Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 22nd January

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited January 29 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Thought I'd at least check in.

I stopped logging my food and exercise. But I still mostly follow keto diet and hour to begin exercise again when it's a little warmer.

I weighed in today at 86.1kg ( gained couple back since late November, but still looking good)

Peace!
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Doing something positive for myself today....for whatever reason as I drove into work I started to feel "down", like that self pitying feeling, so I am posting bright an early to keep myself focused on achieving goals.
    SW: 228 (103.42 KG)
    CW: 173 (78.47 KG)
    Total Lost: 55lbs (24.95 KG)

Added in the KG just to see how these #'s look...and because technically we use KG here in Canada

My goal seems to be in limbo, but when I started this I wanted to drop 80 lbs so I think still need to stick to that, but I may or may not put me in at weight range that works for me, but I will cross that bridge when I get there...and I WILL get there, come hell or high water!!!!

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,175 Member
    edited January 22
    Options
    GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Jan 22, 2024
    Last: 246.7 lbs
    TW: 244.8 lbs
    Variance: -1.9 lbs

Three Four weeks in a row with a loss. That's good. I'm coming down from close to my all-time high weight. It has not been extreme, after covid hit I ballooned up and I've been stable for a couple years up here in the 240s. ( Why can't I be stably in the 140s?)

Having a short and sweet daily home yoga practice this month has allowed me to always keep my health in the front of mind. I think it has helped. Glad you are back @ikalujny
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    SW: 200 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs
    LW: 188.6 lbs
    CW: 187.8 lbs

Didn't do great with logging this week but a loss is a loss.
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    SW on Jan.1, 2024: 189.2 lbs
    LW: 183 lbs
    TW:  181.2 lbs
    Difference: ⬇️1.8 lbs
    Have a nice week everyone 🌝
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,175 Member
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    ... technically we use KG here in Canada

Most of this group seems outside of the U.S., you do you, I don't want to assert U.S. pound privilege. My metric system sisters and brothers are wholly welcomed.

You "Stone" people though...come on! 😁
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    GoalWeight: 174 lbs
    Weigh In Date Jan 22, 2023
    LastWeek: 198.0 lbs
    ThisWeek: 194.6 lbs
    Variance: 3.4 lb LOSS

Juice and a combo of the NO and Push Away diets. All Whole Food Plant Based/Nutritarian/G-BOMBS. Working working working.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 24
    Options
    Good Morning. Doing something positive for myself today....for whatever reason as I drove into work I started to feel "down", like that self pitying feeling, so I am posting bright an early to keep myself focused on achieving goals.
    SW: 228 (103.42 KG)
    CW: 173 (78.47 KG)
    Total Lost: 55lbs (24.95 KG)

Added in the KG just to see how these #'s look...and because technically we use KG here in Canada

My goal seems to be in limbo, but when I started this I wanted to drop 80 lbs so I think still need to stick to that, but I may or may not put me in at weight range that works for me, but I will cross that bridge when I get there...and I WILL get there, come hell or high water!!!!

I use KG too (then technically I have less to lose 😂) and technically most people still use Stones & Pounds here but when I first set up the group it was mostly American users so I figured it would be easier for me to just convert the odd one or two from kg to lbs as I use pounds in the spreadsheet.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    Short Term GW: 120kg (264.6lbs)
    Long Term GW: 100kg (220.5lbs)
    Ultimate GW: 90kg (198.5lbs)
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 122.9kg (271.0lbs)
    CW: 123.6kg (272.6lbs)
    Variance to last week: +0.7kg (+1.6lbs)
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ikalujny wrote: »
    Hi guys! Thought I'd at least check in.

I stopped logging my food and exercise. But I still mostly follow keto diet and hour to begin exercise again when it's a little warmer.

I weighed in today at 86.1kg ( gained couple back since late November, but still looking good)

Peace!

How's keto been? I've done it before but I just couldn't stick with it because I'm greedy!
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Options
    ... technically we use KG here in Canada

Most of this group seems outside of the U.S., you do you, I don't want to assert U.S. pound privilege. My metric system sisters and brothers are wholly welcomed.

You "Stone" people though...come on! 😁

Lol I don't understand the stone thing
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Options

Juice and a combo of the NO and Push Away diets. All Whole Food Plant Based/Nutritarian/G-BOMBS. Working working working.

Ooo big loss
  • thomasjohnlynch
    Options

Ooo big loss

yeah, juice, juice, juice. Nothing but glasses or juice and I cut it with water, but just kept drinking if I felt hungry. You can drink as much tomato or clery or prune juice as you want. It keeps you full. I got down to the 194 then popped up a lb or two, but hopefully gonna take the slow road down , down, down. My exercise dropped off bad because of some work stuff and business reviews and etc etc.

I am gonna get back on track I hope.

except I just stole a few Dots Pretzels from my daughters bag she left in my office!!!!! https://www.hersheyland.com/products?brand=Dot's homestyle pretzels

They MUST have crack or fentanyl on them!!!!! THE definition of a hyperpalatable food!!!!

This is quite frankly the simple and single reason why Americans and others are losing the battle since the 1980s with weight gain, diabesity, and all the chronic disease like CHD, Stroke, diabetes, cancers, etc etc. We are absolutely no different than crack or fentanyl drug addicts. Except our federal govt allows it and the food industry (most funded by the tobacco industry via INVESTMENTS)

KU scientist Tera Fazzino
    First described by KU scientist Tera Fazzino in 2019, hyper-palatable foods have specific combinations of fat, sugar, sodium and carbohydrates — think of potato chips — that make them artificially rewarding to eat and harder to stop consuming.

• thomasjohnlynch
    Options
    Hyper Palatable Food ..... brilliant. This guy is a bit of a dingbat, but he does the study and data and research.... https://youtu.be/GU7u-wuvOB8?si=DtTZZ2OKMT60CXUN

FSOD foods. Here is an article. https://news.ku.edu/2023/01/30/research-shows-impact-hyper-palatable-foods-across-four-diets#:~:text=First described by KU scientist,and harder to stop consuming.

Remember the old ad in like the 1970s?? about here is your brain, and here is your brain on drugs? with an egg in the frying pan?

Well now sugar, oil, and salt (SOS) and all the chemicals and genetic mutations of most everything is now triggering our dopamine receptors and rewarding us..... and playing with satiety and ghrelin and we never get full or feel satisfied.

Food is a "drug" and we are drug addicts.

<soap box off> LET'S RALLY and WIN THE BATTLE ONE WEEK AT A TIME!

Just say NO, and PUSH AWAY Diet.

~Thomas~
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm switching over to Sunday weigh-ins for a bit!

Goal: 200 lbs
    SW: 279
    LW: 255.5
    CW: 255.0

Bumped back down from my gain on Monday. I'm a little sad that I'm ending January with such a small loss for the month, but I'm reminding myself that it is a loss and I have some lovely new healthy habits to take away from this month.
This discussion has been closed.