New member - first tirzepetide shot today

Options
BeaCee64
BeaCee64 Posts: 2 Member
I had my first shot today and I am so excited. I’m so happy to find this group. I’ve been debating with myself whether to be open about my meds or keep it to myself to avoid judgement.

Looking forward to getting to know y’all!

Bea

Replies

• vickimckeone
    vickimckeone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Personally I’m very grateful for an acquaintance of mine who did talk about it because I probably would not have had the courage to try it otherwise. But be ready because as you lose more weight you will get more questions. Basically I tell people at work I’m counting calories, which I am. But friends and family for the most part know I’m getting a little help from modern medicine.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi! I took my first shot 12/29. I was on Wegovy at the full dose and gained 20lbs since July. Thankful for another option. I'm down 10lbs so far, but I have been very strict. I'm not getting any appetite suppression yet. Add me if you would like! I hope you have great success! If anyone says anything I say thank you! I've been trying hard to eat less. And I leave it at that. I'm down almost 40 from my heaviest, and a few people have noticed. I'm sure I will get more comments when I lose more.
  • mdmom2lts
    mdmom2lts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bea - how are you doing on the shot? Any side effects? I know it's only been a couple weeks, but wondering what your thoughts are.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve been using tirzepatide since 12/12/23 and am down 19.5 pounds as of today. The only side effects I’ve been having lately is a little constipation which I’m trying to stay in front of. Feel free to add me as a friend!