Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,220 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.—Archbishop Desmond TuTu
    I AM: I may make mistakes, but I recover and keep going.
    Action for Happiness: Take a different route today and see what you notice.
    Happy National Sticker Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 12 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 13 with 16OZ of water and Day 12 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.41 miles yesterday.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    another blustery day here, actually more than that, Minus 11 with 30 mph winds so a wind chill of Minus 48, now that is a little cold. If iss wan't so wind i would have gone our and blew soome bubbles and watch them roll around in the air and on the snow. It's so cool that the furnace can't keep up, and the house is a little cold, so not spending much time here just want to throw the blanket on and snuggle with the kits, they are already snuggled under my throw and are nice and warm. Do take care in all this crazy weather happening all over. linda
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Read through everyone's posts.

Tabatha - I will not lose my job over a bus strike. If anything I would be working several hours a day just to finance my rides to work. Taking a cab could be as bad as getting one on New Year's Eve. We'll figure it out.

Last night it rained a bit which helped with the amount of snow. Was snowing again by 5:30 am and has been on and off since. Definitely cold and windy as well. Did sleep in this morning which was nice. Made breakfast for my son and I, did laundry which required going outside to get the the laundry room and climbing up and down the stairs several times. That was my workout today along with some music boogie. It's so nice that I was able to listen to music from the time I got up till I go to bed. Also made lunch and dinner for son and I. It was so nice to have someone to eat with and help make the meals. Definitely gave me an insight of what living together will be like when it happens. I also did dishes, played video games, read, and did my finances. Still no word on wether there will be a transit strike or not. Trying not to worry about it as it is what it is. Will just do my best to survive it while paying bills and trying to save money. Spending will just have to get tighter if it does happen. Not looking forward to traveling to work tomorrow as I have to take 2 buses and there's an hour wait between the two and will get to work at least an hour early. Good thing I now have a key. After work tomorrow I have to shovel the snow for my side job as I wasn't home to do it today and he has clients coming Monday.

Connie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,108 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , WIll Joe use something like Biofreeze on the back? I love it so much!! That with a heating pad and stretching I can always work out the knots. ENJOY MY SNOW!! LOLOL!!! I know I am a BRAT!! Today as many likely know we got hit with another rain/wind and high tide day in the North East. Sadly there's a lot of damage around here. As many of you know I live on the harbor and have on and off for several years. I've not ever seen the water so high, we beat all previous records. The beach I used to play on has a lot of damage between the 2 storms there were 2 fishing shacks there which had been there since the 1800s today they did not survive. Unreal damage up and down the coast it's mind blowing. Mainers though are very hearty and strong. What can be repaired will be.
    @Imustloseit1, BRRRR OH BRRRRrrrr!!!! I hope you were able to snuggle down under and stay warm!! OH MY!!
    @Cseguin1, Do you have Uber there? I find Uber is cheaper than a taxi. SO SORRY though that's happening! Do any of your co workers work the same hours and would they be willing to pick you up for cash? Sounds like so pleasant between you and son!! That's SWEET!! WOW on the hour early for work, but when I take the bus I often have to leave at 10 for a 11:30 Appointment. I get that. I can afford Uber, but LOLOLOL sometimes I just want to stop in Portland and bum around a bit "in town" AKA the city of Portland main street. It used to be ALL Stores of every type when I was a kid, now it's a combo of offices, some shops and places to eat. Please take care. Try to stay warm.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and we are watching church online today. So glad too cause the weather is so not worth going out. My app says it is 1 F outside with a windchill of -19F. So definitely not going outside today if we can help it at all. I may a little later make a run to the pharmacy, but other than that it is a nope.

@imustloseit1 - Like I said with the windchill we are -19F. We are definitely staying in doors. I will get my exercise another way.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is good. I always worry about those that depend on the city bus when situations like this happen. Wow that is a lot of waiting for the bus, however I believe it is the same here. You are either super early for what you have to do or you end up being late and there is no in between. I am glad you got to spend the whole weekend with your son. It does give you a glimpse of what it would be like living together. I hope you are able to get the shoveling done as well. I know that is important to you also. Good luck on the cold out there.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - You know I did not even think of bio freeze. I am sure he would use it. I would totally ship you some snow you know. Maybe a big chunk of ice as well. Sorry the beach lost 2 fishing shacks. That is a great loss since they have been there so long. Mainers are a lot like Michiganders. We figure it out.

