WeightNoMore Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott please excuse me from this Saturday’s weigh in. I’m out of town and am extending my trip with no scale available. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    @daria0919 - You got it, not a problem. Have fun!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 188.6
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I do get some good steps some days running around the school, up and down the stairs. Like today was one of those days. Lately there are times I am so busy I don't even get to eat breakfast. I know it will change when we can hire people because it wasn't always like this. This is why I am really looking forward to my mini vacation.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ~ STEPS CHALLENGE RESULTS ~
    January Week 5 FINAL

Team Statistics
    Total Steps: 451,848
    Participants: 9*
    Average Steps per Person: 50,240 (9.42% higher than last week's, even adjusted for late submissions)

Final Monthly Steps: 1,517,522

The Leaderboard

@andja87 - 103,702 total | 14,815 average Most Steps in One Day
    @Emilienewme - 81,580 total | 11,656 average
    @daria0919 - 61,140 total | 8,734 average
    @ljdanny - 44,327 total | 6,332 average
    @BodyTalking - 43,808 total | 6,258 average
    @Losingweekly - 41741 total | 5,963 average
    @sydditt - 39,826 total | 5,689 average
    @melaniedscott - 20,010 total | 2,859 average Most Consistent
    @9Harvey (one day only) - 15,705 total | 3926* average
    *Only 4 days reported

We ended the month with an awesome increase over December! Some walked a little less, but many stepped it up. @andja87 had fewer steps than the week previous but still walked twice the steps most of us walked. Super walking!

Bolded walkers met their goal! Our 1.1 million step goal for the month was easily met, in fact, we broke 1.5 million steps! Superb!

To those who are not currently part of the step team, it's super easy to join and a great way to be more involved with the group if you're looking for something else to hold you accountable. Joining merely involves posting your weekly steps (Sunday - Saturday) either day-by-day or a weekly total. Those posting the weekly totals are not eligible for the Most Steps or Most Consistent awards, but will still be included on the leaderboard.

What goal do we want to set for February?
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Friday weight

CW 79.3kg

Cheers
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Previous weight 85.5kg (188.5lbs)
    Current weight 85.0kg (187.4lbs)

I stayed within my calorie deficit and managed to avoid the mindless chocolate eating

Exercise was good: 🏃‍♀️run on Sunday and Thursday, 🥋 taekwondo class on Wednesday and later, 🏋️‍♀️ online class on Tuesday and 🧘‍♀️yoga Tuesday and Thursday

Next week is school holidays for us so I have a week off. My parents are coming to visit and stay with us for the week so logging food and lighters meal options will be more limited, also probably less steps than when I am in work but I will try my best

Have a nice day everyone
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    🩷🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛✖️✖️⚪⚪ Exercise
    🩷🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ Caloric deficit
    🩷🧡💛💚💙⚪⚪ 1.5+ ltr water
    ✖️✖️💛💚💙⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep

My feet are aching! I'm not sure what the problem is but I could hardly walk yesterday morning while I was going to and from the underground stations. Anyway, I'm flexing them when I can, am wearing different shoes each day and have woven some French-knitted cord in and out the gaps between my toes to stretch them in case they're a bit cramped. They do feel less painful today compared to yesterday. However, it's a struggle to walk much and do some exercises. I have managed to reach my basic 6,000 steps a day though.
  • BodyTalking
    edited February 9
    Options
    @Emilienewme

My YouTube Yoga links

https://youtu.be/4tR0nVX8qEM?si=7yT_mkkNcyjlORew

https://youtube.com/@YogaSongHayeon?si=cqX3WAQ_N66rhUFh

https://youtube.com/@yogawithtim?si=u4gSvEk4KTPaJys4

My playlist of videos

• sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 513 Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Sun - Sat)
    ⚪️🧡⚪️💚💙⚪️⚪️ (Protein/Fiber)
    ⚪️🧡💛💚💙⚪️⚪️ (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙⚪️⚪️ (Steps 5k+)

I think I might edit this for next week to follow my weigh-in day.

Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 179.8
    Feb 9: 178.8

GW (Feb) 175
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 513 Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    Anybody found any good flexibility workouts? (Not necessarily yoga! I hate yoga! 😂)

I like to change things up every few months or so, and something came across my newsfeed at work about someone swearing by an exercise plan that is 3 days strength training, 2 days flexibility, and 1 day of cardio (that would be a bit more than a daily walk (hike, bike ride, HIIT, skiing.). I’m in the middle of a 2-3x/week strength program, and I KNOW flexibility is where I’m lacking - so I think I might try that.

Feeling a bit of winter doldrums and want to try something new.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    Anybody found any good flexibility workouts? (Not necessarily yoga! I hate yoga! 😂)

I like to change things up every few months or so, and something came across my newsfeed at work about someone swearing by an exercise plan that is 3 days strength training, 2 days flexibility, and 1 day of cardio (that would be a bit more than a daily walk (hike, bike ride, HIIT, skiing.). I’m in the middle of a 2-3x/week strength program, and I KNOW flexibility is where I’m lacking - so I think I might try that.

Feeling a bit of winter doldrums and want to try something new.

@sydditt -

I highly recommend looking into mobility training. It's less yoga-esque flexibility work, incorporates some yoga moves, but doesn't have a flow focus to it.

Here's a good place to start:
    https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/a40059106/mobility-exercises/

Highly recommend keeping everything slow, and focus on your form. Doing these in front of a mirror would be useful.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 217.4
    CW (Current Weight): 216.2
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @BodyTalking thank you for the yoga and workout links, I will give those a try 💛
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 79.5 kg/175.3 lb
    Current weight: 79.5 kg/175.3 lb

Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    🩷🧡💛💚💙🐢⚪ 6,000+ Steps
    🩷🧡💛🦥🦥💜⚪ Exercise
    🩷🧡💛💚💙🐷⚪ Caloric deficit
    🩷🧡💛💚💙💜⚪ 1.5+ ltr water
    🦉🦉💛💚💙💜🤎 6+ hrs Sleep

I didn't like having the big crosses when I didn't get a goal, so I'm changing to some appropriate animals instead 🐸

I had wine and sweets last night and watched a 3 hour long film (The Message) rather than go for a walk but, thankfully, I've stayed at the same weight as last week 🦧
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 218
    Cw- 217.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The February Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb 11th, running through Saturday, Feb. 17th. Please join us for Fifteen for Fitness. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909403/february-week-2-group-challenge-fifteen-for-fitness#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps Total, 04-10 Feb: 43,707

S 6003
    M 7544
    T 7888
    W 6117
    T 6460