Feb 14-20, 2024

Options
SarahMaxx
SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
LW: 128.6
TW: 128.2

Well, I'm lucky again this week and hit the low end of the arc on weigh-in day. I am surprised. We have both been busy and stressed, so hubby decided that he just wanted pizza last night, and that usually results in a temporary 2-pound gain. But apparently the type we had last night was not as high in salt.

Thanks for all the good thoughts coming my way. Honestly, coming here and just voicing my fears and frustrations really helps. You gals have known me for a long time now and we've seen each other through a lot, so the support and the feedback helps. Here's a rundown on what is going on. I'm seeing the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow about my back. My doc says it's time and the discomfort and odd sensations are just not going way. One day, I'll think they're getting better; the next, I'm pretty uncomfortable. So I bit the bullet and called yesterday and they apparently had had a cancellation because I was able to get in tomorrow morning. That means missing my class, which I hate, especially since the clubhouse was closed on Tuesday morning due to the weather. (The community does whatever schools do, and around here, all it has to do is snow an inch or two and school openings are delayed for a couple of hours!) In a few minutes, I need to go up to the imaging center and pick up a CD of my x-rays to take with me.

We have not started any work yet on the pipes. I'm cautious about the way it's presented to our homeowners insurance. I paid the yearly bill for that on Monday and I've started drafting the explanation. (They ask you to first submit a written report online and then they have an agent contact you.) Hubby is more or less leaving this to me, as his workload has exploded. He was up yesterday working at 5 a.m. and I think he was still taking calls at 10 p.m.

My day started off not too good. I normally wake up mostly pain free, but this morning I woke up pretty darned uncomfortable. This time the discomfort is very low. I think my old injuries to my coccyx/L1 area have been aggravated. I also think the fact that my mother was crippled with spinal stenosis in her late 70's and my sister has lived with spinal issues due to her childhood injuries just plays with my head and stirs up all kinds of fear. Hopefully, something I learn tomorrow will help with this.

Lois, I am amazed and so happy to hear that you were able to walk so much. I know a year ago, you could not have visualized walking 15K steps, much lesss 24K! And yes--being with siblings too many days in a row can get a little tricky. I'm glad your friend was able to join you for some time in park to give you a break, and yea to you for taking so many steps to take care of your sister and try to make her trip as enjoyable as possible. You're a kind soul, my friend.

Sheesh, I am happy that you are getting away to spend some time relaxing with your hubby. Envious--but happy! LOL Be sure to log on as soon as you get back and give us the rundown on all the things you do. You and Kelly are going to be tanned and rested in February! :smile: And I'm not sure what weather report you looked at, but yesterday it was cold, windy, and very cloudy here with some rain. Seems we're stuck in a yucky weather pattern. Hope you had better weather out there and were able to get in a walk.

Well, I have a lot to get done today, so here are my 7-day averages.

Steps = 10,424
Kcals burned = 1,644 (will I ever met my 1,725 goal again??)
Stairs = 11 floors

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,107 Member
    edited February 14
    Options
    LW: 134.8
    TW: 134.8

This is what all exercise with not much thinking about intake gets for me. Oh well, I plan to get a new plan as soon as I get home.

Lois, it's great to see you back here, and to read about your trip. Sounds like it was both fun and exhausting, like most vacations are. I agree with Sarah that your walking so much is great!

Sarah, I'm so glad you're getting into the orthopedic doc. I hope he can figure it out, and prescribe the PT you will probably need. Hang in there with the plumbing problems. Nothing you can do other than keep pushing the bolder up the hill each day. I was able to get out for a walk yesterday, and it's nice today, but I'm too busy.

I took hubby out for a pedicure for Valentine's Day today. :D He had been complaining about his dry feet and legs, and I wanted to get those feet to the esthetician before beach time in Mexico, LOL!. I surprised him, and I was glad he was a good sport and went with me. It's the second pedi he's had in his entire life!

