Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.—Pema Chodron
    I AM: I am growing as I go through experiences.
    Action for Happiness: Appreciate the good qualities of someone in your life.
    Happy National Random Act of Kindness Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: If you can dream it, you can do it.—Walt Disney
    Day 47 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 6.33 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting my 45 min walk in this morning then 60 min walk and Mobility this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,503 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Hope you all had a good weigh in. I am happy with my progress this challenge.
    Nothing too much new here except our crazy weather. Everyday was so nice in mid 60's yesterday and today, 20's and 30's. It is chilly.
    Have a great rest of the day, hugs and blessings.

today's affirmation: I have ready access to a power beyond my wildest imagination. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am so tempted just to throw in the towel, but I am no quitter, so will stay with the challenge, but it is not doing me any favors. I do this everytime I do one of these challenges, I end up gaining. There is something about the stress of letting the team down that totally makes me start grazing, and I mean grazing just about every moment I am awake. So this will be the last challenge for me. Linda
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and I am hoping it will be a good day. I feel like I am so far behind that it is not funny. I feel stressed and in a rush. I hate that feeling.

@Kurtize - Yes so darn cold and snow. Ugh the snow.
    @imustloseit1 - I am so sorry. Don't think of it as a challenge. Just do your best. We definitely don't want you stressing. Just relax and do what you can. Don't panic if you don't get to exercising or don't lose enough weight. Just use this as a community to talk to about your struggles or wins. Any little win you have we want to celebrate with you. In the end we all win. We are still working and have not given up. We are all learning new things about what works for some people may not work for everyone. Take a breath. If you need help I am here. Message me. I really hope you decide to stay just for the fun and friends. Don't worry about that challenge. Just do only what you can. Don't stress over doing extra or going above and beyond. Several challenges I gained every challenge. I am still trying.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: We use mindfulness to observe the way we cling to pleasant experiences & push away unpleasant ones.—Sharon Salzberg
    I AM: It is ok to not be OK.
    Action for Happiness: Respond kindly to everyone you talk to today, including yourself.
    Happy National Drink Wine Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—H. Jackson Brown Jr.
    Day 48 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and had 6.06 miles yesterday.
    Off again today so going to catch up on a couple podcasts and InPHORMation call from Thursday.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Sunday, been lazy today. Wishing you all a good day and a great new week.

today's Inspiration
    subwysi3cw0r.png
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain Thanks for the wonderful pep talk. I have met some wonderful people here, and you certainly are one of them. I will try to lighten up a little and just think of it as an adverture, and not a challenge. Maybe that will help. Here to a more successful adventure. lol Thanks a million, you are a pep-me-upper. Linda
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    edited February 19
    Options
    @Imustloseit1 SORRY I wasn't on yesterday. Long day very long, but extremely happy day. Ended with a wedding we've been waiting to see happen!
    As @Tabatha_Cain said please focus on you and your achievements. They may not always show on the show, are your clothes fitting better? Can you walk further without pain? Are you noticing any changes in how you process information regarding your health so much more can be used. Those NSV (Non Scale Victory) add up!!
    @Tabatha_Cain, Did you enjoy the day? I hope so!! Can you do any stress reliefs? Do you enjoy doing puzzles? Walking? I do LOL Angry cleaning to burn off anxiety!! BUT have fun also.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Saturday even my Aunt passed away. They rushed her to the hospital for a heart attack and went into surgery to correct the issue and she did not make it out. I found out about noon on Sunday that this happened. I was in charge of telling my family. I called my sister who was a mess and seriously broke down, I told my Mom because even though her and my Dad are divorced she was family to them for 25 years. I told my brother and then I told my kids. It was rough having to tell people all over again. I am a mess this morning. I feel really depressed. Yesterday I just ran on auto pilot for things that had to be done. I will go into work today and figure out what I get for bereavement. I think i just get the funeral off.