Well I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: You are not the work you do but the person you are.—Toni Morrison
    I AM: I love myself just as I am today.
    Action for Happiness: Eat healthy food which really nourishes you today.
    Happy National Dress Up your Pet Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing.—Pele
    Day 13 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 14 with 16OZ of water. Day 13 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.15 miles yesterday.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Once we get into our teams, I forget to post here for the entire 5% challenge group! Maybe I'll run into some of my old friends here.
    We're experiencing a very cold snap right now. After the rains, the mountains are covered with snow and the wind blows the cold air right down on us. It was down to 63 this morning - almost a record cold for us. Tourists think it's warm and wear shorts or head to the beach. The rest of us huddle in our homes with sweaters! We're spoiled!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    Hi all happy and blessed Sunday. Right now is is 14 out and we have a wind chill warning until Tuesday.
    Not too much new, cleaned my file cabinet out and have gotten my records ready for income tax, now just waiting for 1099's to come in.
    Hit another milestone, 40% along the way and planted a tree.
    bqkvf34xv9g3.jpg
    Milestone Image
    Hi Joyce,
    You just passed the 40% milestone on the Jesus Trail Challenge!

Hugs and blessings all

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today I got up at 5:30 am. It was sooooo cold and windy out when I went to catch the bus at 6:07 that I decided to go all the way home first to drop my stuff off and warm up a bit. That trip took about 30 mins. Then waited almost another 30 mins between being at home and at the bus stop. Was way better than waiting an hour with no protection. While waiting for the second bus I watched the steam rising of the Detroit river. It was so heavy it almost looked like smoke blowing down the river. Got to the McDonald's about an hour before my shift start time and waisted about a half hour there having breakfast and waiting for a co-worker to pick me up so I didn't have to walk the 15 mins or so to work. Talked to the boss about the possible bus strike and he said we would figure something out even if he had to drive people or figure out a car pooling system. He doesn't have to pay for his gas so it would just be his time. After work I had missed the bus by minutes and had to wait an hour for the bus so went to the Burger King to stay warm with fries and a diet coke. A co-worker bought pizza for us to eat at work. The ex ordered Chinese for dinner using the excuse that if he took something out for dinner I would have said I didn't want it even though I gave him the choice what to take out of the freezer. Tried to shovel but it didn't work so well so used a couple bags of salt to hopefully help with traction if nothing else. Lots of take out today. The furnace is not happy about the negative double digits and wind chill and is not working right but that's nothing unusual. Watching the Lions game against the Rams at least till I go to bed. Work again tomorrow. Will try to check in on Wednesday but will see what happens.

Connie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain at -19 below wind chill that is cold. Today took away my breath, but at this point my body doesn't do well with many things. Last yar in Feb LOL do you remember when we hit -44 wind chill? That was WILD!!! I hope you were able to stay inside as much as possible.
    @Lavalily, So sorry, but I did giggle. At 63 I am usually in shorts. Right now it's (10:45 PM EST) it's 28, and feels like 16 (Wind chill, what the temp feels like on your skin). We had a snow squall earlier so the roads are wet, and now it's freezing.
    @Kurtize, I can do my taxes now and just haven't but, I WILL!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and I do not work today due to a Federal Holiday, but Joe works until 12:30 pm today as he has a doctor's appointment in Grand Rapids today. So we will head there after he comes home and we eat lunch. Then after that we will get dinner and then go to the Estate Planning Seminar at our church. I am hoping they are still having it tonight. I really need this seminar. I cannot reschedule. I just cannot take that time off work. It really stinks that the weather is all messed up and I may not be able to go to this seminar like we really need to.

@lavalily - I kinda forgot for a bit also. We are currently in the middle of a giant cold snap. Oh your cold snap is way different than mine. Right now I am -24 with the windchill. I would be one of those tourists wearing shorts in your town.
    @Kurtize - That is awesome. 40% way to go.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am glad your boss is saying they will help figure something out if the buses strike. Sorry you missed the bus. Yeah we ended up having to use a spade shovel to break up the frozen snow so we could get it out of the driveway. It took both Joe and I. I hope your furnace powers through.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am staying inside as much as possible. Right now it is -24 with the wind chill. We are not going out unless we have to. Joe does work this morning, and then an appointment after work in Grand Rapids. Then hopefully the Estate Planning Seminar at church.

