Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 - I’m sorry to hear about the difficult start to your week. I’m glad it got better and you were able to enjoy a nice walk with your son and dogs. It looks like a clear day after your cold spell, with such a long view of the horizon— a beautiful vista!

@bearchested (& @KHill875) - My heart goes out to you and your family. That’s a lot of grief and loss to process. I’m sorry you’re going through another heartbreaking loss. ❤️‍🩹

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    alleykat69
    weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 203.7
    CW: 202.8

It's been a good week. Only had a few unhealthy snacks this week. I hate to see what happens next week. Sunday is football and I'm having a party. I didn't buy unhealthy foods. wings, meat/cheese plater with crackers, vegetables plater, jalapeño poppers, and alcohol.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 2/6: 15,679
    Wed 2/7: 14,272
    Thu 2/8: 14,535
    Fri 2/9: 11,777
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful place to walk @izzyred9400! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

@allykat69 - Enjoy the party! It sounds as though you have planned ahead by buying healthier snacks than you usually would. Because the Super Bowl build up and game take a long time, it’s usually the alcohol that adds the most calories for me. I don’t drink much alcohol these days but the culture of this kind of national sporting event usually leads me to drink a little more than I’d like. I think hosting makes it easier for me to resist though — I can make the snacks and alcohol available without pressuring anyone, etc.

My husband invited his karate students to our house for a Lunar New Year get-together. The students are going to make gyoza from scratch, including the dumpling ‘skin’ wrapping. Another friend gave us a traditional Vietnamese dish to try for the first time. So, we’ll have a sampling of New Year’s dishes to eat together. I’m not really interested in either of the teams playing in the football championship game this year but my husband scheduled the student celebration earlier in the day so he still has time to watch the game on Sunday night. Is there a particular team you’re cheering for @alleykat69?

Originally, he wanted to host them on Saturday (tonight) but we already made a dinner reservation with friends. We’ve been trying to schedule this dinner for a long time but their schedule didn’t match with my husband’s schedule because they had an evening class they were taking together for rowing on the alternate nights that my husband teaches karate. So, I certainly didn’t want to have to reschedule!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you! I know downsizing is a big process for most people. A couple of years ago I went on a big minimalism spree. I knew I had to move a couple of times in a short period and lugging around 20+ boxes of books over and over was not very appealing. So I sold a lot of things, gave away a lot of things. I get very restless now when I feel like I have too much stuff (I don't use) or when a room has too much furniture or even when my things don't have their own designated space. I personally love cleaning, tidying, clearing things out. The only annoying thing is that I don't have a car, so bigger items that need to get thrown out, are currently piling up in the garage. That area will need to be dealt with at some point as well!
    I also can't stand having a bunch of things hidden away in boxes or closets. If it is just sitting there, do I really need to keep hanging onto it? For a few sentimental items maybe, but I do my best to only have things that I use/need/display. Good luck with the decluttering, I hope you can get a lot done when you are alone!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Pedal__power
    PW 207
    CW 209.4
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

After being sick for a few weeks, I’m slowly getting back on the flow of things.
    Starting Monday I’ll get back on my daily smoothies, and gym regimen.

Here is my Saturday weigh in

190.9 lbs

Includes pms bloat, next week I should get a better picture.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    6sn7xw4u19dp.jpg
    Missing 3 weigh-ins for the week:

@Cyncia85
    @juliestokes4772
    @abowersgirl

Stats begin early tomorrow morning, so report in ASAP. Thanks!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The February Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb 11th, running through Saturday, Feb. 17th. Please join us for Fifteen for Fitness. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909403/february-week-2-group-challenge-fifteen-for-fitness#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    edited February 10
    Options
    What a beautiful place to walk @izzyred9400! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

@allykat69 - Enjoy the party! It sounds as though you have planned ahead by buying healthier snacks than you usually would. Because the Super Bowl build up and game take a long time, it’s usually the alcohol that adds the most calories for me. I don’t drink much alcohol these days but the culture of this kind of national sporting event usually leads me to drink a little more than I’d like. I think hosting makes it easier for me to resist though — I can make the snacks and alcohol available without pressuring anyone, etc.