@imustloseit1 - I am so glad you are going to give this a go. It definitely is a fun group. I look forward to hearing what is happening in your circle of the world.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did burn off some anxiety. Yesterday was a rough day. I did really well with the stress though. Although I am struggling mentally with some depression right now. Which we can all see why. I will be alright. I will do some more workouts and keep everything going like I always do.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.—Raymond Lindquist
    I AM: My body is a kick *kitten* machine.
    Action for Happiness: Share something you find inspiring, helpful or amusing.
    Happy National Chocolate Mint Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.—George S. Patton
    Day 49 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.05 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting my workout and pliability: Head 2 Toe in before work.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Another beautiful day, took Kayla for an early walk. Sat on the front porch and had my coffee, listened to the birds, played relaxing music, it was perfect.

@Imustloseit1 - Tabatha covered our challenges very well. Just never give up. This is the first challenge I have almost met my goal and I have been doing challenges since 2014. I have been up and down the scale, in 2017 was finally at my goal weight. After we moved in 2021 I gained 20+ back, now just 10 lbs from goal. Just don't beat yourself up if a day goes wrong, shrug it off, and keep going. Just do your best that you feel good, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter. How you feel about yourself does. Hugs

Hope all of you also have a wonderful day. Hugs and blessings.
    Today's inspire me blog was another good one by Clara Freeman. Stand strong and Become the true you
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/stand-strong-and-become-the-true-you/?omhi
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Oh, hon!! I am so deeply sorry about your Aunt!! And making the calls is so horribly hard!! I know I had to make the calls to my 4 brothers, my Aunts (her sisters) also when my Mom died. I was with her, I was the one who could assure them at the very end she went peacefully. I am so sorry you had make the calls. My family announces EVERYTHING ON FACEBOOK!! HUH? No calls when a loved one dies, it just gets posted. HUH??? Many hugs, you'll get through this. Do you have any PTO?
    @Kurtize, TY TY TY For letting @Imustlose1 know it's not a straight arrow. There are many ups and downs, so much more than "losing weight" goes on. That's why I LOVE the 5% Challenge!! It helps to not only "lose weight" but, also it's replacing negative habits with positive ones! These will help us in the long term to be healthy and maintain our weight!!! I've been able to maintain since we came over here from Sparks!! I'm always within 10 lbs of the 170 mark!
    @Imustloseit1 when I first lost going from 288 to 174, but it was NOT THE RIGHT WAY!! I had cut to many calories, and I was not eating things I enjoy. Both of those were huge errors. I regained up to 212 and started to apply the LTGLs into my life to make them my own (even water which I HATED, but now it's MY GO DRINK) PHEW!! Now I know if I cut down on my calories I'll gain. Plain and simple if we do not eat enough to fuel our bodies they will not reward us accordingly. You can do this, go slowly make it real. ASK ANY questions you have. Many of us have been here for a long time and have learned the tricks of the trade, both the ones that do work, and do not work.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a good day. I am door dashing again this evening so hopefully I will be making some money. I got a raise at work. 82 cents. Not bad for only working there like 8 months of the year. I am so glad I worked hard and got to the top of almost everything. It does pay to work hard. Thursday is the funeral for my aunt. I will be taking that day off work. I know Joe is going to ask to get it off, but he probably will not get it off. Aunts of mine are not part of his bereavement package. Only his family or like my parents or sisters or brothers. Nothing extended. Which stinks because why would you not want your spouse at your families funeral. That makes no sense.

@Kurtize - That so sounds wonderful. Definitely would love to do that relaxing stuff. Thank you for sharing your struggles. I know a lot of us have struggled with the weight going on and coming off several times.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I do get 1 day bereavement leave for my aunt. I don't think it has sunk in yet. I have not cried at all. I do know I will be a mess at the funeral and the viewing. We posted nothing on facebook out of respect. All the family was told, arrangements were made and then her daughter posted to Facebook with all the details. Then we just shared her post. That is how our family does it. Real old school with a touch of the new stuff. We are always respectful for the family that had the loss.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: It would be lovely to live in a culture where calmness was the aim.—Matt Haig
    I AM: I am a person that others rely on.
    Action for Happiness: Make a plan to connect with others and do something fun.
    Happy National Love Your Pet Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Rafael Nadal
    Day 50 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.08 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM today so getting my workout, core and mobility in before work.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. It was in the 70's can you believe it. Beautiful day. Feeling invigorated. Hugs all

