Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! I hope you’re having a good week. Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 143.8
    CW: 143.5

SW: 168
    Ltd: 24.5

My target weight is 125-130 so I have 15-20 pounds to lose. I’m building more fruit and vegetables into my diet and plan to add some more movement into my day by riding my bike or walking more, instead of driving my car. I have a doctor appointment in April so I’ll use that to motivate me in the coming months! Best wishes in reaching your goals, Shape Shifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited February 8
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 - I’m so glad to hear your recovery is going well. Physical therapy really helped me stay accountable to doing the exercises to help me heal my shoulder. I should continue to do the exercises since it still bothers me, but I am not as dedicated to the exercises on my own. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the good advice for making it more difficult to eat food we’re trying to avoid @Pupowl. We can all benefit from your helpful tips! I wish exercise made a bigger difference in the weight loss puzzle but it’s only worth about one small snack. It also gets us in trouble sometimes because most people over-estimate calories burned from exercise and underestimate the number of calories we eat. 🙃
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @itadakimasu7 - I’m so glad you’re still participating in the group! I hope you’ll come back more formally but any participation is better than none. I just want to be clear that I don’t consider it “detrimental” to the team if you don’t register a loss. It feels far more detrimental to lose a team member to me. Have you tried logging your food without trying to make any adjustments for weight loss or exercise?

I find it helpful to see patterns after a set time and then make small food substitutions. For example, I noticed I would snack while making dinner because I was hungry. So, I had much higher calories in the afternoon and evening. Now, I try to eat fruit to satisfy my afternoon cravings, and I often add a little Greek yogurt and nuts for protein, which seems to keep me satisfied longer. I also stopped buying ice cream and eat yogurt or tapioca pudding instead.

This part is difficult but makes a difference for me when it works — staying neutral and not self-criticizing. Without judging myself and, instead, treating food tracking data patterns like a science experiment, I sometimes do better. Your post was a good reminder to me about reducing the amount of emotion involved. Not all contributions to the team involve a weight loss compared to other teams! Your photos, humor, storytelling skills, artistic talent, honesty, and many other contributions are just as important. That’s what makes a community or a team — we bring different knowledge, skills, etc. and combine them to become better together.

It prompted me to re-read the MFP Success Story discussion below, which has been recommended by many people. It might be helpful to you: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10806436/what-do-you-notice-what-do-you-wonder/p1

When I select the “Nutrition” option from the main menu and review my stats using the weekly view — Last 7 days — I can get a better sense of the changes I need to make. I used to review the stats and reflect every week but I’ve lapsed in that area lately. I’m going to re-commit to this habit this week. Thanks again for the many ways you all enhance the Shape Shifter team!
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday - 10,856
    Monday - 10,893
    Tuesday - 10,285
    Wednesday – 11,639
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    kcpond

Thursday Weigh In
    PW: 237.4
    CW: 238.4
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    TGIF💥💥💥
    m8qwacy6m5u1.jpg
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-185
    Current weight-183.6
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday - 10,856
    Monday - 10,893
    Tuesday - 10,285
    Wednesday – 11,639
    Thursday – 6,870
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    February week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday, February 9
    PW: 242.2
    CW: 244.3 ( gained 2.1 lbs; 0.87%)
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 199.0
    CW 199.5
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options

Sorry for being absent lately. I got to travel to Australia for work, which was a busy but fun experience. We also had to say goodbye to one of our dogs, and our last senior pet, on Tuesday. She's the third we've had to say goodbye to in the last 18 months. It was a hard decision but it was what she needed to end her pain. Our family is taking it hard.

@bearchested I'm so sorry you're dealing with the loss of your fur baby...it's so hard to let them go, but it sounds like it was best for her. So very sorry. May you find peace in your memories of happier times with all of them that you've lost.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    REMINDER...

So far this week, we're missing three weigh-ins (not including Saturday):

@Cyncia85
    @juliestokes4772
    @pedal__power

Please report in so we can catch up the stats. Thanks!

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.