Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,124 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , congratulations on raising as much as you did. I'm tired so I'm keeping it brief tonight.
    @Kurtize, waving!
    @imustloseit1 , You're working so hard I bet it's beautiful. That shelf sounds wonderful. Sometimes we have to take time off and keep them working so hard it's okay. Glad you got to rest.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a good day. I will be continuing to work on my memberships and my credit cards. I am hoping to get some this month.

@imustloseit1 - Your me time sounds amazing. I see felt as amazing. It has so many different uses. I would not be traveling outside either.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope you got some extra sleep. Have a good night.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit to those who are reading this to bring luck for a new month.
    Insight Timer Quote: To bring about change, you must not be afraid to take the first step. We will fail when we fail to try.—Rosa Parks
    I AM: I am a peaceful, joyful being.
    Action for Happiness: Send a message to let someone know you’re thinking of them.
    Happy National Baked Alaska Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 31 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.92 miles yesterday.
    Day 31 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 32 with my hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ Sports Shaker for the first time today.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Happy new month and new beginnings. My goals for Feb are to increase steps by 100, work more on my ST and day a day to relax. I also started a new Conqueror Challenge virtual walk, Dublin. Here is my start info.
    bac7o2cujojq.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , When you talk on the phone do you smile? It carries through even though the client can't see it. I wish you the BEST on cards, travel, and memberships!! I DID Sleep AMAZING last night hour wise, a few nightmares which happens from time to time, but it'll drop again.
    @Kurtize that walk looks AMAZING to me!! WTG!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a good day. I did pretty good on memberships yesterday in that I spoke to a woman who wanted me to call back today at 3pm to sign up her, her husband, and her daughter who is also in the household. I am hoping she was actually telling the truth. Sometimes they say what you want to hear and then don't answer the phone when you call at the expected time. So we will see. If so that will be 3 memberships in the first week. So not too bad. That would be a good start.

@Kurtize - That looks like a great walking choice. Way to go on your goals.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes, I definitely try to smile while on the phone. I even talk with them and joke about the weather or finally seeing the sun after so long. My issue is out of 31 calls yesterday only 4 people actually answered the phone. Everyone else was either just a call cause their voicemail is full or not set up or I had to leave a voicemail.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: When you fight something, you’re tied to it forever. As long as you’re fighting it, you’re giving it power.—Anthony De Mello
    I AM: I allow love and gratitude to co-exist happily within my heart.
    Action for Happiness: Ask a friend how they have been feeling recently.
    Happy National Tator Tot Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Nelson Mandela
    Day 32 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.03 miles yesterday.
    Day 32 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 33 with my hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and filling my 64OZ Sports Shaker for the first time.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Great job yesterday! Hopefully the lady will enter today. But I understand sometime people say that stuff and anybody that makes any phone calls understand that's going to happen. You may, or may not know that I am one if Jehovah's Witnesses. We often go door to door talking to people, but when we can't find them at home sometimes we try to find them on them on the phone. And then we can't find them those ways then we'll send them a letter. No I understand exactly what it's like when you call somebody. Only with they don't know we're going to be calling. I do not mind leaving messages. I hope you have a good weekend planned.
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Finally Friday, and look back on the week and I would say it has been a successful one. Now next week my goal is to finish putting the things all back in the dining room and the huge closet. That will take a couple days at least to get it all figured out and put away. It is racking my brain on what I want to keep in the china hutch and what to find a new place for them.. I know there is a lot of things that really don't belong in there, but it turned into a place to put something that really didn't fit anywhere else. Well, that is going to stop right here, and only things that should be in a china hutch is going back in. I hope anyway.
    @macrat12 I do like the quote about change, that is so true, and I need to give it is thought. Serious thoughts.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Imustloseit1, You are doing so WONDERFUL!! WOW!! You no doubt have burned off a ton of calories!! WTG!!! I am downsizing a lot. It's very very freeing!! I am LOVING IT!! Why not rehome the items you do not wish to be in the hutch? If they are salable, why not bring in an extra bit of cash. If that's cash you do not need/want, you can always donate it to a charity of your choice.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and I am probably going to be a grouch today. No coffee today and no food until I get my bloodwork done after 8 am. So since it will be so late I won't get any coffee and will have to deal with a caffeine headache. So I am probably going to be really rude today, and not want to deal with the public. Which I have to go grocery shopping today and I have to deal with Joe today who is going to get on my nerves without coffee. I can see it happening.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yeah she did not answer the phone. I do understand people will say what they think you want to hear. What I really want is just to be told the truth. If you are not interested then say so.
    @imustloseit1 - You are doing amazing. I need to do that for a couple areas of my house. So we will see how that goes here at home.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Moment after moment everything comes out of nothingness. This is the true joy of life.—Shunryu Suzuki
    I AM: I am worthy of everything I work for and manifest.
    Action for Happiness: Do an act if kindness to make life easier for someone.
    Happy National Carrot Cake Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to do great work is to love what you do.—Steve Jobs
    Day 33 of 2024 complete and I had 5.60 miles yesterday.
    Day 33 of 75 Hard complete and beginning Day 34 with my hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ Sports Shaker for the first time today.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Saturday. Happy with my weight loss. Finally out of 190's hopping to stay out.