Daily Affirmation for Wednesday February 21, 2024

Time is my friend. - - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , Hey congrats on the raise!! Did I ever tell you what happened years ago at the grocery store with a rise for a lady who have us the barely mininium? My boss had me go upstairs, FULLY expecting her to have a total fit!! She was getting a 5 CENT RAISE!! Mine was $1 an hour(I was lower management and from 3 to 11:30 at night I had more responsibility than the day timers). We had her sit down, and he told her "You'll be getting a 5 cent raise." She immediately smiled and said "I didn't even expect that!" We were so FLOORED neither of , we were both quite chatty, could not even process she was OKAY WITH IT!! LOLOL to this day I laugh and laugh so hard when I think of it. She continued "I try to not work at all." WELL that just silenced us that much more!! I had bumped into her a few years ago the 2 of us were laughing so hard at it!!
    I agree with you a spouse should also get bereavement pay also!! That's so strange!! GLAD you do though!! Will Joe take a PTO? Our thoughts will be with you.
    Kurtize, WOW!! WOW!! YO!!! Are you in a tornado alley?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be an interesting day. My bosses bosses boss is coming to our office today, and I am leaving early for the viewing for my Aunt and tomorrow is the funeral. Joe did take PTO to be off with me. I am so glad they were willing to approve his PTO. It was so weird that they were telling him he does not get anything for my aunt. Like that is close family to me. Why would my husband not get that off? I am going to be a mess, but his department when he told them approved his time off immediately. Without even questioning. I will make sure that he gets one of the funeral papers so he has that to show he was there.

@Kurtize - We got a high of 52 yesterday. It was really nice.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes, Joe took PTO for Thursday. So we will be off work with me. I am so glad he will be home. I know I am going to be a mess. My aunt was my favorite on my Dad's side of the family. I just will not know what to do, once I see her in that casket. It is going to be so rough.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.—George Santayana
    I AM: I am confident, capable, and gorgeous.
    Action for Happiness: Really listen to what people say, without judging them.
    Happy National Sticky Bun Day!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—Simone Biles
    Day 51 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.35 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-1PM today so getting into the gym for my workout + core after work.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy afternoon. Today we put together the new cushioned chairs and table for our porch. We did it without any big arguments. Took about 2 hours. We ordered them from Amazon. It is 82 right now but the breeze keeps it from feeling that hot.
    6zkvkmg31kf8.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , I am glad that Joe was able to take PTO. It great that is company immediately understood as any of us would. It's just the way the law is. I'm sure it had to be this strict because people were taking extreme advantage of it. But it's Great he has it off. I have two or I had two favorite aunts. One passed away last year. I did go to her funeral course. But I would not absolutely would not go up to the casket. Only one person asked me if I wanted to when I shook my head no saying "no thank you. Aunt E & I agreed that we both wanted me to always remember her the way I saw her the last time. She was laughing and having a great time." No one is going to say anything if you tell them that. I am being cremated so that nobody have to remember that. Especially my granddaughter. She will have an extremely hard time anyways. Unless I piss her off before that!! Lololol But I would never hurt that way. Just take it moment by moment. I always think of the things we enjoyed. Don't bring me comfort and I hope it does you too. Why make it harder on yourself if you don't have too
    @Kurtize, Joyce ur porch is cute. Those *kitten* look so nice and I love the color blue. Good choice.

Tomorrow I'm having X-rays on my back. I think I may have a small fracture. I'll find out. Is something that hurts a whole lot and it's not muscle and it's not nerves. It's not a whole lot left. But all of you if you have not had a Dexter scan, Please check with your doctor and your insurance to see if you can. If osteoporosis writing your family or osteopenia please please get this checked. We caught mine early It doesn't make any difference for me but it might be you. I've been going through this since I was in my late 40s.