Well I hope you all have a great Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Discover your deep inner-self and from that place spread love in every direction.—Amit Ray
    I AM: I take care of myself so I can stay fit and strong.
    Action for Happiness: Get outside and notice 5 things that are beautiful.
    Happy Bagel Day!!! and Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!!
    Pliability: QOTD: Winners never quit and quitters never win.—Vince Lombardi
    Day 14 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.0 miles yesterday. Day 14 of 75 Hard Complete and now beginning Day 15 with 16OZ of water before going to get my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ bottle.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Monday. Just trying to stay warm. Not too much new. I did like today's Inspiration.

x2vp6pr7001o.jpg
  • imustloseit1
    Options
    Well good evening everyone, hope you had a great day. Mine was really nice, as after having no heat the last 2 days, it was great to wake up to a warm house. Nothing was wrong with the furnace, it was someone who packed the furnace when our H/AC guy bought it and sent the wrong thermostate, and when the wind chill got down to -40 it just couldnt handle it, and shut down. So there was no charge for it and he will be talking to the company and I amagine that he will get paid from them. Today being Monday of course was laundry day, so that kept me busy this morning. This afternoon I just kind of sluffed off.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I hope you were able to attend the seminar. Mine was pretty straight forward, my GD is already on my account as also a full owner, all she'll have to do is being in my death certificate and she'll be able to have it all. Everything else is written out and she'll follow up very well no doubt. And if not, well LOLOL I'll not know! Hope it all goes well for you both!
    @Kurtize, I'm showing my colors!! WOOHOO!!
    @Imustloseit1 WOOHOO OH thats so COOL!! WTG!!! OH NICE!!
    TOday I spent part of it with a friend planning a trip. It started with 5 of us and now 3 because we couldn't get tickets for 5 only 4. We'll give one of those up. We looked and looked for a place for us to stay. We decided to each look, and called each other tonight, hmmm we both choose the SAME PLACE!!! LOLOL Tons of places and we choose the SAME ONE!! A bnb with 3 bedrooms so we can each have our own. It's more costly, but it's worth it.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and I am back to work today. It is a short week and I am excited because this week I am supposed to have my performance review from my boss. I am hoping that I learn what my pay increase will be and what if any my bonus will be. That would be nice to know about.

@imustloseit1 - That is good that they are not charging you for fixing the furnace. Definitely their problem since they installed the wrong thermostat.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yeah in Michigan it is not that simple. Unless you have a child or grandchild on all your belongings, or you have a Living Trust everything has to go through probate. It is horrible. That is pretty cool that you all chose the same place. That tells me you are all really good friends and have similar tastes.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: From caring comes courage.—Laozi
    I AM: I accept myself exactly as I am. I am free of comparison to others.
    Action for Happiness: Contribute positively to your local community.
    Happy National Hot and Spicy Food Day!!! And Happy National Religious Freedom Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.—Neymar Jr.
    Day 15 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 16 with 16OZ of water before going to fill my 64 OZ bottle and get my protein coffee. Day 15 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.76 miles yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,452 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny and cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. I went to the Art drop in program that's at the building that's close to my place this morning and I really enjoyed it. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    s4j25djlos8c.png
  • imustloseit1
    Options
    Hope you are all having a great day, and oh my it is so nice to have a nice warm house again. And to stress again it was not our Heating and Cooling guy, it was the company where it was purchased. They send the wrong thermostate.
    Well, so nice to have a nice warm house, as that darn gunk I had is back with avenges, Have run a slight fever all afternoon, but still managed to go thru some of the boxes that were in the big closet, and now am down 4 big boxes, and seperated a whole big box of photo into each boys got a pile, and I got one also. Was fun looking back on so many years. Lots of memeroies, good and bad. But that is life.
    I also am finding that the when you take a brea, Hara Buec bo ???. and set your fork down and just quite with that is really a great idea ,Even tho with this cold I don't have much appitite it is still a good way to begin, and I have, Thanks for the hint. Going to keep it up.
    The sun was out strong today and it did get above 0, got a whole 3 degrees, but with this darn gunk coming back I only went outside losng enough to fed Duke and the birds. Got a prescript that I am out of, and didn't feel like going to town to pick it up, and as long as I have a fever I am staying home, It can wait a few days, it for my athasma and haven't had an episode in a few years so I still have a daily inhaler so I should get by.
    You all have a great eveningl Linda