Happy Valentine's Day to you ladies . . I really appreciate your friendship and support here <3

• wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm back! The trip to Mexico was lovely, but I'm definitely happy to be home too. (I missed my dog and my bed lol) The last few months has been a lot, but we're on the home stretch now. The regular hockey season is coming to an end this weekend and then playoffs start. Once hockey is done, we'll get a bit of a break before Ball Hockey starts for both kids in May.
    The resort was nice. It was a somewhat smallerish resort, so we found that we kind of ran out of things to do. After the wedding, we just couldn't bring ourselves to drink much anymore :D We walked to the little town near the resort one day, which was about a 40 minute walk one way, so at least we got some exercise in that day. The weather was okay - very windy most days, which is weird for that area, but magically, the day of the wedding was the most beautiful day of the week. I am so happy I was able to be there for my Brother and for the wedding. The bride was beautiful, of course. <3

Sarah - I'm so sorry you're still battling the pain from the Costco incident! Something that didn't seem to be a big deal at the time, sure turned into something terrible. I hope that your appointment with the surgeon went as good as possible. So many awful things happening to you guys all at once. Hopefully the rest of the year turns out much better for you. Sending Happy thoughts your way!

Lois - Your trip, although filled with some moments of drama, sounded great! The picture I saw online looked fun! Crazy how many steps you get in there hey!?

Sheesh - Have a fantastic time on your trip! I hope the weather is beautiful and you get some relaxing in! I love that your hubby went for the pedicure!!

I definitely need to get back into the groove of taking care of me again. And I will get there, I just need to do it. The best part of my trip was that I felt no stress and zero anxiety. As soon as I got home, that anxiety returned for some reason. So I need to figure that out. I fell in love with reading again on my trip, so that's my new hobby as of lately. I'm reading a book called Anna O that has me captivated right now. I'm almost done, and then I'll be sure to start a new one right away. I also need to get back to my morning workouts. Once I start that, I find that everything else falls into place and it makes me want to pay attention to what I eat and makes me want to drink more water. I just have to start.

If I remember, I'll try come back tomorrow and post my weight, so at least I have a "starting" place... again.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sarah - so happy to hear you're seeing an ortho. Hopefully you'll get some direction for relief.

Sheesh is away in Mexico and Kelly has returned!!

Kelly - I recall how crazy it was with the kids schedules. I'm attempting to get to my granddaughters soccer games once a week and so far I'm not doing so well. Hugs to you for making it happen for both of them. You and Shawn are awesome!!

Well, while visiting my daughter, she showed me her new computer monitor that she had recently ordered and loves! Well I'm working on three very old LG 24-27" that are flickering and aging. So I ordered two of her monitors (do you know how many specs that need to be compared to make a good decision? And, she had already done the research.) She works on tables and spreadsheets like I do, so I followed her lead. I have two 35" ultra wide monitors and I can have what appears 4-5 monitor screens viewable simultaneously!! Hubby now calls me "the Girl in the Chair". I got them set up on Saturday and so far this morning, I am loving them. They are so clear and it's nice to have the same contrast/resolution when looking across all screens. So while I may not have gotten in many steps this weekend, I did get quite a few "squats" in as I had to squat to go under my desk (it is a raisable, but only to 49"). I had to remove the monitor arms that were installed as these are too heavy, and then I was able to move them to the back of the desk. It's pretty awesome. The little things that make life easier and happy.

we ate like crap this weekend. Others had given us chocolates for Valentine's Day and we both ate them. Ordered fast food both days. Felt like crud afterwards and still feeling it a bit today. Hoping to make better choices this week. Though, that' snot probable.

With the new sales software launch, I'm out in the field at the various sales offices almost every morning for one on one training to PREPARE for just the backloading of existing buyers. As I had predicted, NONE of the agents worked on ANYTHING while I was gone. We should have done their training this week and moved forward. So frustrating and time consuming. We are hoping to have the sales people writing new sales from the new software by April 1 and there's a TON to be entered before we can get there. So a lot of stress on my shoulders.

So....I need to do some sort of meal planning for this week. Even if it's knowing where to order from daily or every other day. I will not be cooking - no time.