Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

@gemwolf110 New week new you! Good job having a good gym week. :)

@Katmary71 A giant meatball sounds tasty! :) I am still working on decluttering and have a couple of boxes that I need to take to Goodwill this week. I always purge after the holidays. Something about putting away all the Christmas stuff makes me want to throw everything away. :D

@trooworld Glad you are feeling better and were able to be creative yesterday. That shadow box sounds wonderful and such a good memory for you to treasure. I’ve looked at getting a walking pad but I don’t have the space. I did get one of those stepper machines that I really like. Ugh garbage disposals are a pain. Mine was making a weird noise for a while and then one day when I running it a tiny piece of plastic came flying out and the problem was solved! :D

Good morning! I totally forgot to post yesterday even though it was a chill day for the most part. I attempted to do a cardio workout but my body was so tired from the week of weightlifting that I cut it short. Mostly I worked on a new puzzle and then wanted TV with hubby. We are on our last season of Suits. Soooo sad to see it go! :/ I’m trying not to feel frustrated with my scale not going down as fast as I want it to. I went off sugar and cut out snacking and still the scale keeps fluctuating. But I’m going to trust the process and just keep doing what I’m doing while continuing to dial in my nutrition and push those weights. Have a good day! :)
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The January Week 3 Group Challenge is open and starting today, running through Saturday, Jan 20th. Please join us for the Meet You at the Cooler Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10907437/january-week-3-group-challenge-meet-you-at-the-cooler#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread! Week 2 challenge remains open through today to allow participants to post their final tallies and me to post the top walkers.
    Jessica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 - Hubs and I area also watching Suits! But I think we have 2 or 3 seasons left, so no spoilers! It's always hard to find new shows when you finish one. Or at least for me it is.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    I have to say you all are doing great at reporting your weigh-ins on time, thank you it makes it a lot easier on those who keep the spreadsheet going!

@trooworld Oh that's great the Claritin and Nasal spray helped! Funny I have to do my allergy routine (Claritin, Flonase, and a prescription eye drop) twice a day instead of once. I'm trying to get into an allergist to get shots instead. Oh the AC definitely could be stuffing you up! I'm having the dryness with the heater, always something right? I'm glad you found a recipe you liked, I think I try more of your recipes! Doing awesome with the craft area! Hm it needs a fun name like Chris's Craft Nook! What a cool first date, I'm sure your husband will be touched you made your first date's shadowbox, what fun memories. I'm glad to walking pad is replaced and ready to go!

@865jessica Is there something underlying with your neck and shoulder? I hope your PT stretches and exercises help and you're feeling better soon. Epsom salt baths help a lot for me but when it's the neck it's a little harder to soak it! Hopefully you'll hear back from your primary soon.

@TeresaW2024 Way to go on the purging! It just feels right clearing out the old at the start of the year right? I may have to check out Suits, my brother and SIL are watching it right now too. Yes stick with it, you're doing great and things will fall into place once your body adjusts.

Hi team! Doing an early morning check-in as I'll be at my parent's most the day, make it a good one and if you can do something to make your life a little easier this week either by meal prep or getting laundry done. I set my coffee pot the night before which is small but very appreciated. A friend wanted me to join this cute app so she'd get referral credit and I've been listing the things I need to do the next day on it before going to bed (my character has a nest to decorate and a wardrobe so it's fun to earn new things especially as I'm doing the free version). I've always liked checking things off a list. Speaking of staying on track I was listening to this Mel Robbins podcast at the greenhouse the other day on things to change in your mornings to stay on track and focused: https://youtu.be/KQftmpRW3Mc?si=7RSxNYGbptYANTyp
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Trip to Virginia beach to get my dog surgery went well! Puppy is recovering at AMAZING speed! Oddly enough, even though I abandoned my diet for 4 days, I've lost weight. I am pausing tracking my steps for this week, because I have a welt from my Fitbit on both arms, making it unpleasant to wear.

SW: 255 lb.

PW: 223.8

CW: 222.4
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:221.0
    CW: 223.2
    🤷🏻‍♀️😢
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Congrats to everyone who lost weight this week. For those of us who didn't, today is the start of a new week.

@gemwolf110 I am with you on not having good food choice this past week. I have finally eaten all the junk that we bought on last week's grocery shopping,🫢this week I am going back to the delivery so there won't be any impulse buying.

