Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85 I listen to Peloton classes mostly, or music. If you’re looking for a good podcast I love Crime Junkies and all their related true crime podcasts.

@Pupowl we recently watched a movie about the Mamas and Papas and other related groups from that time period based out of California. It’s called Echo in the Canyon and it’s narrated by Jakob Dylan, Bob Dylan’s son. The soundtrack is amazing. He re-made a number of songs with other artists like Norah Jones.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl — Thanks for the reminder to respond to @Cyncia85’s prompt to our team. I appreciate getting ideas like this from other group members.

Our rowing coaches usually play music during the winter conditioning workouts on the erg, while stretching, and moving through our weight lifting routines. I think they find the playlists on YouTube or their Peloton group. Sometimes they play 80’s songs, workout motivation playlists, or current hip hop and pop music mixes.

Occasionally, I’ll make a pact with myself to stream episodes while using the stair climbing or elliptical machine at the YMCA but I haven’t done that lately. It’s a good reminder for me to try this again!

Personally, I like a variety of music and often gravitate to some of the hits from the 60’s and early 70’s. I’ll often turn on Pandora and listen to a set artist or playlist theme while cooking, but that’s mainly when I’m home alone. My husband likes to keep the television on whenever he’s home and I don’t like to use earbuds so that’s my home-alone-dance-in-the-kitchen activity. One of these days, I’ll take the time to find comfortable earbuds. Right now, I only use them on an airplane or at the YMCA.

I’ll look forward to seeing what others listen to during a workout. I appreciate the questions you pose to engage the group @Cyncia85 and others. Enjoy!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Hi All!

What do you listen to during a workout?
    Is there a podcast or playlist you can recommend?
    Or maybe you stream a show?
    Or an audio book?

I listen to Pandora either 70s yacht rock or country lifting [actual station] BODi [formerly Beachbody] would have music streaming while workouts were on, but due to copyrights they took out the music
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Cyncia85, I'm eclectic on my musical taste. I listen to just about anything.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 2/18: 10,489
    Mon 2/19: 11,287
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    Week 3 Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday – 10,750
    Monday – 10,975
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday –
    Thursday –
    Friday –
    Saturday –
    Weekly 3 Daily average =
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    The daily card:
    We can be really hard on ourselves. To balance feelings of self-criticism and unworthiness, it is really important to remember that fundamentally, we are actually on our own side. A good way to do this is to develop gratitude for yourself, recognizing that so much of what you do, you do for your own good-even if it doesn't always work out in the way you expected. Take a few minutes today to close your eyes and thank yourself, because you're doing the best you can.

dtgv8ly7py6s.jpg

This is a good one - a great way to practice self-compassion. <3
    Thank you for typing out the card, I started to squint to read the card :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Pupowl wrote: »
    The daily card:
    We can be really hard on ourselves. To balance feelings of self-criticism and unworthiness, it is really important to remember that fundamentally, we are actually on our own side. A good way to do this is to develop gratitude for yourself, recognizing that so much of what you do, you do for your own good-even if it doesn't always work out in the way you expected. Take a few minutes today to close your eyes and thank yourself, because you're doing the best you can.

dtgv8ly7py6s.jpg

This is a good one - a great way to practice self-compassion. <3
    Thank you for typing out the card, I started to squint to read the card :smile:

I also liked it! I was afraid it would be hard to read, especially on mobile, so I will keep writing out the ones with smaller text. Glad to hear that was indeed a good idea. :smiley:
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I have anemia and my blood pressure got wonky. I have had to quit coffee. :( *sad*

A photo for you from my favorite coffee shop on the coast...

5uzm4ocqbavs.jpg

Speaking of the 60's music scene of LA and Laurel Canyon, great book -- "Weird Scenes Inside The Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & The Dark Heart Of The Hippie Dream" -- it's bonkers. A person kinda needs to know the players in the 60's scene though. :+1:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    azaw4zyhguu0.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo so sorry about your tooth. It’s the worst.

@Itadakimasu7 Thanks for the book suggestion! I just ordered a copy!

@Pupowl you have such lovely places to walk.

Happy hump day everyone!

Thank you - I appreciate it 💕
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In

PW: 132.7
    CW: 132.1
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps