practice had a little bit of balance on one leg, that's always enlivening.

This challenge is about :20 minutes of yoga each day, for 30 days.
  • LenGray
    Options
    I did not procrastinate, and scheduled and prioritized this bit of home yoga practice. That's a big step for me, I'm glad I did it.

Way to go!! I know you've been wanting a consistent home practice for a while and it's fantastic to see you making that a reality for yourself ^_^

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Well done on your daily challenge guys, keep it up!
  • LenGray
    Options
    Day 10 is done~! I felt a little bleh today, but it had nothing to do with my practice. Tomorrow is the real challenge, since I'll be heading back to work. On the bright side, there's a couple of different times in my work schedule this semester that would be perfect for getting some proper walks and gym time in. ^_^ For tonight though, I'm curling up with a heating pad, hot tea, and some fluffy pillows
  • chris_in_cal
    edited January 12
    Options
    Most of the day I thought it was Friday and I had to prepare for Saturday traveling. It was a nice relief when I found out it was Thursday and there is still plenty of time.

Today's yoga practice was more vigorous. The pace with which the teacher is increasing intensity is okay, I'm keeping up.

She's planting one foot in front quite often, and that's about four step process for me.

It seems like our group-mate @Sugarnspice1922 might be jumping into the challenge also, are you going to do it?
  • LenGray
    Options
    That would be great if more people wanted to join :) Days 11 and 12 are done, but my internet is super-spotty, so my updates are a little late. I'm trying my best to log and stay accountable though!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Good, I was feeling lazy and thought I'd check in here to get motivated. I see I didn't post on Friday....I did her practice "soul" I appreciated it being short and sweet.

Today, yes, give a couple get up and do it. ;)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options

Did it. Day 12 "Stability," I just noticed the date is "13" and the practice is day "12" I am wondering if I'm screwing it up somehow? I don't think so, because the next one has not released yet. Anyway...I am glad I did it. Today was rapid fire through a bunch of postures.
  • LenGray
    Options

Did it. Day 12 "Stability," I just noticed the date is "13" and the practice is day "12" I am wondering if I'm screwing it up somehow? I don't think so, because the next one has not released yet. Anyway...I am glad I did it. Today was rapid fire through a bunch of postures.

Nope, you have it right! This program started on the second, so January 31st is the last day of the challenge :) And my internet is back up, so I should be able to post consistently again ^_^

Sidenote on Day 12, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much stronger my core was in that practice!
  • LenGray
    Options
    Day 13 is done! There was some more core work today and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was falling out of the pose less often than I was last week (though I'm still convinced that whoever made that main core move she uses was a torturer in a past life) It was also really nice to get some hip stretches done, since mine have been really sore. Just two more days until the halfway point!
  • LenGray
    Options
    Day 14 is done!

I really liked this practice. I was feeling a bit stressed/anxious this morning and had some negative derailing thoughts coming up, but when Adriene talked about about using breath to acknowledge thoughts and feelings, I began to tell myself, 'These feelings are just the configuration of the ground for me today and I will make space so I can operate within it.' It helped me to really focus in on the breathwork and, though the stressors aren't gone, I feel like I got a little distance and acceptance on those feelings.

On a less metaphysical note, I am slowly but surely quickening up my transition into the lunge. I'll keep working on it. Also, my back pain, which was awful nearly a month ago, is nearly non-existent now (it still bugs me a little first thing in the morning)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    I am slowly but surely quickening up my transition into the lunge. I'll keep working on it.

That is an aspirational move for me, I am still 1 million minus one inch miles away.

I like today's too. She's stretching it out. today was the longest session, though it was very gentle.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading home, I have to say goodbye to 77° F (26° C) warmth. I am elated I kept up my yoga practice and my Dry January through vacation. I don't think I'll feel like I need a vacation when I get home from my vacation, like I often do.
  • LenGray
    Options
    Day 15 is finished and we are halfway through the challenge! :)

I was really proud of myself for doing today's practice. I wasn't able to get the video done this morning and had almost forgotten about it, but saw my yoga mat as I was getting ready for bed. I really liked today's practice and definitely felt stronger in my lunges and warrior poses. However, I utterly failed the half-moon pose. After failing on both sides, I decided to do star pose instead. Hopefully, as I get more practice, I'll be able to pull off that move!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    D15 - done. One must become one with forward lunges to hang with this teacher. I can do forward lunges, but casually flipping my foot from back all the way to the front ain't happening. It's about a three step process to me. But one positioned, I can lunge.

I like half moon pose. With my bottom hand on a yoga block I'm pretty stable. @LenGray do you have a yoga block or something else to use under your hand? Give that a try sometime.