@Cornanda I am still sore from the fall but doing better this morning. I like your idea of protein and produce. I am going to try this out this week and see how it goes.
    It is getting harder to find a show to watch. We watched Young Sheldon(waiting for the next season). Because of it we are now watching The Big Bang Theory. We also just finished Madam Secretary, We are waiting for all our shows to air next season.

@TeresaW2024 We watched suit back when I was aired on TV. Great show, wish they didn't end it.

@Katmary71 I am glad your garden is going so well. I am done until next month. I am going to plant some cucumbers and tomatoes those were the only veggies I managed to keep alive last yr. I did get some green beans in early fall so maybe I will plant them indoors in summer and put them out after our heatwave. We will see, it will also depend on how much camping we do this yr. I would like to plan a little trip to a neighboring state.

@trooworld I hope you are doing better today, Colds are the worst thing to catch cause they hang around for so long. I have yet to begin going through my craft stuff and getting it organized. I am a little intimidated by having to go through it.

Last night's BBQ was great, I love hanging out with friends. Today is going to be a little more on the relaxing side of things. We are in our 3 days of winter. The high for today and tomorrow will be around 26 degrees with a chance of freezing rain. We prefer to just stay home cause these people can't drive in the rain.

I have been put off being serious about losing weight cause i feel so bad about losing 5 lbs only to gain it back. This is a new week and I know I need to commit myself to something that will help move me back into that direction. This week is going to be about controlling my snacking after dinner and watching my bad carb intake.

"Today" I Choose to be HAPPY!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

7tpxrbkqqlns.png
    44rmp881de5u.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    vcmkgy8thdnr.png

By Pounds
    rgl61opi8vk7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    73uvznogflnc.png

By Pounds
    xcru0r804od0.png
    ud5xldoq46d5.png

Team Winners
    hbfgqd4h9sto.png

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Sorry to interrupt your chat thread, but can I please get your steps from Thu/Fri of last week...please post in the Wk 2 Group Challenge thread...waiting to announce our winners...thanks!
    Jessica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 269
    C. W. 270
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Congrats to everyone who lost weight this week. For those of us who didn't, today is the start of a new week.

@gemwolf110 I am with you on not having good food choice this past week. I have finally eaten all the junk that we bought on last week's grocery shopping,🫢this week I am going back to the delivery so there won't be any impulse buying.

@Cornanda I am still sore from the fall but doing better this morning. I like your idea of protein and produce. I am going to try this out this week and see how it goes.
    It is getting harder to find a show to watch. We watched Young Sheldon(waiting for the next season). Because of it we are now watching The Big Bang Theory. We also just finished Madam Secretary, We are waiting for all our shows to air next season.

@TeresaW2024 We watched suit back when I was aired on TV. Great show, wish they didn't end it.

@Katmary71 I am glad your garden is going so well. I am done until next month. I am going to plant some cucumbers and tomatoes those were the only veggies I managed to keep alive last yr. I did get some green beans in early fall so maybe I will plant them indoors in summer and put them out after our heatwave. We will see, it will also depend on how much camping we do this yr. I would like to plan a little trip to a neighboring state.

@trooworld I hope you are doing better today, Colds are the worst thing to catch cause they hang around for so long. I have yet to begin going through my craft stuff and getting it organized. I am a little intimidated by having to go through it.

Last night's BBQ was great, I love hanging out with friends. Today is going to be a little more on the relaxing side of things. We are in our 3 days of winter. The high for today and tomorrow will be around 26 degrees with a chance of freezing rain. We prefer to just stay home cause these people can't drive in the rain.

I have been put off being serious about losing weight cause i feel so bad about losing 5 lbs only to gain it back. This is a new week and I know I need to commit myself to something that will help move me back into that direction. This week is going to be about controlling my snacking after dinner and watching my bad carb intake.

"Today" I Choose to be HAPPY!

I think I need to start doing delivery to avoid those impulse buys.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Rich has covid. He came home with "a cold", and since I'd had a cold earlier this week (tested negative on 2 tests 2 days apart) we thought it might be a cold. But to be safe, he did a test, and it's positive. He had covid last March, and it put him in hospital. He's phoned his doctor and left a message, but his doctor's office is notoriously bad about returning calls, and tomorrow is a holiday. He's wearing a mask, but I'm probably already plenty exposed.

