Introduce yourself!

Options
Jancandoit7
Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
Hi all! My name is Jan. I'm 66 and hoping to lose about 40 pounds. Starting weight (5 weeks ago) was 209. Currently at 204. Can't wait to get down under 200! I'm eating a whole foods balanced diet, keeping carbs moderate, added sugars low.

Replies

• hiker5741
    hiker5741 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 3
    Options
    Hi Jan. I’m Mary. Looking to lose at least 10 pounds. (Currently 173, want to get under 165) Just quit Noom and I’m looking for some accountability pals! Chocolate is my ultimate downfall. I’d like to have 5 chocolate-free days each week. I’m pretty active and generally eat okay… sweets… they creep in!
  • egill0607
    egill0607 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Liz. I am 62 (63 in June) and from Philly area. I am 5'8" and currently at 220. I would love to be around 200 as I was before and felt good at that weight. I'd love to be under 200 but it's REALLY hard to get there. I am type 2 diabetic so trying to do 1500 calories a day, focusing on protein and low carbs/low sugar. My main thing is getting exercise in! argg
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Mike. I live in Edmonton Alberta. I drive truck for a living. I am 63 and weight 225. My wife and I started canning food so we know what is in it. I am trying to eat low carb and higher protein. I am trying to eat cleaner.
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    hiker5741 wrote: »
    Hi Jan. I’m Mary. Looking to lose at least 10 pounds. (Currently 173, want to get under 165) Just quit Noom and I’m looking for some accountability pals! Chocolate is my ultimate downfall. I’d like to have 5 chocolate-free days each week. I’m pretty active and generally eat okay… sweets… they creep in!

Hello Mary! I looooove sweets-cutting them mostly out is my biggest challenge.
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    egill0607 wrote: »
    Hello, I am Liz. I am 62 (63 in June) and from Philly area. I am 5'8" and currently at 220. I would love to be around 200 as I was before and felt good at that weight. I'd love to be under 200 but it's REALLY hard to get there. I am type 2 diabetic so trying to do 1500 calories a day, focusing on protein and low carbs/low sugar. My main thing is getting exercise in! argg

I'm eating 1500 a day as well. I have hypothyroidism so losing is tough and if I eat too low cal my thyroid goes out of whack.
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am Mike. I live in Edmonton Alberta. I drive truck for a living. I am 63 and weight 225. My wife and I started canning food so we know what is in it. I am trying to eat low carb and higher protein. I am trying to eat cleaner.

Hey Mike! Canning your own food is a great idea. I've found eating only whole foods makes me feel better.
  • hiker5741
    hiker5741 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in challenging each other weekly? I’d like to have 5 chocolate free days per week, but I’d prefer to have someone to ‘report’ to. What would you all like to challenge yourselves to?
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    I'm down 9 pounds (started Feb. 7). Feeling pretty good about this since I have hypothyroidism and have to keep calorie deficit moderate. Yay!
  • Jancandoit7
    Options
    hiker5741 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in challenging each other weekly? I’d like to have 5 chocolate free days per week, but I’d prefer to have someone to ‘report’ to. What would you all like to challenge yourselves to?

My challenge is to lose .5-1 pound per week. So far I'm hitting that mark (9 pounds down in 7 weeks. I'm eating a whole food diet with moderate carbs. I LOVE sweets and am aiming for one "real" treat per week. To me that could be chocolate or a small soft serve cone.