I received my first post card on my Dublin walk. Here is link. I like the way things are described because I know I will never go to these places in real life.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Hmmm I agree on people should just say for sure one way or the other. Is there a more indept way you can word that? Perhaps your supervisor can help or a co worker? Hope you got through the day without the caffiene or got some after the tests. I got OFF caffiene I needed to. It was causing anxiety (I HAD NO CLUE it was!! Others noticed it!) I immediately felt less depression etc as I did so. My GD is now climbing OFF the caffiene train, I am so happy to hear that!! Today LOL was a fun enough day. A friend stopped by, we went out and got a sandwich I had 1/2 for lunch and am finishing it off now. After that I went to someones unit here I had helped her over the past couple of days and was following up on things. After that I briefly stopped by the Community Room some I know play games daily. Chatted with them and came back up to my place. HAPPILY Greeted LOL by Izzy and Oscar! Talked on the phone to 3 other people, I SHOULD be peopled OUT NOW!
    @Kurtize, WOOHOO GREAT JOB with the weigh in!! AND the walk!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Have read through all the posts the best I could. Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

This week has been a busy and trying one. Monday I started training a new employee who is a very quick learner on my team for carbs when packing. Tuesday was prep day and it went as normal as usual. Wednesday was TOPS and gained 2 lbs. Also went into work and that was stressful as we were short 1 person and my friend was sick so she wasn't able to do the amount she normally does. We missed cooking a few things and the boss even cut out some of the things that needed to be cooked. Thursday was pack day my team was on a roll and on top of our game. That's when we discovered we missed cooking what we missed the night before. We still managed to get the packing done at a reasonable hour. Yesterday I had a busy day of groceries and then helping a friend. Reconfirmed my ride for if the buses strike as it's still a possibility on Monday. Yesterday and today the boss has been sending messages of meal complaints out to everyone. Thank goodness none of the complaints have anything to do with my team. Today I did dishes, laundry confirmed my ride for tomorrow's early morning shift with the boss, made dinner and did some reading. The ex spent the day sleeping while I did all his chores and then had an attitude all night. Yesterday while at my friend's I did some apartment searching and requested a viewing for one. It's a little out of the area I want but the price is right.