My husband invited his karate students to our house for a Lunar New Year get-together. The students are going to make gyoza from scratch, including the dumpling ‘skin’ wrapping. Another friend gave us a traditional Vietnamese dish to try for the first time. So, we’ll have a sampling of New Year’s dishes to eat together. I’m not really interested in either of the teams playing in the football championship game this year but my husband scheduled the student celebration earlier in the day so he still has time to watch the game on Sunday night. Is there a particular team you’re cheering for @alleykat69?

Originally, he wanted to host them on Saturday (tonight) but we already made a dinner reservation with friends. We’ve been trying to schedule this dinner for a long time but their schedule didn’t match with my husband’s schedule because they had an evening class they were taking together for rowing on the alternate nights that my husband teaches karate. So, I certainly didn’t want to have to reschedule!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

It's going to be a great event. I did plan ahead so that I would have healthier options to choice from. I'm hosting the event so that no one has to bring anything. makes it even easier. that way no one brings unhealthy snacks. I'm not a drinker. My alcohol is seagram escapes, which has 3% alcohol in them. My team didn't make it this years, so I'm cheering on the 49ers.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    edited February 10
    Options
    REMINDER...

So far this week, we're missing three weigh-ins (not including Saturday):

@Cyncia85
    @juliestokes4772
    @pedal__power

Please report in so we can catch up the stats. Thanks!

Jessica

My apologies, Cyncia85 weigh-in for Sun Feb 4th

PW = 203.4
    CW = 203.4
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Hi Shape Shifters! I’m Patrice, a 57 year old woman living with my husband and two adult sons in the Washington, DC area of the USA. My husband and I both grew up in Boston, and our family travels regularly between Boston and Alexandria, VA to visit family and friends, care for aging relatives, and spend time with our son who attends Boston College. Our younger son attends Clemson University in South Carolina so we visit there sometimes, too. From our house, it’s about an 8-hour drive in either direction so they live near their college campuses most of the year. It’s fun to see them and catch up with their friends whenever they are ‘home’ so I’ll enjoy it while I can!

I joined MFP in December 2019 at 168 pounds, but I didn’t really build the habit of tracking my food and exercise until March 2020, when we were encouraged to stay at home to prevent the spread of COVID. There was a lot of uncertainty at the time and the only thing I felt I could ‘control’ was my health. So, I focused on eating healthier food and walked outside with my family whenever possible. I lost about 30 pounds by spring 2021 and stalled at 135 pounds. In June 2021, I joined the F2F group for extra support to reach my goal of 125 pounds, which I achieved (briefly!) around the end of September 2021.

I maintained my target range of 125-130 for about a year, but then my weight started creeping up as I concentrated on other areas of my life that I want to improve, such as decluttering our (still-too-full-of-stuff) house, now that we’re supposedly ‘empty nesters.’ I also started a business but I haven’t had much time to develop it beyond the basic essentials. (Note: I’ll cover this a bit more in a separate post in response to your question @Cyncia85 - sorry for the delay!)

Now that COVID is more manageable from a public health standpoint, and we’re socializing more, I have to work harder to return to my goal weight. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose — or re-lose? So, I’m trying to incorporate more ‘raw’ foods - like fruits, vegetables, legumes, etc. - into my diet; and, I want to increase my movement beyond my weekly rowing and soccer workouts. My younger son and I are exchanging texts three times a week to encourage one another to exercise in the morning, so we’ll see how that goes this month. Let’s make it a good one, and use the extra bonus day of leap year wisely! 😉 Go Shape Shifters!

Hi Patrice - I look forward to what you'd like to share about your business.
  • Cyncia85
    edited February 11
    Options
    Greetings Shape Shifters!

What mini goal is motivating you right now?

For me, my goal is to run a minimum of 35 miles during the month of February!
    40 or more miles would be great!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »

Hi Cyncia85 Nice catching up with you earlier!!! I just set my goal for intentional walking for the month. Last month, I did 65 miles, but that was really hard to complete with my schedule and all the stress lately at the office, looking for a new position, etc...plus I had a couple of days where I didn't feel well...hard to walk when you're sick...SO...for February I'm still doing 10k steps a day, but for intentional walking, I'm hoping to complete 50 miles. Good luck on your running goal! Do you try to do a certain number of miles per week on a set schedule, or just try to fit it in a certain number of days a week?

Good question!
    Jessica
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »

That’s a great goal! I used to be a runner (pre-babies) and ran 10K almost daily, but I honestly haven’t run in over 5 years.

My mini goal would be to get back into running (or at least jogging) this spring.
This discussion has been closed.