-Mica
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day Sunday

PW 157.8
    CW 160.8

I see I missed last week. I’ve been hit by Covid, but unlike last time I had it, it hasn't affected my appetite, unfortunately. :(.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 174.1
    CW 175.7
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW 184.6
    CW: 184.8

I forgot this morning, so it's clothed and post-dinner weight.

Went to my first adult swim class today, and really enjoyed being in the water. The pool was nice and warm, and there were only a few other people in the class. The instructor was really kind, and it was nice that the other people in the class were larger-bodied folks as well. Off tomorrow for MLK day, so I think I'm going to take the opportunity to go to the midday yoga class.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-INS Needed: @laurelfit57 @littlebabekitty @JadeGypsyxo @vegan4lyfe2012

Reminder for weigh-ins tomorrow: @AmbersWay @Jactop @broncobuddee @tylaK2015

@DebJB30 I'm glad to see you back I was wondering where you went! Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - I enjoy Young Sheldon and Big Bang. May have to check out Madam Secretary. We are also watching The Good Wife- it's well done.

@micaroo4 - fingers crossed that his Covid is much more mild this time. And that you don't get it.

@19shmoo69 - Holy Cardinals!

@badnoodle - your swim class sounds nice!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    oxkz8m7mm02t.png

QUESTION: What is one of your bad eating habits? How can you change this behavior?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our team winners: @JadeGypsyxo @Veta2018 and @morenin !!! Way to go!!!

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss!

@865jessica I hope you can get an appointment with your doc.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Well, the reason I got the walking pad instead of a full treadmill is because I don't have the space, either. This one can lay vertically against the wall until I need it. That's good you were able to get a stepper machine, that sounds like good exercise! I'm glad you were able to solve your garbage disposal problem with no effort on your part lol. Sounds like you needed a rest. Maybe the scale is just adjusting to your weight lifting. Yes, trust the process. Have a great day!

@Katmary71 Maybe it's partially the weather for me. I hope you can get in to see the allergist. Yes, always something lol. Hahaha I'm glad you like my recipes! I like Chris's Craft Nook. :D He was not touched, I told him it was supposed to represent our first date and he said "I don't get it" so I had to explain everything to him lol. Dummy. hahahaha The walking pad has been here but I need my husband's help to get it out of the box and set it up and he's on "island time" lol. Thanks for the Mel Robbins video. I'll watch it shortly.

@morenin I'm glad everything went well. Congrats on the loss! Oh gosh, that welt doesn't sound good.

@txcritter69 I am doing better, thank you! Yes, they are terrible ugh. I know what you mean about the craft stuff. Good luck with it! Ooh that weather sounds awful. Stay safe and warm! Snacking can make a huge difference, good luck!

@micaroo4 Oh no, I hope this case is milder and he doesn't end up in the hospital. I hope you don't get it, too. Hugs.

@19shmoo69 What a great picture! I love the birds. How peaceful. Thanks for sharing!

@DebJB30 Sorry about the COVID, I hope you feel better soon.

Hi all. My husband has put off (AGAIN) the fixing of the garbage disposal. I wrote it on our whiteboard as 'TO DO" hoping that looking at it every day will ping him to do it soon. He also didn't help set up the walking pad. I'm so frustrated. I'm off today for MLK Jr. Day. I plan on hanging out with a friend and folding my mountain of laundry. I also got a bunch of craft supplies out of the spare room to do some sewing and now I have to put it all away which will be no fun. I sewed a woodland forest animals bag, it's lined with a turquoise fabric. See below. My BFF wants me to send it to her.

DISCUSSION QUESTION ANSWER: One of my bad eating habits is that if I get thrown an unplanned meal or a substitution for what I've planned, I don't handle it well. I plan every meal out every week and so when things go differently, it's bad. I don't end up tracking it most of the time. And I don't have the strength to say "NO" to pizza or burgers or whatever is being thrown at me. I think, to change it, I need to have a list of things that are kind of "instant meals". So, for instance, if it is my husband's night to cook and he doesn't feel like cooking, we don't automatically go to pizza or burgers. We pick something from the list.

No Zero Days: Skipped lunch because of a largish breakfast, didn't snack, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

xerkari3xip4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.