Connie
  • imustloseit1
    Options
    Today I, or I should say we, as I did have to recruit hubby to help a little bit with a couple of the heavy boxes to move them back into that big closet. I can't believe how much more room I have in there, it looks kind of bare. With all of that put away, I started on rearrange that formal living room where everything has been stored. That meant I had to moved that huge sectional, and boy that was a tussle, but I got it moved after hubby came in to see what I was doing, and after he call me a dumb bunny for asking for helped he pitch in and we got it moved, and when he left I finished moving the rest of the furniture, tables, and photos, and of course everything was wiped down first, so everything is shining. And it does look so fresh. Maybe tomorrow I will get at that China Hutch, and then after today I just might take the day off. We will see how this 80 year old body will feel after the work out today. And of course Shorty, had to watch the progress, and checked everything out, even opening the closet door when I closed it when I was done. Kenney Girl, neh, she will check it out when there is no one around,
    Now, it time to sit down and relax before bedtime. Hope you took some ME TIME today/ Linda :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and Joe and I are heading into church in person. This is going to be a good day. I cannot wait to see what we have going on today. I am super excited. We are going to get some walking in and I think that it is going to be fun. I am going to wreck my diet today. I know that because we are going to be eating out so we can get some exercise in after church. Also church gets out at 12 and it is an hour back home. We usually end up getting super hungry by the end of church. I was thinking of packing lunches but I am not sure we could keep them cold enough. That might be a problem. I am not sure if we should try or not worry about it and just eat out. I am not sure. Ugh the dilemma about this. I want to lose weight and if I eat out I am definitely going to gain weight. I just think it is not fair how this works. I know I am not supposed to compare between Joe and I but it just seems so easy for him to lose weight. It is not fair.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I don't know that it would necessarily help with them changing anything. I went over the pricing and the benefits. So she new how much the cost was and everything I hid nothing, and she seemed to get it. I will try to call again next week. One more call and then I will dismiss it as a bad lead. I did do well without the caffeine. I substituted with a tiny bit of pop. So like maybe 2 or 3 ounces of pepsi. My test went well. She only requested my potassium level since it was low last time. Now it is in the normal range. Barely normal, but it is normal. It definitely sounds like you were peopled out.
    @Kurtize - I am glad you got a new postcard from Dublin. I cannot wait to read about it.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hate when my work is short staffed. So much more work to do for less people. So glad you got no complaints on your food. It is nice to confirm your rides just in case. I think as long as that apartment looks right and you can get to work, then it should be a good option for you to move into.
    @imustloseit1 - Sounds like you are busting out moves left and right. You are getting a lot accomplished. I am glad you had someone to help, and also glad you know when to relax.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: There are a thousand reasons to live this life, every one of them is sufficient.—Marilynne Robinson
    I AM: I am incredibly grateful for my strong body, generous heart, and inquisitive mind.
    Action for Happiness: Invite a friend over for a ‘tea break’ (in person or virtual)
    Happy National Sweater Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.—Wilma Rudolph
    Day 34 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.23 miles yesterday.
    Day 34 of 75 Hard complete now beginning Day 35 with my hydration drink before going to make my protein coffee and fill my 64OZ Sports Shaker for the first time today.
  • imustloseit1
    Options
    The dining room is DONE. I got everything I wanted back in the China Hutch. Everything is was washed and it is sparkling, and it feels great to have it all done. Very grateful that we have that 3 season patio, or I don't know where a lot of this stuff would have gone while waiting for the floor to get done. So gratefull that son was able to do it. And all the boxes everything was stored in are all in the shop area to be burnt later. Now I don't know what I will be doing with my time. hahaha, I think I will be taking a day off tomorrow and just recoopernate, been going 90 MPH this last 10 days, now just to sit back and enjoy all my hard work. I think Shortey and Kinney Girl will also be glad to have a day without all the hubbub going on around here. lol I have left their beds along, so they have a welcoming place to go. But it was entertaining for them with all the boxes to try out. lol Hubby also helped today putting stuff on the high areas, and carring in the heavy boxes, that really helped. So the rest of this evening I am just going to watch a movie and relax. And enjoy some ME TIME. Hope you enjoy so ME TIME also. Linda
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited February 5
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 , I knew once you got into a position with a job that you enjoyed you would be a most terrific employee. I hope your boss lets you know that you are I can tell how much you enjoy it even when it's stressful. That would be fantastic if you get that apartment. That would help you out in so many ways. If you don't hopefully another one will come along that you would like, can afford, and hopefully even close to work. You are an amazing person. You lift my spirits.
    @Tabatha_Cain , I hope you had a great day. That you were able to go out for the walk. That's awesome! I go out and eat every single Sunday. When I get a normal meal I eat half of it. I bring the other half home and I either have it the next day. But many days I have the rest of it the same day. I get what I want but it accounts for my main calories for the day. And I may have a light snack at night. Right now of course we're doing me healthy snack 200 calorie to last That can only benefit me. And today I went out and today I'm in calorie range. I am not careful on what I order I get what I want. I hope that makes sense. I was peopled out lol lol. I never used to be.
    @imustloseit1, congratulations! That is terrific that it's all back together and how pleased you are. Enjoy a day off! You have worked so hard over the past 10 days. Glad I'll be with able to help you today. Get that me time in! Smiling.